Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

Looking like Ross McCormack is off to @swfc too. Combined transfer fees getting on for £25m despite never having played in top flight. #SWFC

says someone on Twitter

manchester based journalist who works for Mancunian matters (15k followers on Twitter )

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

It's a complex sequence of events. Hinges on Hooper moving to Burnley, Keane moving to Leicester, Kante moving to Real Madrid, Morata moving to Arsenal, and Mourinho punching Wenger in the face. Could all break down at any stage. Very delicate. 

Well that's ridiculous. Pie in the sky stuff...apart from the last one which is nailed on going to happen :ph34r:

Serious point, for all the people saying we can't afford it or we should be spending that amount on one player I ask you one a question, do you know how much Mr Chansiri  has to spend and do you know how much his backers are putting in.Yes Mr Chansiri doesn't play Billy Big Bo**cks like some owners do but this may work in our favour as when Chelsea, Man City etc come calling it automatically inflates the price. We Know Mr Chansiri is from a very wealthy family, we assume some money is coming from TUF and if so it's a multi multi billion pound business. 

We know one thing for certain Mr Chansiri won't be mugged off but I firmly believe we have yet to see his true spending power but and I honestly think it's coming.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, clifford said:

I think the majority of those saying this signing will never happen would be delights if it did.

Too right! Said from the off, sounds like a fairy tale too good to be true. But, I've also said if there's any way we can do it, we should. We need to bridge that gap to top 2 somehow. That's unlikely to happen cheaply. 

Is the silence deafening???  Nobody has come out and categorically denied the twitter rumour last night?  It probably doesn't merit a response, but usually Nixon, Garrido, Howson or somebody will say its a load of rubbish.  Has anyone asked Howson or David Garrido on twitter?  Like Fletcher, can't help but feel this will just be announced, no build up, no "sources tell us", it will just be announced that he has signed.  I still think that there is no cover for FF and like it or not, we are a different animal altogether with him in the side.  McCormack gives us so many options, like said previously, if we had to replace FF, how much would that cost?

33 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Get him signed, so what if he costs £15m!

Gront four of FF Fletcher Hooper and McCormack and lets score 100 goals to fire us to Premiership!

I would be a bit disappointed if Fernando,Hooper and Fletcher only get 25 between the 3 of them.

13 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Is the silence deafening???  Nobody has come out and categorically denied the twitter rumour last night?  It probably doesn't merit a response, but usually Nixon, Garrido, Howson or somebody will say its a load of rubbish.  Has anyone asked Howson or David Garrido on twitter?  Like Fletcher, can't help but feel this will just be announced, no build up, no "sources tell us", it will just be announced that he has signed.  I still think that there is no cover for FF and like it or not, we are a different animal altogether with him in the side.  McCormack gives us so many options, like said previously, if we had to replace FF, how much would that cost?

I'm glued to my phone, knowing how we do business these days this could literally be an ounce any second.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'm glued to my phone, knowing how we do business these days this could literally be an ounce any second.

Sure we don't make our money through weed........................................WTF:

Guest wilyfox
Just now, meggoisgod said:

Selling Hooper would be a mistake imo, could be lethal with Fletcher and FF up top

I agree.

Was looking through FFC forums this morning to get their take on McCormack.  A lot saying they need to cash in, they seem to think they have a chance of landing Charlie Austin from Southampton.  They reckon McCormack was given assurances about building for a promotion push on more than one occasion, last time was when he signed his contract extension.  They haven't materialised and hes not a happy bunny.......I don't think there is a massive appetite at Fulham for him to stay........

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, spike1867 said:

Was looking through FFC forums this morning to get their take on McCormack.  A lot saying they need to cash in, they seem to think they have a chance of landing Charlie Austin from Southampton.  They reckon McCormack was given assurances about building for a promotion push on more than one occasion, last time was when he signed his contract extension.  They haven't materialised and hes not a happy bunny.......I don't think there is a massive appetite at Fulham for him to stay........

Fulham won't tempt Austin. He waited patiently for a return to the prem; now he's got it. With Pellé linked with a move away, also, Austin is their ready-made replacement at Southampton. 

20 minutes ago, darklord said:

when your 8 and you want that Scalextric, Hornby train set, Playstation, Lego, new bike, selection box (bit not the crappy crayon set) you dont worry about whether mum and dad are spending too much lol

That is the best way I've seen it summed up lol 

I would like McCormack at SWFC and he is proven at this level. But not sure if he is worth it if we sell Hooper.

You could estimate that Hooper would get 20 goals in a full season if fit.

McCormack only scored 1/2 more than that. 

If we buy McCormack and sell Hooper - effectively making the fee £7million for McCormack for 1/2 goals extra? Doesnt make sense plus he will be on higher wages.

I would only want to see this happen if we keep Hooper as I cant see the value in the deal if we spend 13m and sell Hooper for 6m. Just is not good value or business in my opinion.