Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

14 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

there are pics of Ross in Rota Island where FFC are training yesterday when he supposed to be in Hillsbro in his porker

all this prob load of tosh

Yeah, there are 20 odd photos on their website and hes in 2 of em alright.  Interesting seeing Stuart Gray in there......wonder if he can shore up there leaky defence.  

The rumour was that a fee was agreed last night, that would mean the photos of day two (today) would be more interesting, because without agreement on a fee, we wouldn't be allowed to talk to him anyway.  Fulhams squad looks really young, they could really struggle this year if they don't move on significantly from last year.

Didn't know thats where they are staying at Fota, might take a bimble down there, its not exactly difficult to see the area they are training in.

Edited by spike1867

2 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

I would like McCormack at SWFC and he is proven at this level. But not sure if he is worth it if we sell Hooper.

You could estimate that Hooper would get 20 goals in a full season if fit.

McCormack only scored 1/2 more than that. 

If we buy McCormack and sell Hooper - effectively making the fee £7million for McCormack for 1/2 goals extra? Doesnt make sense plus he will be on higher wages.

I would only want to see this happen if we keep Hooper as I cant see the value in the deal if we spend 13m and sell Hooper for 6m. Just is not good value or business in my opinion. 

Comparing their goals per match and assists per match, had Hooper played a full season for us and so the same number of matches as RM, they would look like this:-

RM 21 goals and 9 assists

GH 23 goals and 9 assists

I think McCormack is a top player, but anyone suggesting we swap him for Hooper AND CASH is crackers.

1 hour ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Why do you think that the amount Transfer fee is linked to wages?

That's exactly how it works.

3 million fee = 30 grand a week

Free transfer = amateur contract

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Anything over £6m for a striker who is almost 30 with no premier league experience is dumb.

Worth more than 6. 

Edited by wilyfox

Personally I think 8 million is top money we should be paying for what is a very good championship player. There must question marks about something in his game that has stopped him making the step up to the premier league, and international level he has only been used 13 times by Scotland In 8 years. 

On Monday, July 04, 2016 at 21:23, spike1867 said:

Maybe he's saying that in the modern game, players are judged more than previously about what they do without the ball, than with it.  Hooper does not strike me as a player who's natural game is to close down in the attacking third.  Apart from anything else, he doesn't look likes hes got the lungs for it.  He's not that type of player, he's looking at where do I need to be if the ball is won back by us, which is brilliant, but it may not be what CC wants.  After all, as said many times before, CC believes in a type of play that calls for winning the ball as high up the pitch as possible, which is probably why he played FF up with Hooper so much.  

Hooper was CCs maim target last season. I don't for one minute think he didn't know what type of player he is before we signed him

15 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Hooper was CCs maim target last season. I don't for one minute think he didn't know what type of player he is before we signed him

His main target was an out and out goalscorer which is what he got.....don't get me wrong, I think Hooper is a very good striker, im just asking whether or not he fits in to that high tempo pressing that CC subscribes to.......in my opinion there are strikers who do that naturally, others don't. Having said that, a good pre season might sort that.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

£3/4m plus Hooper would be a good deal. Anything more than that wouldn't be worth it.

Hutch, Lee, Bannan midfield

FF, Fletcher, McCormack attack.

Top 2.

Keep outta the sun