Price of Boxes announced

Unfortunately entertaining is not tax deductible.

You can't even claim the VAT back I believe.

Isn't advertising ???

Guest Distraught!

I'm thinking just the same.

If we sell all the higher priced exec boxes (even if it is to his "family") maybe we can justify higher shirt sponsorship income and ground naming rights. We need to increase commercial income, this maybe just one way of increasing our "base" level somewhat.

If they are all left empty though.......

They wouldn't be.

I'm sure a company like John West have sufficient key personnel and clients to keep them full.

Guest Deleted member

They wouldn't be.

I'm sure a company like John West have sufficient key personnel and clients to keep them full.

You seriously think that John West would take 240 people a game to Hillsborough?

You seriously think that John West would take 240 people a game to Hillsborough?

lol

Be a dear do what with flights an all

Guest Distraught!

Firstly, some of the boxes would still be sold to other parties.

Secondly, most of them don't turn up for the match. It is just corporate entertainment and business discussion over a meal. The boxes themselves don't even have to be fully occupied.

Thirdly, some employees would go just because it's a freebie and a chance to pose in a corporate box. There's always that type.

Guest Deleted member

Firstly, some of the boxes would still be sold to other parties.

Secondly, most of them don't turn up for the match. It is just corporate entertainment and business discussion over a meal. The boxes themselves don't even have to be fully occupied.

Thirdly, some employees would go just because it's a freebie and a chance to pose in a corporate box. There's always that type.

So you think the Chairman would turn down a potential £576,000 from people who will have a box (24 boxes at £24k a season) - just so he can throw another £840k at it?

You do know this guys a businessman???

Guest Distraught!

So you think the Chairman would turn down a potential £576,000 from people who will have a box (24 boxes at £24k a season) - just so he can throw another £840k at it?

I'm not saying anything other than, if he the Chansiri family did self finance the boxes, they would find a use for them.

What really happens is down to the commercial bods at Hillsborough.

I've no idea either way and it seems unlikely but if folk really think he'll be chucking money about then just sticking 10 Grillion quid in the sponsorship column was never really gonna wash with regards to FFP was it. Edited by Sonny

Guest Distraught!

Could it be a loop hole for getting money into the club? DC buys all the ones that aren't sold? Avoiding FFP? Or is this a ridiculous thought.

No, not at all.

To clarify my previous point, I was not suggesting that Chansiri deliberately buys the entire allocation of boxes.

I think that it is entirely feasible that the boxes can be put on general sale and ,if there was just for the sake of argument three or four unsold, TUF could buy them up through their corporate entertainment budget then give them to John West (UK) Ltd.,for  use  during the season.

It doesn't appear to be an outlandish suggestion at all and probably not a deliberate attempt to circumnavigate FFP rules.

No, not at all.

To clarify my previous point, I was not suggesting that Chansiri deliberately buys the entire allocation of boxes.

I think that it is entirely feasible that the boxes can be put on general sale and ,if there was just for the sake of argument three or four unsold, TUF could buy them up through their corporate entertainment budget then give them to John West (UK) Ltd.,for  use  during the season.

It doesn't appear to be an outlandish suggestion at all and probably not a deliberate attempt to circumnavigate FFP rules.

At those prices he better get a cheque book ready to buy about 20 of them

Guest Distraught!

At those prices he better get a cheque book ready to buy about 20 of them

I am assuming that the Commercial Department at Hillsborough have carried out a feasibility study for sales at those prices.

There again, maybe being a Wednesday fan should have taught me not to assume anything.

Edited by Distraught!

I am assuming that the Commercial Department at Hillsborough have carried out a feasibility study for sales at those prices.

There again, maybe being a Wednesday fan should have taught me not to assume anything.

Seriously mate i wouldn't assume anything!!! and to be fair its the same up and down the country, if i told you my story of looking at sponsorship across the the board you wouldn't believe me. The corporate sales are absolutely abysmal with no attention to detail