Röhl to tackle set piece defending

1 hour ago, Pulcinella said:

To be fair, it's something we should've been working on for a long time.

He should give Moore a ring... the season before last we conceded a lot of goals from set pieces...last season we hardly conceded any

• Like 2

At this level of football I definitely feel a need for a commanding, ball winning centre half in the mould of an Aden Flint, Miguel Liera, or Rob Jones type of player. I think that’s what we have been sadly lacking this season. 

I also think that it can make a big difference if you have your centre half’s chipping in with a few goals throughout the season. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

He should give Moore a ring... the season before last we conceded a lot of goals from set pieces...last season we hardly conceded any

Yep.

We finally cracked it...then reverted to type after one season.

🤦‍♂️

Screenshot2024-04-04at11_34_13.thumb.png.9cbff73987a8b791160a1c0b45938962.png

37 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Hea , let’s ask Moore’s advice FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think the horse may have bolted on this one. 

Also, it's a general rule that once Sheffield Wednesday develop a thing that it will be a thing for at least a season, possibly two or three. You know, like conceding late goals, an inability to comeback and win from a goal down etc. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

Think the horse may have bolted on this one. 

Also, it's a general rule that once Sheffield Wednesday develop a thing that it will be a thing for at least a season, possible two or three. You know, like conceding late goals, an inability to comeback and win from a goal down etc. 

Yep.

Moore cracked it for one season.

We let him leave.

We've reverted to type.

🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

We're hardly a threat in the opposition area either from set pieces, which altogether suggests that our players seem to have less desire to be first to the ball in either area than our opposition.

We don't vary our corners which are invariably just headed away at the front post or in in the middle.

31 goals scored is the thing that will relegate us, no matter how tight you become at the back, see how many games Ipswich win 3-2  rather than 1-0.

Needless to say, I fully anticipate we will concede a decent chunk of goals between now and the end of the season as a result of freekicks and corners. 

He can set the team up perfectly but there’s not much he can do when players are just switching off at crucial times. 

I don’t see too many leaders in our team apart from Ihekwa and Vaulks.

• Like 2