Leon Clarke

You're joking right.....he goes months and months without looking like scoring and then as soon as he does you think he's the new hirsty.

He hasn't kept working away, or put him self about and his goal return is sh*te.

Being at a decent weight for the job is not a plus for a professional footballer......it's an absolue minimum.

He'll probably have a good game on Saturday and bag a couple......that will be his Burnley / Leicester game for this season and enough for the happy leon clappers to keep pointing back to, when he's then gone another 2 months without looking like scoring.

He's not good enough

well said

Guest mikeglossopowl

Of the three, Clarke, Jeffers & Sodje, I think Leon has the best chance of getting us the goals we need to be safe. OK, he's not the best in the world, and I very much doubt he can be the best in this division, but he's one of the best we've got now, and we should support him!

Clarke can be one of the top 5 forwards in this division, with the right coaching, management and especially hard work and concentration from Leon himself, he has all the tools to do it.

:biggrin: fkin hell mate can i have some of what your having if you think that :biggrin:

I've also said all along that he's got the potential to be a 15 goals a season man, but he's a confidence player and while ever the idiots are slagging him off we wont see how good he really is.

How would anyone on here feel if they recieved the levels of abuse he does???

His career statistics for us (35+33 appearances, 15 goals) would certainly seem to back that up.

1 in about 4.7 games then.

For a target man isn't a bad record atall.

Shame he plays on the shoulder!

He needs to get it down to around 3.5 - 4ish if he wants to stay at this level imo.

1 in about 4.7 games then.

For a target man isn't a bad record atall.

Shame he plays on the shoulder!

He needs to get it down to around 3.5 - 4ish if he wants to stay at this level imo.

It's a bit unfair to include the sub appearances as full appearances really.

You mean like, Marcus "i havent put a shift in since i signed my new contract" Tudgay???

Or

Luke "I don't turn up until the last game of my loan" Varney

Or

Jermaine "I only score goals around contract renewal time" Johnson

Or

Deon "I score goals by the barrel load when its near the end of my contract" Burton

Or

Lewis "I'm like Maldini while on loan but when you sign me..." Buxton

I could go on.

Every footballers the same.

It's a bit unfair to include the sub appearances as full appearances really.

Ye but if you did that his ratio would probably go up!

He's scored a few of his goals coming of the bench remember.

Edited by NeonLeon

My impressions of Clarke last night are mixed.

He definitely looked like he wanted to put in the hard work and was chasing down lots of lost causes, turning some frankly awful passes into decent opportunities.

He still needs to get his head up more as there were numerous occassions last night where he didn't look who was around, or to the side of him, so he proceeded to run into blind allys or turn into trouble.

His quality on the ball will always be dubious, but last night he ran and ran to be fair. He put himself about, won headers and linked up well with Tudders and especially Gray and Spurr as well

On a side note, how hard is it Brian to play a left winger on the left, supporting your left full back ?

Blackpool could not cope with the movement and energy of Gray and Spurr (I will even let him off for some awful passes !!). Overlap and then cover. Well done Alan Irvine

You're joking right.....he goes months and months without looking like scoring and then as soon as he does you think he's the new hirsty.

He hasn't kept working away, or put him self about and his goal return is sh*te.

Being at a decent weight for the job is not a plus for a professional footballer......it's an absolue minimum.

He'll probably have a good game on Saturday and bag a couple......that will be his Burnley / Leicester game for this season and enough for the happy leon clappers to keep pointing back to, when he's then gone another 2 months without looking like scoring.

He's not good enough

^^^

This

I rumbleing hate Leon Clarke