Price of Boxes announced

It's lazy to suggest that Sheffield doesn't have the money or the kind of companies who would absolutely be squarely in the frame for a £40k+ season commitment.

What's clear is that in its current form, neither the marketing of the proposition nor the proposition itself is worth the price tag.

Sorry but if I wanted a box I would look at the website of the club. There is nothing on the OS and while I'm sure last year's box sponsors would be given first option, I'm also sure that (had the prices been decided) they would be on the OS. After all the prices would not stay confidential for very long.

All there is at the moment is here-say.

A redacted copy of any offer sent to a company would be useful to change the minds of us doubters.

It's lazy to suggest that Sheffield doesn't have the money or the kind of companies who would absolutely be squarely in the frame for a £40k+ season commitment.

What's clear is that in its current form, neither the marketing of the proposition nor the proposition itself is worth the price tag.

If it does then great but if so, why hasn't the club been tapping into that recently. Perhaps the commercial side of the club has been a bit too defeatist

If I was going to spend tens of thousands of pounds on football, I'd have the club come to me and pitch their proposition in person. The idea of corporate box season tickets being hawked on the club website is ludicrous.

If it does then great but if so, why hasn't the club been tapping into that recently. Perhaps the commercial side of the club has been a bit too defeatist

It's certainly been underfunded and undersupported.

but that IS what's happened to football in general...

the working class game of the 60's is no longer visible in the premier league...

in the upper reaches of the championship we've seen brentford stick their noses in, and afcb go up (nouvel riche)...

blackpoo before them...

we are/were maybe one of the sides still being run in the manner of an old fashioned football club...

but at appears that is drawing to a close...

you're likely correct, he IS here to make money or massage his ego, what's wrong with him wanting to make money?

what's wrong with him massaging his ego?

so should only a sheffielder own sheffield club's?

should only sheffield residing people attend their games?

you avoid the obvious by stating blah, blah, blah, to everything that doesn't suit...

my guess is pretty soon we'll all be dealing with realism, pay and go, or don't and stay at home...

the truth for many may well be somewhere in between...

The issue isn't what's happening it's whether we like it. I don't avoid the obvious by saying blah blah to it. I just don't want to be in a position where I and many others who've supported Wednesday through thin and thinner are priced out in favour of people who couldn't really give a to55. Football was affordable in the 70s, 80s and 90s too but the Premier League changed things for the worse and I fear how much our prices are going to rise.

Wednesday are a great traditional football club formed all those years ago to play sport not make money. I love the fact that the core support is Sheffield through and through. There are some from outside the city but most of those I guess will have links to the city via family and friends. I don't want a crowd full of tourists diluting what this club means - money or no money. I'm not a customer, if I was I'd have taken my business elsewhere years ago, I'm a Wednesdayite and a Sheffielder and they are the people I like watching my football with. I know that is likely to change especially if DC takes our club the way he wants to. It's his business but the traditions are ours and he probably doesn't give a fig about them. We'll see.

Writings on the wall people.

Not looking forward to paying £60 for a ticket in n Premier League.

Never mind £60 in the PL.  I'm not looking forward to renewing on the Kop season after next at £500 a pop....   Cos that's what it'll be.

Not at any price.

If the product is worth it people will pay, if it's crap, like at home last season, they will not.

The new regime is taking a chance and I'll reserve judgement until I see the quality of the new signings as will many others.

Here's a link to last season's commercial brochure: http://www.swfc.co.uk/documents/2014-15-commercial-brochure-updated138-1813287.pdf

You can see exactly what you got for 25,000 quid:

Luxuriously appointed private box facility

- First class hospitality service with dedicated hostess

Complimentary drinks allowance (£75 at each game)

Three-course table d’hôte meal in one of our distinctive restaurant suites

Ten padded balcony seats with fantastic views of the pitch

Three carpark passes in Hillsborough Park

- Complimentary matchday programmes

LCD TV with Sky Sports and matchday coverage

Half and full time refreshments

Licensed betting facility

Brand awareness in the matchday programme and within the stadium

Free use of your box for meetings on non-matchdays (£50 cover charge

for refreshments)

The prices include all home league games, the first Capital One League

Cup game and the first Budweiser FA Cup game played at Hillsborough.

This excludes friendlies and play-off games.

Anyone know what the "brand awareness" involved? Looking at the advertising opportunities section, it looks like that alone might have been worth around a quarter of the price.

Only if actual box holders giving their accounts of what they've been offered to renew by the club counts as proof.

FFS

All i am saying is it's the 21st century would it hurt to see some correspondence from the club, not saying anyone's lying just that they posted it on owlstalk so theirs a chance they are lol