Leon Clarke

...and hope he "goes on a run"...

As is made clear in the statistics above, how is a player whos longest 'run' of first team starts is 11 in 3 years at the Club (in which, as also highlighted above, he scored 4 goals) to be expected to "go on a run" of scoring goals as you put it?

And that's if you don't consider 5 in 12 (he scored in his appearance before those 11 games as a substitute) "going on a run".

You know what grinds my gears?

You dare to give your opinion on a player on here and people decide to flame you and call you allsorts.

Even if you're opinion is genuine or correct.

I'm not scared so here's mine.

He is very poor at a lot of things in the game which infuriates fans, Yes his paper goal ratio looks better than most around him..........

Yes he is the 2nd most prolific striker at our club which proves only one thing

WE HAVE A poo poo STRIKE FORCE AT OUR CLUB!

As is made clear in the statistics above, how is a player whos longest 'run' of first team starts is 11 in 3 years at the Club (in which, as also highlighted above, he scored 4 goals) to be expected to "go on a run" of scoring goals as you put it?

And that's if you don't consider 5 in 12 (he scored in his appearance before those 11 games as a substitute) "going on a run".

Not good value for money, then!

Guest Deleted member

yes, now.

How much did Peterborough & doncaster pay for them intially? Not as much as we paid for Leon, franny and are about to pay Varney. Especially when wages are taken into account.

How much did we pay for Grant, Tudgay etc etc etc and how much are they worth now? The merry-go-round is just that - you win on some you lose on some.

You're looking increasingly desperate to justify your argument

How much did we pay for Grant, Tudgay etc etc etc and how much are they worth now? The merry-go-round is just that - you win on some you lose on some.

You're looking increasingly desperate to justify your argument

You win some and lose some in the transfer market, but you don't stick with the ones you have lost on!

There are strikers out there who could do his job better and for less money. These players are being turned up by other clubs, but not ours.

Guest Deleted member

You win some and lose some in the transfer market, but you don't stick with the ones you have lost on!

There are strikers out there who could do his job better and for less money. These players are being turned up by other clubs, but not ours.

How have we lost on Clarke?

As already pointed out - only one player has scored more than Clarke in the last season and a half. How do you know what he's costing - and is it more than Jeffers? Sodje? Johnson? Varney?

Tell me who will do more for less money (especially after you've told us what he's getting).

Yes! Why isn't he knocking on the managers door armed with these stats, demanding to start? Because he clearly isn't good enough in training or the manager would pick him.

I see. So now not only are you chosing to ignore stats as put to you, but you're also now making sweeping assumptions about a player's behaviour behind the scenes?

Got it.

As already pointed out - only one player has scored more than Clarke in the last season and a half. How do you know what he's costing - and is it more than Jeffers? Sodje? Johnson? Varney?

Tell me who will do more for less money (especially after you've told us what he's getting).

Mmmmmm! I'll think about that one?

That same feeling I get coming down Herries Road under the Five Arches seeing the ground every time. Its the same now as it was when I was six. Many times Ive been asked what it feels like by non-football and non-Wednesday fans, but the best I can come up with is, 'This is me, and all this is mine'

Sadly I'm not a professional scout. But fortunatley Wednesday do have them.

Although I'm not privy to Leon's contract negotiations, or indeed those of lower league players, I think it's a fair assumption that Leon is on a higher weekly salary than the top paid player in the Blue Square Premier.

Just out of interest; When did Wolves sign Michael Kightly? I think it would be laughable if they actually used the money from Leon to buy someone like that.

With regards Sodje, Varney and Jeffers; when did I say they represented value for money to the club?

Guest Manwithastick

You know what grinds my gears?

You dare to give your opinion on a player on here and people decide to flame you and call you allsorts.

Even if you're opinion is genuine or correct.

I'm not scared so here's mine.

He is very poor at a lot of things in the game which infuriates fans, Yes his paper goal ratio looks better than most around him..........

Yes he is the 2nd most prolific striker at our club which proves only one thing

WE HAVE A poo poo STRIKE FORCE AT OUR CLUB!

^^^^^^^

THIS

can i also just say, Grandads opinion is invalid. As a blackberry user he is far too comfortable with mediocrity. :biggrin: