Price of Boxes announced

It'll be a bit like going to a new restaurant, I think we are seeing new horizons the most important thing in a box lease is the status.

One thing that rich people hate is loss of status...All will be well lol

It's £173-91 PPP match The market can stand this taking into account improvements on and off the pitch !

Plus food and drink ,they are not necessarily competing with other football grounds by maybe the likes of Doncaster Racecourse where many companies take their clients to wine and dine them

I think racing and other sports that take most of the day have an advantage over football.

Corporate hospitality at football is by its nature a rushed and therefore poor quality business.

Ie most people get to the ground no earlier than 90 mins before the game and want to leave within 90 minutes of the final whistle.

So on a Saturday it normally goes like this

13:30 beer

14:00 food

1sr half

Beer

2nd half

Beer

Leave

That has been the format at every ground I have been too on a corporate ticket.

Yes the executive area and boxes need modernising at s6 but given the above timescales what more can be done to make a meaningful difference.

Go to Man City and find out.

Amazing experience.

I totally understand that Citiy's Ground and facilities are top class however  I would be very interested to know what you got that was ' an amazing experience'  because perhaps we should simply copy this.

As a side note I went in club class seats at the emirates stadium this was not a corporate box but was very upmarket, lovely facilities but ultimately it was still Beer, 1st half , Beer, 2nd half , Beer while wating for the crowds to die down and then leave. Very nice yes but amazing no simply a posh/ modern  version of sitting in the grandstand at S6

Edited by Geedee

Option. Can't see it cost £30k for the season.

I like that approach - go and watch a match in a box but don't need to eat unless you want to. Perhaps it depends on the demographic you're targeting.

It sounds like a good flexible idea to me. , If you had some form of running buffet as opposed to sit down set meals it would be fairly easy to offer meals as an option on the day.

Could this be a way for Chansiri to put more money into the club in regards to FFP?

I think it's way over priced but if each of his many businesses buy one he can entertain clients from different fields of his various businesses whilst putting in extra money into the club?

Could be way off but it could be a way for him to entertain various European clients whilst helping funding with sheffield wednesday.

So the box prices haven't been 'announced' then?

Yes, they have been announced.

Just only to people who have a box or who had expressed an interest in having one.

Because it's not been on Wednesdays website or Owlstalk doesn't mean it's not 'announced'.

The official prices are £35K + Vat and £41K + vat.

My company today announced that we are changing our lunch hour times. Just because they didn't tell you doesn't make it any less of an announcement lol

Yes, they have been announced.

Just only to people who have a box or who had expressed an interest in having one.

Because it's not been on Wednesdays website or Owlstalk doesn't mean it's not 'announced'.

The official prices are £35K + Vat and £41K + vat.

My company today announced that we are changing our lunch hour times. Just because they didn't tell you doesn't make it any less of an announcement lol

Well if they want new customers to have boxes that weren't sold last season then shouldn't they announce them? Or are they happy with only having the current box holders. lol

Nothing on OS so not really an announcement.

Personally I will be amazed if these prices aren't significantly reduced in the next couple of weeks

Always scope to negotiate on these types of things.

Know a friends company who had one, renewals at 33k at the moment. They paid 24k last season.

no doubt when people enquire or the commercial team contact companies they are told the price ,i dont get your point...are you suggesting the prices havnt gone up?

No not suggesting that, my point is why aren't we advertising/announcing the prices to draw in new customers? Instead of sitting around waiting for enquiries and then telling them. All seems a bit amateur-ish.

I cant really get excited about this if 'm honest.  I could never afford a box in the first place.  My guess is that if a company has enough money in its coffers to fritter away on an executive box then it'll have enough money to cope with the price increase. 

Can't really understand the outcry about the prices of the executive boxes for next season.

Judging from the comments criticising the second phase price of season tickets I very much doubt

that many Owlstalk posters were considering taking a box next season anyway.

Of course this is Owlstalk isn't it ?  Never miss an opportunity to find something else to complain about

even though it doesn't affect the vast majority of ordinary fans.

It does affect ordinary fans, indirectly if the revenue isnt there to support the business/football team next season due to bad pricing.

I had always been of the impression that Sheffield struggles commercially and although its good to act like a Premier side we may be trying to run before we can walk. I wouldve thought we may need to show we mean business on the pitch and improve the brand that way (attracting business interest from the wider region including Leeds) prior to hiking corporate prices because many business people are in the prawn sandwich brigade and they will likely know very little about Chansiri or his ambitions at the moment.

However, I'm fairly sure the likes of DC and Paul Aldridge have a better track record in these things then I do and perhaps they are on to something that isnt obvious. It would be quality if we did get the boxes filled and corporate revenues filled though as its an area we have real scope to improve on.