With the Ipswich game being the last one for almost two weeks, it gives us a good window to give some lads a well deserved rest and to try and get some of the injured lads back. I think we are currently without:

Windass

Paterson

Pedersen

Delgado

Missing anyone? Any idea on the length of these injuries?

Be great to have Windass and Paterson as options again from Easter onwards. Delgado and Pedersen are a bit unknown - Delgado looks solid if unspectacular under Xisco (hopefully, he'll look better under Danny) and Pedersen had a bit of a poor debut, but was some player a couple of seasons ago.

Windass and Paterson are battle-hardened fighters who won't allow us to stay in the drop zone. I have total trust they will put the team on their back and get us up to safety. Hoping there's enough time, tho, as they'll need a tune-up game, maybe with the Unders, to get up to match speed. UTO 

• Like 3

Just now, steelerian said:

Are we really missing any of those 4? Really?

Yes, Paterson and Windass definitely

Even if Windass was only a last 20 sub for Poveda

And Paterson is one of the best in the air in the Championship

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

With the Ipswich game being the last one for almost two weeks, it gives us a good window to give some lads a well deserved rest and to try and get some of the injured lads back. I think we are currently without:

Windass

Paterson

Pedersen

Delgado

Missing anyone? Any idea on the length of these injuries?

Be great to have Windass and Paterson as options again from Easter onwards. Delgado and Pedersen are a bit unknown - Delgado looks solid if unspectacular under Xisco (hopefully, he'll look better under Danny) and Pedersen had a bit of a poor debut, but was some player a couple of seasons ago.

I thnk DR said JW is training...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes, Paterson and Windass definitely

Even if Windass was only a last 20 sub for Poveda

And Paterson is one of the best in the air in the Championship

Best in the air at what? Fishing? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Sounded from the last press conference like Windass, Paterson and Pedersen were all in contention to return after the international break.

Windass is a miss because he’s more consistent IMO than Gassama or Musaba. I’d start him ahead of those once he’s fully sharp.

Paterson is good cover on the bench and a good RWB option as we saw in some big games last season.

Pedersen I can’t see getting much game time even if fit. I’d rather see James, Famewo and Palmer ahead of him.

Delgado we don’t know about, but after 6 months out you can’t see him offering much in the remaining games even if fit again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Windass

Paterson

Pedersen

Delgado

Missing anyone? 

Didn't see any of them from today's training pictures at Middlewood Road .....

Unless that is, .. photos have been subsequently edited! 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe Sunburn said:

Windass and Paterson are battle-hardened fighters who won't allow us to stay in the drop zone. I have total trust they will put the team on their back and get us up to safety. Hoping there's enough time, tho, as they'll need a tune-up game, maybe with the Unders, to get up to match speed. UTO 

Paterson not been seen for 3 months after getting concussion over Xmas and Windass makes Hut h look like an ever present.

i personally look forward to the summer where we can get these two off the overheads as the team has performed a lot better without them.

• Like 3

Pederson wasn't match fit when he came from us but is a great player. Delgado will play a different position to the one Xisco played him in. Never suited to LW.

Windass and Paterson would be good to have on the bench

• Like 1

Injury list on the whole has definitely been shorter than previous seasons. I’m no physio/sports scientist but given the intense style of play Röhl has implemented it’s surprising there aren’t more. Or could just be some luck going our way for a change.

1 hour ago, steelerian said:

Are we really missing any of those 4? Really?

Considering that Windass creates more chances per game than anyone other than Bannan, I'd say he could come in handy, yeah.

Especially now that we have Ugbo and Poveda providing more options in attack, as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Paterson not been seen for 3 months after getting concussion over Xmas and Windass makes Hut h look like an ever present.

i personally look forward to the summer where we can get these two off the overheads as the team has performed a lot better without them.

Thought  Paterson also had surgery for something else though. He’s been out far longer than the normal concussion absence.

1 hour ago, island owl said:

Pederson wasn't match fit when he came from us but is a great player. Delgado will play a different position to the one Xisco played him in. Never suited to LW.

Windass and Paterson would be good to have on the bench

pederson aint a great player , he is swanseas 3rd choice left back , he has had bad injury layoffs and he aint the same player now . the worst ever debut must go to him at huddersfield . 

Where do we play windass in this new formation 

out wide? 

who drops out poveda, gassama, musaba?

I think poveda has to stay in and the other two gives us raw pace that has been very effective for us 

• Thanks 1

i read earlier that we are the worst club in the entire efl for scoring from set pieces either corners or freekicks , it dont surprise me , we have bannan every game with appalling crosses  and we dont seem to be able to attack the ball either . chey dunkley scores for fun from corners free kicks , he has scored more than us this season and last than our entire squad . 

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Where do we play windass in this new formation 

out wide? 

who drops out poveda, gassama, musaba?

I think poveda has to stay in and the other two gives us raw pace that has been very effective for us 

After such a long lay-off Windass will come off the bench anyway. That’s a great situation for us as he’s a very good player when he’s on it and he’ll be desperate to fight his way past the younger wide players into a starting place. So he should be electric off the bench.

Ive seen in the thread that he’s consistent. I’m sorry I see the total opposite in Windass. He’s hot or anonymous, often in the same game.  Given the ability of Poveda, Musaba and Gassama he’ll have to play his best to keep his place. That’s great for us.

• Like 1

We really haven't had many injuries this season. Hardly anybody got injured under Xisco.

But its been a decent season. Especially in comparison to the last three or four. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

We really haven't had many injuries this season. Hardly anybody got injured under Xisco. 

Hard to get injured when you're stood around on the spot wondering what your job is supposed to be 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1