Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

19 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

All teams have wage structures; we can't say exactly what ours is, but we can hazard a guess. Players such as Forestieri, Hooper and co are said to be earning between £30 000 - £40 000 a week. In other words, they're earning approximately 1% of their value each week. Of course, there are other factors involved, but it gives us a flavour of what our wage scale is. In any event, wages are always proportional to value. As Villa and Newcastle are PL clubs recently relegated, their wage scale will likely be more generous than ours, and they will have many players of high value on their books. McCormack's wages would not be out of place at those clubs, but would tower above anybody else's at Hillsborough. In fact, he'd probably be earning as much as Hooper, Forestieri and Bannan put together.

FF is one of our highest paid players, as most of us would probably expect.  However, he isn't earning anywhere near £30k per week, even with appearance based payments.  Half that and your somewhere near his basic pay.  

I don't know what McCormack is on at Fulham, but I know there were only a very small number of players in the Championship last season earning anywhere near £40k per week.  This was a result of some players being on Premier League contracts with no relegation clauses.  Eg, Tom Huddleston.  

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Forwards always earn more than other players in the team, you're right, but that's the same at any club. However, can you see Wednesday paying McCormack £100 000+ a week? Hand on heart, I can't, and that's what your McCormacks earn. At Veelah or Newcastle McCormack  would be just another player, but here it would be like a whale getting into the bath. It would be like Forestieri signing for United. Well, not quite as extreme as that, but you get my drift I hope. Lol.

McCormack on £100,000 a week? Stop it. The likes on Vardy, Carroll, Valencia, Sakho etc don't earn that much let alone a 29 year old playing for Fulham who's never played in the top flight.

36 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Your low opinion of him is just that. An opinion.

Luckily the only opinion that matters isn't yours.

He will score 18-25 goals next season.

He will.

He has a better scoring rate than McCormack, and alongside Fletcher he will have a fabulous season. I can easily see 25 goals for Hooper, 15 from Fernando left, And 15 from Fletcher. 

28 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Forwards always earn more than other players in the team, you're right, but that's the same at any club. However, can you see Wednesday paying McCormack £100 000+ a week? Hand on heart, I can't, and that's what your McCormacks earn. At Veelah or Newcastle McCormack  would be just another player, but here it would be like a whale getting into the bath. It would be like Forestieri signing for United. Well, not quite as extreme as that, but you get my drift I hope. Lol.

Saaaaayyyy What?

29 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Drugs are bad and rot your brain. Try taking up a nice hobby like hiking, knitting or trampolining. 

:ghoulguy:

2 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Saaaaayyyy What?

lol I know McCormack earning 100,000 a week haha. 

If he's on that then I should be on more too. Gonna see if I can double my wages tomorrow. 

With Hooper, Fletcher, Joao and Forestieri who can fill in if needed, it seems daft paying anything like this for another striker. Rather spend 7.5 mill on a centre back and left back a piece, keep Lees sweet as well playing alongside that calibre of defenders I'd of thought.

Mmm. It's estimated that a £10 million player is on £50 000 a week. So what's a £15 million player going to be on? And bear in mind that there will be gazumping from other interested clubs. Aren't Fulham one of the highest payers in this league? I'm sure Evo said that they'd a wage bill of some £60 million, as they'd been in the top flight. £100 000+ is too high, mea culpa, but it's closer to what he'll earn that what many on here think. For example, Boro believe Rhodes is a wage commitment of £9,389,900 over four years McCormack is a much more costly player than him. As for idiocy, the only idiots on this site are the people who swallow like mother's milk the idea that we'll be signing the likes of McCormack or Rhodes, as was. It won't happen, and you really have to be on drugs to believe that. The only clubs which will sign those players are ex-PL ones, or ones like 'Boro who took an enormous gamble. And you ain't gonna gamble with Norwich, Villa and Newcastle in the league. Forget any player over £4 million. Lol.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Mmm. It's estimated that a £10 million player is on £50 000 a week. So what's a £15 million player going to be on? And bear in mind that there will be gazumping from other interested clubs. Aren't Fulham one of the highest payers in this league? I'm sure Evo said that they'd a wage bill of some £60 million, as they'd been in the top flight. £100 000+ is too high, mea culpa, but it's closer to what he'll earn that what many on here think. For example, Boro believe Rhodes is a wage commitment of £9,389,900 over four years McCormack is a much more costly player than him. As for idiocy, the only idiots on this site are the people who swallow like mother's milk the idea that we'll be signing the likes of McCormack or Rhodes, as was. It won't happen, and you really have to be on drugs to believe that. The only clubs which will sign those players are ex-PL ones, or ones like 'Boro who took an enormous gamble. And you ain't gonna gamble with Norwich, Villa and Newcastle in the league. Forget any player over £4 million. Lol.

You could be right Les but it really depends on how much Chansiri wants to gamble, he may think 12 million is worth the punt for 100 million, I really do believe we are interested in him & if that's true then Chansiri either hopes the price will be slashed or he's willing to gamble, only other possibility is that we were never interested.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

According to this Ross McCormack is on £29,615. 

http://www.celebritiesmoney.com/fulham-f-c-rosters-salary-list-2015-oldest-playing-london-club-in-premier-league/