Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

If Jordan Rhodes was premiership bound without achieving promotion out of this league with a team it would have happened by now, he has been a goal machine in this league for 3 seasons running I think it is and it still hasn't happened

I'm also not sure what his contractual situation is but I doubt he'd cost 12m

Maybe he's not Premiership bound because he isn't for sale? I like you, am baffled as to why a lower half Premiership side has not taken him yet, but that only strengthens the fact he either isn't for sale, or Blackburn want silly money, and having paid 8 million 3 years ago 12 million is really not silly money.

They would want, at least that. As much as people are saying DC isn't a stupid businessman / owner, they want to believe that the people that run Blackburn are, and simply cannot wait to quietly accept 8 million pounds from us, without letting anyone else know. It's a pie in the sky idea, it is never going to happen.

If ANY club agreed a fee with Blackburn it would be all over the press and SSN without a shadow of doubt. Blackburn would want it that way to alert others for any bidding war.

But you crack on believing what a 'player' and 'youth coach' said then no worries lol

Not necessarily.  The majority of transfer fees are paid over the length of the contract.  We could have agreed Blackburns asking price with the whole fee being paid upfront.  In exchange we would ask for exclusivity on a deal where Blackburn agree not to negotiate with any other club for a period of time & keep the deal completely confidential.  Given that Blackburn need the money I would have thought that theyd be quite agreeable to such a deal.

Edited by mogbad

Not necessarily. The majority of transfer fees are paid over the length of the contract. We could have agreed Blackburns asking price with the whole fee being paid upfront. In exchange we would ask for exclusivity on a deal where Blackburn agree not to negotiate with any other club for a period of time. Given that Blackburn need the money I would have thought that theyd be quite agreeable to such a deal.

I agree, I just reckon with Blackburns financial position they wouldn't enter into an exclusivity deal with anyone, they want a bidding war.

I don't think for 1 second we will actually sign Rhodes, however if he is sold this summer why are figures of £10m being banded about? I would have thought it possible to get him for less than they paid maybe, seeing as they desperately need him off the wage bill.

Just a thought.

The truth is nobody knows the level of the owners ambition yet. We will know by the end of this window.

On a positive note it's virtually impossible not to increase the quality levels of our strike force even if only spend a couple of million

Ambition has nothing to do with Rhodes, it's simply the most ridiculous idea I've heard for a long long time. It just isn't going to happen.

I am hoping there will be a decent amount of money spent on a striker, as that is desperately needed, along with another wide player, the 2 things that were glaringly obvious last season are the two things we are still waiting for.

I hope the rumours of a few bob been spent are true.

Could be a late bloomer that one but Van Gaal currently has one centre forward. He must have some confidence in the player though to let RVP and Falcao go. Don't see it to be honest

Utd have Rooney, Hernandez and Depay, though Hernandez is likely to leave but I think once they sign another forward like Cavani then Wilson would be allowed to leave

Based on what?

Based on how championship sides us and Boro are the favourites to sign him. Oh wait a minute...

I don't think for 1 second we will actually sign Rhodes, however if he is sold this summer why are figures of £10m being banded about? I would have thought it possible to get him for less than they paid maybe, seeing as they desperately need him off the wage bill.

Just a thought.

They're in the driving seat, their player that's under contract that (just saying this for arguments sake) 'we want'.

I wouldn't see them taking a loss.

They're in the driving seat, their player that's under contract that (just saying this for arguments sake) 'we want'.

I wouldn't see them taking a loss.

True but we've all seen how, for example our beloved Wednesday have had our pants down when in financial shiit in the past, wouldn't it be nice to do that to someone else for a change lol

Can we have some rumours now please it's been awhile.

And by rumours I mean something concrete

Since Lopez signed there's been a few different sources saying we'd be amazed and surprised at the quality of players that will sign. But we haven't really been linked with anyone since Lopez signed! Bit annoying really

The price for Rhodes does seem crazy, but I don't think it's impossible. ALF seems like a much more achievable target. 

Do you think there's a reason why ALF gets passed around like a bad penny even though he gets goals? I can only think he doesn't pull his weight during a game for the team or he's not a real popular guy in the dressing room.