Leon Clarke

And the Leon Clarke rollercoaster begins,

will never be good enough, consistent enough or care enough to be in our squad for me, he along with Jeffers and akpo will all come to the end of their contracts this summer giving Irvine a real chance to start next season with a brand new strike force

happy days

You're joking right.....he goes months and months without looking like scoring and then as soon as he does you think he's the new hirsty.

He hasn't kept working away, or put him self about and his goal return is sh*te.

Being at a decent weight for the job is not a plus for a professional footballer......it's an absolue minimum.

He'll probably have a good game on Saturday and bag a couple......that will be his Burnley / Leicester game for this season and enough for the happy leon clappers to keep pointing back to, when he's then gone another 2 months without looking like scoring.

He's not good enough

:blink:

Clarke does look in pretty good shape compared to earlier on in his Wednesday career - he's obviously worked hard on his weight issues and credit has to go to him for that.

I am happy that at 24 years old he's now realised he needed to work hard, lose some timber, and score goals.

He has a decent goal record for Wednesday - 15 goals in 31 starts (not including his loans at Southend and Oldham whilst a Wednesday player).

Credit has to go where credit is due. I've seen players in similar positions as Clarke was in the past - overweight and the wrong attitude - and have fallen down the footballing ladder and weeing up their career without a care (hello Mr Proudlock). Clarke appears to have turned a corner, looks to have sorted out his weight and attitude to the game. Good on him I say.

However, I can't recall saying he was the new Hirsty or that I believed he was good enough for Wednesday - simply praising his change of attitude to his professional career.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Alway rated him and thought that there is Potentially a very good player. he suffers with confidence and it doesnt help that he has been the whipping boy for a while (admitted that some of it was justified) and one bad touch shot etc and he gets slated but the guy is only 24 if we can keep him full of confidence and inject a little bit of a nasty streak in him then i think he could rip defences apart.

PS NO I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE CRACK PIPE AND YES THE ENGLISH IS poo

I still think he's gay.......his goal celebrations and the tattoo confirms it me thinks.

When he ripped off his top he was saying

"How you like me now?"

Considering you were scared by your gay notions, people must have been impressed.

Edited by Pulixifer

:blink:

Clarke does look in pretty good shape compared to earlier on in his Wednesday career - he's obviously worked hard on his weight issues and credit has to go to him for that.

I am happy that at 24 years old he's now realised he needed to work hard, lose some timber, and score goals.

He has a decent goal record for Wednesday - 15 goals in 31 starts (not including his loans at Southend and Oldham whilst a Wednesday player).

Credit has to go where credit is due. I've seen players in similar positions as Clarke was in the past - overweight and the wrong attitude - and have fallen down the footballing ladder and weeing up their career without a care (hello Mr Proudlock). Clarke appears to have turned a corner, looks to have sorted out his weight and attitude to the game. Good on him I say.

However, I can't recall saying he was the new Hirsty or that I believed he was good enough for Wednesday - simply praising his change of attitude to his professional career.

Agree with that. He's looked a lot leaner this season so he's obviously been working hard at it. His goals ratio is not to be sniffed at either.

Clarke will get the same chance as everyone else under a new manager, it's up to the individual to do the business. Scoring goals for a striker must be a plus, as for the weight loss and putting himself about a bit more must be to his advantage. Lets hope it lasts.

Clarke has got plenty of ability and he knows how to score.

The whole team were poo poo before christams so how was clarke meant to stand out?

Before that he was showing great hold up play and last season he had the best games to goals ratio of anyone.

So the clarke bashing has flip all to do with facts. Just prejudice.

Edited by Beholder

Don't care what ya think ;)

He has pace, height, strength, vision, technique, a good eye for goal, not a natural goalscorer but he is a good finisher in every aspect head/tap ins/volleys/range shots, the problem is we've only ever seen small glimpses of that package together, partly through confidence issues, partly through weight issues etc. etc.