Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

10 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Are we definitely selling Hooper to finance McCormack,. A genuine question!!!!       UTO 

Two for every position......Fletcher/Hooper, Forestieri/??????  No, I think McCormack will be a second striker with either Fletcher or Hooper, but with the bonus that he can drop into Forestieri's role.

This is why I thought Alex Pritchard might have been a better bet, even at £8m.........

3 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Two for every position......Fletcher/Hooper, Forestieri/??????  No, I think McCormack will be a second striker with either Fletcher or Hooper, but with the bonus that he can drop into Forestieri's role.

This is why I thought Alex Pritchard might have been a better bet, even at £8m.........

So all the earlier posts about selling Hooper, were all based on a thought.  Nice one.       UTO 

24 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

David Garrido not on his usual perch next to the lovely Natalie.....I wonder if he has more important news up north to chase up.......................................

Sky Sources: Reports of forward Caolan Lavery leaving #SWFC today appear to be wide of the mark at the moment. Negotiations ongoing.

It would appear David is on SWFC duties today......................maybe worth keeping an eye on???

I had a dream last night that the blonde lass I fancy was having her way with Ross McCormack, using what appeared to be her own pénis to put into Rossy's bottom. Other than being a disturbing insight into my subconscious, do we think that this is some weird premonition that we're about to sign him? 

(I legitimately wish I'd made a word of the above up...)

Edited by StudentOwl

11 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Sky Sources: Reports of forward Caolan Lavery leaving #SWFC today appear to be wide of the mark at the moment. Negotiations ongoing.

It would appear David is on SWFC duties today......................maybe worth keeping an eye on???

Dom in the Star thinks otherwise https://mxm.mxmfb.com/rsps/m/MzxRlH6FP4HxNDi895WrrIYSItnl5CzYNzQ-oWzORG0

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I had a dream last night that the blonde lass I fancy was having her way with Ross McCormack, using what appeared to be her own pénis to put into Rossy's bottom. Other than being a disturbing insight into my subconscious, do we think that this is some weird premonition that we're about to sign him? 

I for one, am getting the feck outa here

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

He was putting pen to paper but someone showed him your post and he has signed for Yeovil.

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Bit gay mate lol

15 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

d9281caf-94cc-49bd-a9d7-74bd3f69737f_tex

14 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

So all the earlier posts about selling Hooper, were all based on a thought.  Nice one.       UTO 

See below......

On 7/4/2016 at 15:30, spike1867 said:

Can I just clarify, I don't think we'll get rid of Hooper.  I merely said that maybe there was something we weren't aware of and it could actually be Hooper leaving hence the reason we were linked with so many 1st choice strikers.  It could actually be we are building the Championship version of Los Galacticos, or just CC being thorough. 

What I will say however, is that Hooper stats are clearly very good, but McCormacks are equally as impressive considering he was playing for a struggling team and with a strike partner who scored his fair share.  Coupled with the fact that I'd forgive him the extra 15 minutes it takes to score his goals, his higher number of assists and his set piece ability maybe he's competition for FF not Hooper or Fletcher......now, how much would you pay to replace or have at our disposal another player as influential as Forestieri?  Because he's the one player we cannot do without....2 players for every position...........

This is a forum of opinions, is it not.......a lot of people expressed an opinion that it would be difficult to fit them all in to the same side.  I expressed an opinion that maybe there was something we hadn't thought of based on other peoples observations of Hooper......its called discussion.  Here's another opinion, if I was forced to choose between McCormack and Hooper in our squad, I would pick McCormack quite simply because I think he is a better all round player that brings more to the party.  Thankfully, nobody gives a monkey about my opinion, because I am not running Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

I am now going to skirmish my teddies...........................

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

And were you Ross McCormack in this dream?

On 7/5/2016 at 11:23, Athelwulf said:

No, it was at the time he signed, Student. My 100K+ was OTT, I confess it, but if McCormack moves for the asking price of £15 million then he will be on considerably more than Rhodes at the time Rhodes signed for 'Boro, although it won't be double, as you say. I stand by my belief that the Rhodes, McCormacks and Grays of this world are beyond us right now. Let's face it, Rhodes was signed by Rovers, McCormack by Fulham and Gray by Burrrrrnley just after they'd come down and all were armed with parachute money. OK, 'Boro gambled, but it was an educated gamble. I bet they wouldn't do it this season, with the league as it is. All fans try to work out what the wage structure at a particular club is, that is, the relationship between transfer fees and wages. All we've got to go on, regarding our forwards, is that fact that £3 - £4 million players seem to be earning around £30 - £40 K per week. An oversimplification? Probably, but it's all we have. I don't like to see fans' hopes being built up, just to see them knocked down. We've had enough of that for two decades.

Why do you think that the amount Transfer fee is linked to wages?