Owls v Swansea City Matchday Thread

Thanks Holmowl, good one again. Nerves are jangling now. Getting to the stage where recovery from a bad set of results would need intervention from the Big Mister upstairs.

C’mon Wednesday.
2-1 Owls

3 heart attacks and 2 in South choke on Worthers.

• Thanks 1

I do really enjoy your Matchday threads, well done

As for todays game, Ipswich seems so long ago now and a distant memory, so hopefully the lads have gotten over it and bounce back today

Looking forward to 2 o'clock when the team sheet comes out, so we actually know whose made the starting eleven and we know the state of affairs with injuries.

Come on Wednesday, we need this today please 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Huge this one.

Bit do or die today lads.

8 cup finals and this one we've got to be winning. Some of our rivals have quite tough games on paper too.

Hopefully, the Ipswich debacle was parked there and then and the players are bang up for this one. Got to think they are.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I’m going to tell my wife and kids that someone complemented my memory.

That’s a first.

At least you remember you've got a wife and kids. That's the first step. Do you remember their names? That's the second step.

And if you remember their ages (kids only) then that's the winner.

Wife's age is always 10 years younger than her actual so it doesn't matter.

Enjoy the game.

• Haha 3

great post @Holmowl as always.

hopefully whoever fills bannan/poveda's boots today (f they don't play) will use you as their inspiration in the way you have stepped up for lord snooty.

i'm usually a heart says this, but my head says this in the tricky fixtures.  

not today.  owls for 3 points today.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Belgradeowl said:

Another beauty of a thread!  Who’s your photographic editor?  What photos - especially the reminder of that brilliant series, The Singing Detective and the wonderful Michael Gambon
A win today for the boys; I’ve got my ifollow ticket- no scarf, hat and gloves needed in Belgrade, it’s going to be 22 degrees at KO.  UTO 💙💙

There's a bloke in the picture? 

C'mon you Owls start of a new run of victories today. 2-0. Two late goals after a twitchy contest. UTO

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

40 years. 

Christ on a bike!

Yea no roof on the kop back then, one of many games where i was cold and wet but never seemed to bother me. Couldn't do it now too bloody old might finish me off. 

Any win will do don't care how we do it just get 3 points it will be a massive psychological boost particularly if we climb out the bottom 3.

• Like 1

Must win game today but I’ve been saying this for months. If we do then I think we’ll be out of the bottom 3 tonight which will be massive psychologically.

‘Beware the Ends of March’!!

The Swans away record is on par with our home record. We’re down 2 creative players. Those ‘new seats’ might not be sufficient. Our scoring record is woeful. Be lucky to get a draw.

So, with that, 2-0 to Wednesday!!

• Like 1

Thanks OP just checked my match day programmes, I have that Swansea one so must have been there no memory of the game but I was still only 10. 

Very sad I still have all the programmes from every game I’ve been to. 

onto today I will say a 2-1 win but reserve the right to alter the score line until I see what team we put out lol 

• Like 2

Wasn't it John toshack who scored the o.g. with a header having reverted to centre back late in his career? My memory is shocking, so could be completely wrong 😅

• Like 2