“I’m not sure if 50 points will be enough”

My overwhelming thought walking to the car today after that result was goal difference. I think we can get the points, but we will end up level and our goal difference will send us down. I’m ever hopeful we can do this. We have not had a single break all season, hopefully we are going to get all of them in the next 3 games. I still believe.

• Like 2

Should have cleared the (R) line by now. Had enough time and opportunity. Lacking in quality and that assassin’s attitude. Still hopeful but watching Wrexham skyrocket up leagues, Luton Town style, it’s easy to see who will get to the Prem before we do. 

• Like 5

Since gameweek two, we have not been out of the bottom three. 

Every single time we get within touching distance of climbing out we manage to come up short. 

There's only so many times you can do that. 

Yes, we are not down after today, but that was an absolute hammerblow. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

After today's result and the others near us, I don't think we'll get another point. If we had won today, I'd be sure we'd survive, but I think the players heads will drop now 

I disagree, but as we play next Sunday, we will know more then.

4th bottom have been at most 2/3 points above games played. Today it's 45 points from 43 games. Suggests it will be 48/49 to stay up. 50 should do it. Two wins with a nervy final day.

I actually think QPR could go. Can't buy a win and could easily lose their last three.

• Like 1

I thought 49 for us might do it.

But after these set of results again it seems it might be 51 for us and it’s very unlikely we will even hit 50.

That draw killed us.

I think we will finish 23rd now.

10 hours ago, Joe Sunburn said:

Should have cleared the (R) line by now. Had enough time and opportunity. Lacking in quality and that assassin’s attitude. Still hopeful but watching Wrexham skyrocket up leagues, Luton Town style, it’s easy to see who will get to the Prem before we do. 

There is nothing “Luton style” about Wrexhams resurgence

Not going to bother making bold predictions on points totals needed to stay up.

This division is bonkers. Blackburn get pumped mid week and then inflicts Leeds' first home defeat of the season.

None of it makes sense.

What I will say though is we are hanging in by a thread now. Yes, we are not down, but that Stoke goal was absolutely huge and has very much pushed us to the brink.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

It's the goal difference that will kill us.

So DR is saying we likely need 2 wins and a draw.

We've run out of games.

50 games and we'd have made it/got over the line. Just. 

Thanks for nothing...

...both of you.

sheffield-uk-29th-july-2023-sheffield-wednesday-manager-xisco-munoz-and-dejphon-chansiri-share-a-laugh-bef...-town-fc-at-hillsborough-stadium-sheffield-united-kingdom-on-29-july-2023-credit-every-second-mediaalamy-live-news-2REWK1B.jpg

50 games and we might have done it......if everyone else had only played 46.

We've had several chances to get out of the bottom 3 and blown it everytime. 

These last few weeks have killed us,. 1 win in 7 and 3 points from our ladt 4 home games.

It's an old, boring football cliche but never has it rang so true. We can only take it game by game now. 

We'll know before walking on the pitch against Blackburn whether a draw is a satisfactory result or no use to man nor beast.

Then take it from there. 🥺

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I know something, why on earth are we interviewing players, managers in front of a cream coloured wall and not the usual background.

Is it for radio? Which I’d understand 

It just looks bloody awful and adds to that unprofessional look we have.

No it isn’t important in the current situation but nevertheless.

• Haha 1

Pretty sure 50 will be enough. Some weird results for sure but it will even itself out over the next 3 games. My worry is our ability to get to 50.

2 wins out of 3 is a big ask for a team like us who don't score many.

Add to that out goals total on the road this season and the obvious fact that 2 out of the last 3 are away. 

We simply have to beat WBA then one other gutsy performance on the road with a big slice of luck to secure 3 points. 

14 hours ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

It will. 

49 probably will. 

48 might even do it. 

Let's not throw the towel in just yet, eh?!

It's not over till the fat lady explodes/ sings. lol

2f3d17ed-4dcb-46b4-908f-446f1a378285_tex

12 hours ago, Django said:

45 was enough to stay up last year 

Just our luck

Same as us getting the most points a 3rd placed team has acheived in English football history and not getting automatic promotion. flipping typical. Absolutely classic.

Edited by TheEnchanter