Leon Clarke

Some Leon Clarke stats for those interested:

2006-2007 - 3(7) appearances 1 goal(s) 374 minutes 374 minutes per goal 1:4.2 goal:game ratio

2007-2008 - 2(8) appearances 3 goal(s) 329 minutes 110 m/g 1:1.2

2008-2009 - 21(9) appearances 8 goal(s) 1989 minutes 249 m/g 1:2.8

2009-2010 - 9(9) appearances 3 goal(s) 926 minutes 309 m/g 1:3.4

SWFC Total - 35(33) appearances 15 goal(s) 3618 minutes 241 m/g 1:2.7

Loan Spells

2006-2007 (Oldham) - 5(0) appearances 3 goal(s) 446 minutes 149 m/g 1:1.7

2007-2008 (Southend) - 16(0) appearances 8 goal(s) 1370 minutes 171 m/g 1:1.9

Leon Clarke's longest run of starts for SWFC in 3 years with the Club is 11 (25-10-2008 to 13-12-2008), in which his record was:

11(0) appearances 4 goals 910 minutes 228 m/g 1:2.5

**statistics on basis of all games being 90 minutes in length - additional time not included**

Not that there's much point to all that. Some people will only see what they want to see.

People can say what they like about him but that is a very good ratio.

Guest Deleted member

...just wait until we get the ball down and start passing though...then Franny 'Goal Machine' Jeffers will spank Leons stats into a cocked hat.....erm....when he's fit...

Yes - give me the lad who's not good enough for us - over the lad who's too good for us anyday.

Theres some f**kwits on here.

So he scored a goal last night, and has had a total change of attitude? I didn't go to the game, as I'd already wasted too much money going for the weekend for the original fixture, so can't comment on his performance. I can though, comment on what Terry Curran said about him repeatedly, and he wasn't very complimentary.

I saw Clarke's last appearance, prior to last night, and most of his appearances this season, and before yesterday, his attitude stank. One swallow doesn't make a summer, and he'll revert to type, and be getting slated again in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't pay him to clean the toilets, but whenever he wears the shirt, I'll give him my 100% support, as I do for all the players. I just don't want him at my club, that's all.

No link between the goal and my opinion of his change in attitude. Clarke has lost a lot of weight, he's grafted to do that, and actually looks like a footballer. Verses Blackpool he worked tirelessly for the team and showed the sort of attitude needed. His commitment to get in proper shape and to work hard for the team leads me to believe he may well have turned the corner and realised weeing up his career as a professional footballer isn't the way to go.

I'm optimistic Clarke has learned what is needed to be a success in football and actually wants it. For me, this deserves support from supporters of the football club he plays for. Has he still been a few stone overweight and not working for the team - has he has before - I'd want him out. But, to lose the weight he has and to graft like he did vs Blackpool are signs of change. I hope this is correct and we have a new, improved Leon Clarke.

Booooo Clarkey made me think he was useless not long back

His goals ratio is good too I'll give him that

Before I revert to liking the bloke again as our footballer - I'll give him a few more games to see if he continues the commitment he's just shown.

Come on Clarkey - proove the long term f'wits wrong.

Yeah, they're even better than us aren't they? Spending more money on non-league players than they'll ever be worth clearly makes you a good Championship side.

And on Leon, it's not like we're gonna sign flipping Rooney any time soon, he clearly picks up a few goals without playing all that much, and does better than a number of other players we have right now. Until we have the money for a 20 goal a season man we have to make do with players like him, and if he goes on a run now then fair play, everyone likes an underdog story.

So we should just accept mediocrity from an over weight, lazy footballer and hope he "goes on a run", even though he hasn't done it yet in 2 years at the club?

I'd take Criag Mikail-Smith, George Boyd, Arron Maclean or Garry Hooper over all our forwards bar tudgay any day of the week.

Guest Deleted member

So we should just accept mediocrity from an over weight, lazy footballer and hope he "goes on a run", even though he hasn't done it yet in 2 years at the club?

I'd take Criag Mikail-Smith, George Boyd, Arron Maclean or Garry Hooper over all our forwards bar tudgay any day of the week.

what is it you missed about him being our 2nd most prolific striker in the last season and a half? Or did you conveniently ignore that so you could carry on your campaign of ignorance?

Guest Deleted member

The difference being none of them play for us

what is it you missed about him being our 2nd most prolific striker in the last season and a half? Or did you conveniently ignore that so you could carry on your campaign of ignorance?

In that time he scored 11 goals. We probably should accept the current crop aren't good enough & start looking elsewhere for strikers.

Guest Deleted member

In that time he scored 11 goals. We probably should accept the current crop aren't good enough & start looking elsewhere for strikers.

Empty your pockets then...

.... and in how many games did he play?

Edited by Deleted member