Price of Boxes announced

Guest _Ibbo_

Partly true

I understand there will be an option to buffet in one suite, and have waitress service in the other

Well actually yes

*Falls of chair*

It's been a real struggle to justify the cost for the past 7 or so seasons that we've had one. With that kind of increase it'd just be impossible, especially when realistically, you're paying that to take your mates for a knees up. The little touches have massively let it down from a commercial/advertising perspective - I've said for years that it's quite frankly scandalous how little exposure/publicity the box holders get to the wider fanbase, considering how much they spend.

Most fans can't name you more than a couple of box holders, so there's barely any brand awareness or commercial benefit to having one.

Add in to it the 'frozen' bar allowance that barely covers anything given the year on year drinks price increases, the lack of investment in the box/surroundings and the quite honestly insulting 'service' of the 15 year old waitresses (no blame attached to them) then I'd be amazed if this isn't a step too far for just about all.

It's been a real struggle to justify the cost for the past 7 or so seasons that we've had one. With that kind of increase it'd just be impossible, especially when realistically, you're paying that to take your mates for a knees up. The little touches have massively let it down from a commercial/advertising perspective - I've said for years that it's quite frankly scandalous how little exposure/publicity the box holders get to the wider fanbase, considering how much they spend.

Most fans can't name you more than a couple of box holders, so there's barely any brand awareness or commercial benefit to having one.

Add in to it the 'frozen' bar allowance that barely covers anything given the year on year drinks price increases, the lack of investment in the box/surroundings and the quite honestly insulting 'service' of the 15 year old waitresses (no blame attached to them) then I'd be amazed if this isn't a step too far for just about all.

One would tend to assume that the idea would be to offer a more attractive service and experience than before? Obviously I don't know - having never been to a box at Hillsborough.

All are forgetting one thing.

Take a hit in the first season, people may not believe your intent so fail to invest.   YOU PROVE YOUR INTENT.   Yes you take a hit, not a stupid hit, but a hit non the less.   YOU PROVE INTENT by investing your own cash.   

Next season?  No problem.

So Lloyd, would you say the problem is not headline price but value for money?

I absolutely agree that the corporate proposition at Hillsborough is light years behind any comparable club (tbh I did private box at Rochdale in the promotion season and it shat all over S6) - but if you turned up on the first weekend in August to find an overhauled corporate suite, with food and drink comparable to high-end gastropub and retooled boxes with useful facilities (media/connectivity/trained staff), would you still baulk at the price?

"If you build it, they will come" is where we need to be here - we need statements of intent across the board. But we need to remember to build it. Otherwise it's just going to see the exodus of the final few loyal partners.

All are forgetting one thing.

Take a hit in the first season, people may not believe your intent so fail to invest.   YOU PROVE YOUR INTENT.   Yes you take a hit, not a stupid hit, but a hit non the less.   YOU PROVE INTENT by investing your own cash.   

Next season?  No problem.

Exactly what I'm trying to say - this is what we should be doing, but actually executing on the proof of intent :)

agree  revamping a club's commercial take is one thing,  pricing out the companies who have remained loyal and maintained their support during dark times is another. Bearing in mind that these same box holders have just suffered a dreadful home season are now rewarded with a slap in the face 

Ok so we've seen a pitch and a scoreboard both of which are signs of intent, but it's early and no indication as yet as to the calibre of the team for next season. I hope for the commercial team's sake they have a quality team to sell ....... we'll see    

BTW does anyone have a link to a comparison chart of championship exec boxes ?  

Doesn't affect me personally but surely the fact we are higher proved than some premier league clubs points to over pricing Regardless of how much the service may improve

Just seen almost for times as much as forest! Leeds would be best comparison

Edited by darklord

Just done a quick google search and went for Forest:-http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/commercial/hospitality/executivebox.aspx

poo poo the bed

The package includes (for eight guests):

- Champagne reception (served up to one-and-a-half hours before kick-off)
- Access to Munich and Madrid bars
- Eight seats in private executive box
- Forest legend as host
- Half-time interview with former player
- Framed first-team shirt
- Advertising board located on the Main Stand
- Matchday programme and teamsheet
- Two hospitality car parking spaces
- Betting facilities
- Opportunity to dine (subject to additional cost)

Dress code: casual

Early Bird 2015-16 Seasonal Membership: £11,550 + VAT to£15,750 + VAT

So 4 boxes at forest for one at Hillsborough.