Thank you all- the 1867 Group

40 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Not at all. But responses like yours are half the problem. I have clearly said I am neither for or against protesting and you have jumped straight to that! 

personally I would love to see the club sold to the right party but I am worried about what happens if that doesn’t happen. And I really don’t know if protesting is a good thing or not. So right now I am on the fence as to the best way forward. 

that doesn’t make me pro chansiri or anti protesting it just make me a scared Wednesday fan 

Agree with you. 

I N my opinion Chansiri comes across as petty, spiteful and vindictive based on his actions over the years. 

I hate to think of what he could he do to the Club if he so decided. 

As much as I agree with the protesters point of view and I hope they encourage him to sell , I suspect the end will come when his dad dies and what I believe to be the main source of his funds dries up. 

Spitting at someone is vile. I'd rather be punched. What makes it even worse is that its at someone that's just peacefully protesting. I thought the worst thing about this weekends football would be the football, not our own supporters. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

what a melt 

Ignore him.

when he’s being sensible he can post some interesting content, but most of the time he’s just being the site troll. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

Nope! Like a lot of fans I want to see change but I worry deeply about the possible consequences of trying to force it. 

So you want change but think doing nothing is going to bring it about - makes a lot of sense mate

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sykes said:

I can see English isn't your first language, but I'm interpreting that you think Leeds won because we protested?

And minority? Yeah, you're definitely rattled.

Like it’s been posted, everyone is entitled to an opinion, please don’t shove yours down my throat !! # uto

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

I only asked is this the same person who admitted it, absolutely no mention of the other kid.

That was me, was a genuine question, poorly timed I realise now.

12 minutes ago, SHUowl said:

That was me, was a genuine question, poorly timed I realise now.

Yes non worries and in his defence we all have mates or ex mates who turn out to be total bell ends.

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusted with some of our fans this weekend. Reading that peaceful protestors have been spat at and verbally and physically abused makes me sick to my stomach. There's a nasty undercurrent in our fanbase and it's going to end up hurting us all. Chansiri will love it because it will give him a reason to have a go at us and deflects from his ineptitude. His supporters actions on Friday night were as unacceptable as the morons throwing objects and chanting about Istanbul. 

Not in my name. Not for my club. Please leave. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bazza said:

Seems more than a bit hypocritical to say protesting against a protest isn't ok🤔

And just for the record I am neither for protesting or against it. I just hate seeing this club rip itself apart. 

I wouldn’t class spitting at people, pulling leaflets out of peoples hands and verbal abuse as peaceful protest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What you’re doing is a brilliant and much needed thing. The people that abuse the the group don’t want what is best for the club. They are probably the same idiots that throw things on the pitch or give abuse to opponents. 

• Like 3

It's got to the point now where I am starting to think - you know what - fizz em'.

Let those with their heads in the sands have the club they deserve - they are morons plain and simple. I am not speaking on behalf of the 1867 Group - far from it - I fully respect their efforts and have great admiration for their patience and continual efforts to hold DC to account and make him true to his word to put the club up for sale.

I am just at a loss at sections of our fanbase who think it is alright to spit at fellow supporters, to insult and intimidate other Wednesday fans whose only crime is to try and improve our lot, rather than just accept our inevitable slow death and go the way of Reading and other clubs.

If these DC supporters, don't rock the boaters and be careful what you wish for crew want to maintain the Status Quo - then they are welcome to it - give me a different Wednesday, even a phoenix club, because the current one is rotten to the core - from the head, right down to the subservient bottom.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Completely mystified with the behaviour and comments of a section of the fan base.

I was on Penistone Road giving out the flyers and thankfully the vast majority were extremely supportive and the majority of those that didn't want a flyer remained polite and respectful. 

In total I had 3 people with a few verbal's, telling me where to shove it etc. Tried to have a conversation with each but they carried on walking in a huff. There was also one individual who took a flyer, screwed it up and threw it back at me. He's subsequently proceeded to tag me on TWS and tell me that doing that made his day. This was a grown adult btw.

Speaking of the infamous TWS - I posted the locations of flyers on there - this was removed and I received a warning. The reasoning was that the post was -

"Not in the clubs best interest - posts & comments which are not in the best interests of the club / any staff member or other supporters & group members may be removed"

I've subsequently been told from them (by admin" that -

"The group is not a political platform for anyone else to gain grace or favour to persuade fans to conform to their way of thinking , if they are serious in their endeavours, let them set their own group up or website or other way of communicating ........ let em use their own initiative not jump on any established fan page and hijack that."

Genuinely cannot believe that stance from an open social media fans forum.

All for having proper discussion but debate but censoring information seems a step too far. It's also incredibly tiring and frustrating just receiving replies of verbal abuse and utter nonsense - for example, people having said people involved are a mob, troublecausers, want to run the club, aren't happy unless you're winning every week, that the protests have racial connotations, that the protests have detracted funds from charities. That's just a tiny portion too. As ever if you want to discuss, feel free, I just can't understand abuse and lies / false assumptions. 

That facebook group is being sold a total lie by not allowing the truth of what's happening
I'm sure the majority of it's members can see that though when they log off and see the actual reality in the real world of thousands of fans proactively holding up protest leaflets to show their anger at this chairman's actions

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop