3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

With the Ipswich game being the last one for almost two weeks, it gives us a good window to give some lads a well deserved rest and to try and get some of the injured lads back. I think we are currently without:

Windass

Paterson

Pedersen

Delgado

Missing anyone? Any idea on the length of these injuries?

Be great to have Windass and Paterson as options again from Easter onwards. Delgado and Pedersen are a bit unknown - Delgado looks solid if unspectacular under Xisco (hopefully, he'll look better under Danny) and Pedersen had a bit of a poor debut, but was some player a couple of seasons ago.

I don’t think we’re missing any of them however under Röhl Delgado may be a useful player in some situations. 

I think windass and pato are bench options but I wouldn’t rely on them to be consistent and have the quality needed . I’d have them on the bench over wilks and another thought . 

pato is one of those who fills gaps but has minimal quality , works hard but not a game changer . Where does he fit in under Röhl ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island owl said:

Delgado will play a different position to the one Xisco played him in. Never suited to LW.

I'm not sure - playing him as an inverted winger like Gassama might actually work.

Not all of Xisco's ideas were terrible - just his execution 😁

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Yes, Paterson and Windass definitely

Even if Windass was only a last 20 sub for Poveda

And Paterson is one of the best in the air in the Championship

Paterson also an excellent shithousery expert…he may be essential when protecting a lead🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Paterson also an excellent shithousery expert…he may be essential when protecting a lead🤞

Mmm the one thing that annoys me is when he gives needless fouls away and that is antishithousery

I remember we got a corner this season and yes we are pants on them, but after the defender had knocked it out he clattered them and gave a foul away 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ian said:

No they arent..were not missing them,they ain't played for ages  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I don’t think we’re missing any of them however under Röhl Delgado may be a useful player in some situations. 

I think windass and pato are bench options but I wouldn’t rely on them to be consistent and have the quality needed . I’d have them on the bench over wilks and another thought . 

pato is one of those who fills gaps but has minimal quality , works hard but not a game changer . Where does he fit in under Röhl ? 

Spot on,weve moved on they are surplus now..

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, paulrs said:

Sounded from the last press conference like Windass, Paterson and Pedersen were all in contention to return after the international break.

Windass is a miss because he’s more consistent IMO than Gassama or Musaba. I’d start him ahead of those once he’s fully sharp.

Paterson is good cover on the bench and a good RWB option as we saw in some big games last season.

Pedersen I can’t see getting much game time even if fit. I’d rather see James, Famewo and Palmer ahead of him.

Delgado we don’t know about, but after 6 months out you can’t see him offering much in the remaining games even if fit again

Pederson is a much better player than those three. 

That said he’s had an injury ravaged season and is nowhere near match fit even if he’s back training I can’t see him playing much either.

I do think going into next year he could be a asset tho. 

1 hour ago, Brando17 said:

No they arent..were not missing them,they ain't played for ages  

You do understand that in order to miss players they have to have not played don’t you 

12 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Considering that Windass creates more chances per game than anyone other than Bannan, I'd say he could come in handy, yeah.

Especially now that we have Ugbo and Poveda providing more options in attack, as well.

Replacng who?  That only leaves Gasman/Musaba to replace, in the current system.

Unless we go 5-2-1-2 with Windass at a 10, I just dont see how it works.

3 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Replacng who?  That only leaves Gasman/Musaba to replace, in the current system.

We’ve been sharing the two wide positions very successfully between Poveda, Gassama and Musaba. My best guess is that Windass will make it two from four.

As I’ve posted earlier in the thread, Windass fighting for a starting slot in our current line-up can only be beneficial. But he’s going to find it much harder to win a shirt, and even harder to keep it, which is a great thing for the team.

15 minutes ago, steelerian said:

That's up to Röhl, I suppose. He seems to rate Windass, so I'm sure he'll make use of him again once he's fit.

He was playing well as a number ten before he got injured. Perhaps we might use a similar setup again at times? Or he could be used on the opposite flank to Poveda at times. Imagine having those two cutting in, roaming into space and dragging the opposition defence all over the place. Could be great.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, steelerian said:

Are we really missing any of those 4? Really?

Agreed, not right now we aren't, but games are coming thick and fast in April and we'll need extra bodies to get through it.

As Ian says below, even having these options to give other key players a bit of a break/time to recover.

17 hours ago, Ian said:

Exactly. Tired defenders won't be rubbing their hands together seeing Poveda go off and Windass to come on for the last 20-25mins. We all know Windass has that bit of magic to win a game, a fresh Windass off the bench could earn us some vital points in the run in.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Even if this is all they are for the run-in, what a difference it could make. Windass coming on fresh after Poveda/Musaba/Gassama have run the defence all over for 70mins. Paterson being able to come on and do a job anywhere and work his nuts off. Having a stronger bench than we have now could be the difference between dropping and staying up.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, slinger208b said:

I thnk DR said JW is training...

17 hours ago, paulrs said:

Sounded from the last press conference like Windass, Paterson and Pedersen were all in contention to return after the international break.

Windass is a miss because he’s more consistent IMO than Gassama or Musaba. I’d start him ahead of those once he’s fully sharp.

Paterson is good cover on the bench and a good RWB option as we saw in some big games last season.

Pedersen I can’t see getting much game time even if fit. I’d rather see James, Famewo and Palmer ahead of him.

Delgado we don’t know about, but after 6 months out you can’t see him offering much in the remaining games even if fit again

Thanks - haven't caught up with the last couple of press conferences yet.

Great news - fingers crossed we get through Ipswich with a clean bill of health and do get these guys back in contention to kick off the Easter/April schedule as it looks a bit of a slog; 5 games in 14 days I think before we return back to a game a week for the final 3 games. 

19 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Delgado and Pedersen are a bit unknown - Delgado looks solid if unspectacular under Xisco (

I'd be surprised if Delgado plays another minute for the club.  Been in a bit of trouble in his home nation.

• Thanks 1