Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

http://thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-in-11-5-million-bid-for-fulham-striker-ross-mccormack-1-7991531

Sheffield Wednesday: Owls in ‘£11.5 million bid’ for Fulham striker Ross McCormack

Fulham striker Ross McCormack is believed to be the subject of a bid from Sheffield Wednesday

Fulham striker Ross McCormack is believed to be the subject of a bid from Sheffield Wednesday

profile.png?w=520&h=520&mode=stretch

CHRIS HOLT

21:38Thursday 30 June 2016
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Sheffield Wednesday are to battle for the signature of Fulham forward Ross McCormack, according to reports.

And the Owls could fork out upwards of £11m for the former Leeds United man.

Ex-Wednesday player Craig Armstrong, who currently works as a scout for the Football Association, has stated that he believes Wednesday could be close to meeting the Cottagers’ asking price for the striker who hit 23 goals in a largely struggling side last season.

Speaking on Alan Biggs’ Talking Sheffield programme, on TV channel Sheffield Live, Armstrong said: “They have offered £11.5 million for (McCormack), whether that goes ahead I don’t know.” 

Armstrong added: “(He’s been offered) big wages as well. 

“Imagine McCormack comes in to a team like Sheffield Wednesday, who do create opportunities, who do create chances. He’s going to be in a better team. He could be the catalyst you need.”

Ross McCormack in action against old club Leeds United

Ross McCormack in action against old club Leeds United

Fulham paid £11million for McCormack two years ago, using their parachute payments having dropped out of the Premier League. And while the Scot shone over his two seasons at Craven Cottage, Fulham have never looked like making a top flight return.

It was reported that Wednesday had made a bid for the player in the January transfer window, believed to be £10m, which was knocked back by Fulham bosses. It is understood the London club are willing to sell and value McCormack at £12million.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-in-11-5-million-bid-for-fulham-striker-ross-mccormack-1-7991531#ixzz4D6FoJ8LC

Edited by SBOwl

7 minutes ago, sparehead3 said:

I wouldn't complain if they bought him, he's a proven player at this level, and at a club like Wednesday, who are on there way up( to the prem, either this season or next) I still can't help thinking we're spunking all our money on one player, when we need three or four aditions. But I suppose we can rely on free transfers  and season long loans for the rest we need. 

P.S     If i spelt Aditians wrong ring the spelling police

Not just wrong, but wrong twice, and in two different ways.

Warm night.

12 minutes ago, sparehead3 said:

I wouldn't complain if they bought him, he's a proven player at this level, and at a club like Wednesday, who are on there way up( to the prem, either this season or next) I still can't help thinking we're spunking all our money on one player, when we need three or four aditions. But I suppose we can rely on free transfers  and season long loans for the rest we need. 

additions or auditions ? We don't do auditions

Exciting times.

Its a positive to be in with a shout of obtaining one of the best players available at this level.

I had a feeling the door was open for Chansiri and Carlos to get him if they wanted him. What with the other interested clubs all looking like bringing in strikers. In my opinion McCormack is the best striker at this level. He'd be a better signing than Rhodes. He offers more, he creates goals for others and chances for himself, plus he would suit the team ethic and press that Carlos likes. He's a proven goal scorer and scores all kinds of goals.

This really would be a statement of intent, and I hope Chansiri and Carlos pull it off and attract him here.

49 minutes ago, sparehead3 said:

image.jpeg

If we want to push on towards the top 2 this is exactly what we need to be doing . Newcastle, villa , Norwich , Derby etc will spend big we have to compete. It's ok going I love Wallace I love lee , loovens etc and whilst they are certainly worth retaining, these players should be some of the worst players in the squad if we are aiming to move up a level .

14 minutes ago, sparehead3 said:

So I can't spell, like I said ring the spelling police. I'm sure none of them spellings started au though, so where's Auditians come from.

poo poo I spelt auditians wrong, ring the PO  lease

Have another go lol

Guest Hirstpower

people really don't know how ambitious DC is.

i keep hearing there is no way we will blow the whole budget on one player.

We have more money than people believe and all I'll say is exciting times with the 2 most prolific goal scorers in the league.

a top winger and I think we will compete with the Geordies.