Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

If I was DC

I would rather us not have a 22-24m commitment on McCormack.

Surely Matt Ritchie from the Premier League, would be less over the course of a contract. Man City's Spanish International Nolito would probably be close to that. Bristol City's Jonathan Kodija would probably be half of that.

16 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Forwards always earn more than other players in the team, you're right, but that's the same at any club. However, can you see Wednesday paying McCormack £100 000+ a week? Hand on heart, I can't, and that's what your McCormacks earn. At Veelah or Newcastle McCormack  would be just another player, but here it would be like a whale getting into the bath. It would be like Forestieri signing for United. Well, not quite as extreme as that, but you get my drift I hope. Lol.

100k a week?! Really? lol

Have a day off mate...

And a little side note? Who is veelah? Is he the latest European winger were being linked to? 

1 minute ago, Malkmus said:

You're probably right but if so I think it's something we may regret as the season pans out.

Somebody said in conversation the other day that Boro signed Rhodes to make sure he fired nobody else to promotion.  A little cynical, but I see the point.  

At worst I think McCormack is competition for FF, at best he would assume the mantle of 1st choice secondary striker, partnering either Fletcher/Hooper/Joao.  Its a lot of money, I agree, but I think its economies of scale.

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

At the prices quoted ... 

I think we'd only go for McCormack, if & when we sell Forestieri 

Same goes with Hanley & Lees imo 

Maybe we are doing a Southampton and choosing our replacements in the eventuality that our current players move on........not sure we're supposed to broadcast it though.  

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

McCormack -  didn't he start life in midfield ? - is as near as posiible to getting a club promoted.

So DC's £40 million investment turns into about £200 million if we go up.

This may be influencing his thinking.

Plus,  have  we actually lost out on a player that was realistic. My understanding is that , where possible, what DC's wants, he gets - except daft pen pushers who flounce off to Leeds. 

46 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

McCormack -  didn't he start life in midfield ? - is as near as posiible to getting a club promoted.

So DC's £40 million investment turns into about £200 million if we go up.

This may be influencing his thinking.

Plus,  have  we actually lost out on a player that was realistic. My understanding is that , where possible, what DC's wants, he gets - except daft pen pushers who flounce off to Leeds. 

He has played for 3 championship sides over 8 seasons, and not got them promoted once. That is hardly as near as possible to getting a club promoted.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Of course it isn't freakin' true :rolleyes:

HOW CAN PEOPLE EVEN SLIGHTLY GET SUCKED IN BY THIS ABSOLUTE LOAD OF BÓLLOCKS:ghoulguy:lol

what you dont believe things you see on a random transfer twitter account :ph34r:

Guest wilyfox

It's a complex sequence of events. Hinges on Hooper moving to Burnley, Keane moving to Leicester, Kante moving to Real Madrid, Morata moving to Arsenal, and Mourinho punching Wenger in the face. Could all break down at any stage. Very delicate. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

It's a complex sequence of events. Hinges on Hooper moving to Burnley, Keane moving to Leicester, Kante moving to Real Madrid, Morata moving to Arsenal, and Mourinho punching Wenger in the face. Could all break down at any stage. Very delicate. 

Having said all that can you foresee any potential hitch? lol