Price of Boxes announced

I think racing and other sports that take most of the day have an advantage over football.

Corporate hospitality at football is by its nature a rushed and therefore poor quality business.

Ie most people get to the ground no earlier than 90 mins before the game and want to leave within 90 minutes of the final whistle.

So on a Saturday it normally goes like this

13:30 beer

14:00 food

1sr half

Beer

2nd half

Beer

Leave

That has been the format at every ground I have been too on a corporate ticket.

Yes the executive area and boxes need modernising at s6 but given the above timescales what more can be done to make a meaningful difference.

They usually throw in a pie at the end too.

We're football fans on here - it's not the flipping FT forum. Big price rises stink. Full stop.

but you're a football fan, you speak from your football fans heart...

he's a businessman, he speaks from his businessman's head...

AND THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE...

i imagine ALL of us would have to win on the lottery to accrue enough wealth to be very comfortable for the rest of our lives...

he doesn't have to, his, and his family's business management have brought him that...

You seriously think that John West would take 240 people a game to Hillsborough?

i very much doubt that the boxes will be empty...

THIS GUY IS NO IDIOT,  believe me...

but he's not come to pi$$ his fortune on sheffield wednesday...

he's come here to facilitate the club's (serious) push on retaining the place it held in the early/mid 90's...

football is still affordable if you budget, what was it like a tenner a week pays for your season ticket. Whats that a couple of pints of beer less a week.

Yes we would all like it to be cheaper but that ship has sailed. Even here in Finland some matches are over twenty quid to watch semi-pros play

i very much doubt that the boxes will be empty...

THIS GUY IS NO IDIOT,  believe me...

but he's not come to pi$$ his fortune on sheffield wednesday...

he's come here to facilitate the club's (serious) push on retaining the place it held in the early/mid 90's...

Dont usually watch MOTD but noticed all the Thai/Asian sponsors Leicester had. You would presume we would do the same so thats probably a good half dozen boxes sorted per game

Guest rubydubydoo

We all have to accept that football is now a mega multi billion pound business.

And the fact our season tickets, boxes, etc.. have gone up in price is no surprise at all.

When you want quality you have to pay for it.

the type of player we wish to attract will be wanting wages of around 30k per week and its when you think that a corporate box for a season would only just cover the cost of one player for one week that the craziness of football money hits you.

Its just the way it is....

Our crowds next season will be dog s##t

you shouldn't be going to count the crowd, although for some recent ish seasons that's all there's been to do...

IF he puts together a winning side that's top 3...

HE'LL GET A CROWD IN...

that's the game he's playing...

YOU'RE gonna pay...

and he's gonna have to produce the goods...

if he fails, then the crowds will fall off drastically...

and any further reinforcement of the squad will be at his expense...

but the first expense (and rightly so from a business point of view) will be ours...

You only have to look at some of the premiership attendances eg QPR and even Chelsea to see that the paying fans dont really mean much to a club in the PL. Thats what he is hoping for. Im sure we would get almost 30k a week IF we are doing well

The price increases are the most worrying thing of the takeover for me.

of course you are...

it's only natural to be so...

you want success, but you want someone else to fund it, vast amounts of football fans do too...

they want a billionaire to come along, pith all his money on the club, then sling his hook, and make way for the next billionaire...

ever since i've watched wednesday we've never been REALLY flush, and 75%ish of the time we've been strapped...

the vast majority (i assume) want premier football, but that will cost...

he's come here to make that happen, but he's not willing to fund it ENTIRELY...

but from reading the posts on here, a good many DON'T want to pay the extra, but still want premier football, i doubt that's gonna happen...

I think this says that Mr C has confidence that the SWFC experience will be much better this coming season. To date, I have no reason to doubt that he will walk the walk. Let's be honest he hasn't done a lot of needless blabbing just said what he's going to do and then set about doing it. When was the last time you saw that at S6? We've had so much smoke and mirrors for the last 20(?) years that we don't even know which way is up.

As was said by others on here, the risks will have been calculated and there will be a plan. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now and see if that plan works. Everyone was moaning about the old way that things were done (re match day income, experience), so now it's being changed (and if it isn't being changed but the prices are just being hiked then understandably there will be trouble). I hope that it's successful. The one thing that I am liking is that it appears Mr C is going to start running us as a Prem Team. I accept that we aren't that yet but let's begin as we mean to continue. If the plan comes together and we are promoted, then I expect us to have a better than average chance of surviving in the top flight. 

we're being dragged from the 1930's to the 2020's, of course there'll be some screaming... WTF:

Guest Distraught!

Corporate boxes are a weird one, would I like to experience them? Yes.

Would I like to use them every game? Absolutely not.

Even if I was in a position to easily afford one, which I'm not, I'd much rather have a few pints in the pub, a roast pork sandwich before sitting with the masses than being in some sterile environment drinking carling black label and eating a prawn cocktail with a load of gimps.

It all seems a bit weird to me, like the poster above mentioned - you're only there for a few hours, therefore what's the point.

Most of it is about business networking.

I have attended several sporting events across a spectrum of activities and usually the people invited along have no interest whatsoever in anything other than taking advantage of freebies and talking shop.

At least if the match is utter dross, you can sit in a comfy chair with a beer.

No food included at Forest

Option. Can't see it cost £30k for the season.

I like that approach - go and watch a match in a box but don't need to eat unless you want to. Perhaps it depends on the demographic you're targeting.

That's something that we can only look forward to at the moment.  Lets give the man a chance.

Ask yourself this: Would you sooner be a Chelsea supporter, or a Sheff Utd one? (add any other lower league team)

but not every side in the premier is chelsea...

where do you draw the failure line?

would you rather be a derby supporter, or a newcastle one?

of course you are...

it's only natural to be so...

you want success, but you want someone else to fund it, vast amounts of football fans do too...

they want a billionaire to come along, pith all his money on the club, then sling his hook, and make way for the next billionaire...

ever since i've watched wednesday we've never been REALLY flush, and 75%ish of the time we've been strapped...

the vast majority (i assume) want premier football, but that will cost...

he's come here to make that happen, but he's not willing to fund it ENTIRELY...

but from reading the posts on here, a good many DON'T want to pay the extra, but still want premier football, i doubt that's gonna happen...

BUT our season tickets - to buy one right now - are THE MOST expensive in the whole division.

I have yet to find a box in our division that costs as much.

Now we can all push the rhetoric of needing to share the cost but the fact is Sheffield does not have the necessary wealth in sufficient numbers to support these prices.

Knowledge of the UK economy tells everybody that he needs to build a Newcastle, Sunderland or Everton and he is trying to build a Spurs or Chelsea.

If he wanted that, he has bought the wrong club.

Now, we can all say he knows what he is doing, he is a successful businessman BUT phase two season ticket prices end in two weeks. If the numbers are as low as we all suspect then the price hike has completely failed despite you saying people should be willing to share the burden. The reality is they won't.

It is a classic case of the cart before the horse. As of yet the fans have seen no player signings of any intent whatsoever. Therefore we are being asked to stump up in blind faith that a businessman we had never heard of will invest levels of cash we don't know if he is willing to.

BUT our season tickets - to buy one right now - are THE MOST expensive in the whole division.

I have yet to find a box in our division that costs as much.

Now we can all push the rhetoric of needing to share the cost but the fact is Sheffield does not have the necessary wealth in sufficient numbers to support these prices.

Knowledge of the UK economy tells everybody that he needs to build a Newcastle, Sunderland or Everton and he is trying to build a Spurs or Chelsea.

If he wanted that, he has bought the wrong club.

Now, we can all say he knows what he is doing, he is a successful businessman BUT phase two season ticket prices end in two weeks. If the numbers are as low as we all suspect then the price hike has completely failed despite you saying people should be willing to share the burden. The reality is they won't.

It is a classic case of the cart before the horse. As of yet the fans have seen no player signings of any intent whatsoever. Therefore we are being asked to stump up in blind faith that a businessman we had never heard of will invest levels of cash we don't know if he is willing to.

sorry to say but you're wrong...

the 3rd. division play off game v. hartlepool dragged 50,000 wednesdayites off their arses...

the wycombe game dragged 40,000 off their's...

yet they don't attend hillsborough EVERY home game...

IF he puts together a winning side, that wins promotion he will get in excess of 21/22k per game, @ his entry prices that's how much?...

however the power STILL belongs to the supporters, we have the right to choose...