Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

pato and hulk are barmy rumours will both be on megabucks

Tho the only way S6 will be full as Chansiri is hoping is if he signs players as good as Pato. Obviously never going to happen but neither is a regular large attendence. Signing a player like ALF isn't going to achieve it. I guess this season will mainly be Chansiri learning things about the championship

Guest domSWFC

Hulk due to have a medical tomorrow.

Will be taking a pay cut, but will get a huge huge bonus if we get promoted. Heard from a very very reliable source inside the club. The player journos have been alluding to when they say we'd be amazed.

You might find it hard to believe, because I just made it up.

Edited by domSWFC

Good read that. I wouldn't even be surprised if Norwich just gave him away or for a minimal fee. Interesting might be worth a punt if the financials are right.

Yep, good read. Suppose the Dutch/Portuguese links make it seem feasible, but it doesn't fit in with the claim, that we will be amazed at who we're signing. Wouldn't be too miffed if he came, along with someone who was less of a gamble. Reckon we could get him for under £2m

Yep, good read. Suppose the Dutch/Portuguese links make it seem feasible, but it doesn't fit in with the claim, that we will be amazed at who we're signing. Wouldn't be too miffed if he came, along with someone who was less of a gamble. Reckon we could get him for under £2m

Agree, this could never be anything more than a speculative punt. Hard to put a value on him as both May and Nuhiu have scored more Championship goals.

I can see James Wilson staying in the Premier League, more than Jordan Rhodes playing in the Premier League next season.

Will Buckley is likely to end up at Leeds Utd.

Maynard, Le Fondre, Jones all available from Cardiff.

Jones & Rhodes anyone?

I'm obviously in the minority where Jordan Rhodes is concerned. I don't think we should be looking at paying £8M never mind £10M. Proven goalscorer at this level granted but I'm not convinced he'd score regularly here?

We haven't had a regular goalscorer here for a very long time. Is it because of the way we play or particularly the pressure of playing at Hillsborough? Either way there's no guarantees of goals whoever we bring in and let's not forget despite JR's goals Blackburn are still in the championship. All a goalscorer might do for us is turn us from a bottom half into just a top half side which is a start but I've been talking to mates this past week who think if we don't finish in the top six given the ticket prices this coming season will be a failure?

I would look at bringing Kenwynne back. I think he would fit the mould of the mobile powerful forward we may be looking at to make CC's new playing style work. However it is nice to be linked to big money strikers but given where we are at the moment I think it would be a mistake to just chuck money at it to justify the ticket prices?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Wilson was linked with Hull so I thought we might be in for him too.

van wolfswinkel is a prime example of why there's no point getting excited about foreign players until you know whether they can adapt and settle.

At the minute I think we have a lot of promise in terms of playing possession football and have some more pace out wide for a change but in terms of where it counts ie up front and at the back, it's going to take a while to click and we could be in for a tough one on the opening day

On the face of it signing Rhodes (if it is even possible) should mean goals. But it's never that simple. We seem to be assembling a decent squad though and that will undoubtedly help whoever is up front.

I do understand the criticism of spending 10M on Rhodes. I can't help but think there must be other players available for half or even less that should be able to achieve just as much for us. Wouldn't be complaining if he came though.

Can't believe some on here who wouldn't really want club to spend 10m or there a outs on Rhodes.

Proven goal scorer in this league.

Still only 25 so in his prime n could have sell on value.

Puts bums on seats.

His contribution could make us top 6.

Biggest transfer in clubs history.

Make opposition wary of us.

Pee the piglets off.

Ticket prices etc will stand no matter what so let DC do what he can to take us to the prem.

I think what he's learned at York n oitp about the fans will make him more determined to please the fans.

Can't believe some on here who wouldn't really want club to spend 10m or there a outs on Rhodes.

Proven goal scorer in this league.

Still only 25 so in his prime n could have sell on value.

Puts bums on seats.

His contribution could make us top 6.

Biggest transfer in clubs history.

Make opposition wary of us.

Pee the piglets off.

Ticket prices etc will stand no matter what so let DC do what he can to take us to the prem.

I think what he's learned at York n oitp about the fans will make him more determined to please the fans.

No problem if he comes or if Mr C chooses to spend on him. Just saying we could get 2,3 or 4 in for that money who would improve us and improve our chances of promotion. I guess I think we need maybe 3 or 4 more to have a serious crack at playoffs. If spending the 10M on one player means that can't happen then I'd be looking at alternatives as well as Rhodes.

With Rhodes and Gestede, Blackburn failed to make the playoffs even. I note you included a "could" in your statement about making us top 6 material. That's what it's all about. We'll sign whoever we sign and then it's up to the players and coaching staff to make the best of the opportunity and situation. It will become clearer with time.

Edited by themaskedowl

Bristol City have completed their first signing of the summer, bringing in Jonathan Kodjia from Angers SCO for €3m (£2.1m).

Steve Cotterill’s men are preparing for life in the Championship after winning League One last season, and 25-year-old striker Kodjia – who has signed a three-year deal – is the first new face at Ashton Gate.

So, they've spent roughly the same as us.

Their fans will go MENTAL when they announce their new ticket prices....

Rhodes is one rumour that just won't go away. I honestly believe we're in for him but I honestly don't know if I think it will happen.

FAO those saying get real no chance, what makes you say that? You have no idea how ambitious chansiri is and you have no idea what his budget is. I'd guess only chansiri, roeder, Aldridge and probably senior and hill know that. There must be something in the rumour for it to crop up right at the beginning of summer and last until now

With Rhodes, I think we are trying it on. A bit like looking at a house you can't afford, just to be nosey, and with the hope they accept a silly offer. If Blackburn said yes, and they want £8m, I reckon we'd bob ourselves.

Hulk due to have a medical tomorrow.

Will be taking a pay cut, but will get a huge huge bonus if we get promoted. Heard from a very very reliable source inside the club. The player journos have been alluding to when they say we'd be amazed.

You might find it hard to believe, because I just made it up.

You crack me up man lol

I'm obviously in the minority where Jordan Rhodes is concerned. I don't think we should be looking at paying £8M never mind £10M. Proven goalscorer at this level granted but I'm not convinced he'd score regularly here?

We haven't had a regular goalscorer here for a very long time. Is it because of the way we play or particularly the pressure of playing at Hillsborough? Either way there's no guarantees of goals whoever we bring in and let's not forget despite JR's goals Blackburn are still in the championship. 

Didn't bother Rhodes the other year when he bagged all 4 in that crazy draw with Hudds.