Thank you all- the 1867 Group

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What you’re doing is a brilliant and much needed thing. The people that abuse the the group don’t want what is best for the club. They are probably the same idiots that throw things on the pitch or give abuse to opponents. 

I'm all for protests and fully support it but tbh i'm against comments and assumptions etc - e.g. you saying there that it's "probably the same idiots that throw things on the pitch". I think things like that are unfair on people who have the other opinion and no doubt it's largely wrong. It's frustrating when people make assumptions about people that make protests, so just needs a bit of fairness if that makes sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bazza said:

Seems more than a bit hypocritical to say protesting against a protest isn't ok🤔

Read it again. Did the poster really say that?

I think not.

If you want to start a counter protest extolling the virtues of chansiri then fill your boots.

Disagree with an opinion by all means.

What is not acceptable under any circumstances are Stazi like tactics of intimidation and threats of violence.

Are they Wednesdayites or Antifa?!!

• Like 3

Can you talk to the police about the threats and assaults your volunteers experienced at this protest? Both of those are crimes, and preventing violent and threatening behaviour around football matches is literally their job. That shouldn't change in the slightest because you were handing out some flyers.

If they don't change their policing plans for the next protest to prevent this happening again, they're failing in their duty to maintain the peace and (at the risk of being melodramatic) contributing to the dangerous slide this country is experiencing where threats and violence can stifle peaceful and legitimate protest.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

One thing I will say is that the protest has been dignified, mature and sensible, calm and reasoned

The pro-chansiri cult have been the ones being violent, spitting at fellow fans, being abusive etc

Says it all really

As above purely to remain fair and balanced there are plenty of pro chansiri people who don't do that and remain polite and respectful. It's important that all people that don't agree with protests aren't given that tag. And i'm speaking as someone that's helped out with protests. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That facebook group is being sold a total lie by not allowing the truth of what's happening

I'm sure the majority of it's members can see that though when they log off and see the actual reality in the real world of thousands of fans proactively holding up protest leaflets to show their anger at this chairman's actions

I really wish Facebook didn't exist. It's absolutely rotting people's brains. It turns out the only thing you need for a dystopia is to "optimise" people's attention - because the best way to do that is to get them addicted to an alternate reality where the latest OUTRAGE is always just a click away.

It's like giving everyone their own personal Two Minutes Hate every time they pick up their phones, but for the sole purpose of selling their eyeballs to advertisers.

Twitter too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Is the removal of anti DC posts on TWS any different to the removal of anything bordering for support for DC on here. 

Yes - completely different.

TWS is officially partnered with SWFC - with DC and AC amongst it's members.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Yes - completely different.

TWS is officially partnered with SWFC - with DC and AC amongst it's members.

Membership doesn’t mean partnership. My guess is both are members on here. 

Not sure how TWS works tbh. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Membership doesn’t mean partnership. My guess is both are members on here. 

Not sure how TWS works tbh. 

They are officially partnered - the guy in the post a bit further up got his posts removed re flier distribution points - because it was seen as anti-Wednesday. I have had posts removed and been threatened with bans for posting a link to the change.org thing the other month. They can't be affiliated with the club - and allow anything anti DC or 'anti-Wednesday'.

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

They are officially partnered - the guy in the post a bit further up got his posts removed re flier distribution points - because it was seen as anti-Wednesday. I have had posts removed and been threatened with bans for posting a link to the change.org thing the other month. They can't be affiliated with the club - and allow anything anti DC or 'anti-Wednesday'.

Officially partnered would indicate funded. Are you sure about that? They may just support DC. It is allowed you know. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Officially partnered would indicate funded. Are you sure about that? They may just support DC. It is allowed you know. 

This is there spiel.

About

Officially in partnership with SWFC and the first ever fans Facebook group to work alongside a professional EFL club helping to strengthen the bond between club and fans. This is, The Wednesday Sing!

SWFC & TWS working together HERE: https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/november/sing-when-youre-winning/

Also helping to connect fans and club HERE: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-new-partnership-get-heart-and-soul-fans-facebook-3075199

Please feel free to join in with all the love & laughter created by this unique blue & white family group which includes the SWFC staff, players, ex-players, management team, SWFC chairman Mr Dejphon Chansiri and his son Att Chansiri.

TWS! also includes regular postings from Journalists both new and experienced.

Your news, views & humour along with almost 30,000 members sharing Wednesday related information quicker than anywhere else on the web! Makes us 'Facebook's Favourite SWFC Fans Group.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

This is there spiel.

About

Officially in partnership with SWFC and the first ever fans Facebook group to work alongside a professional EFL club helping to strengthen the bond between club and fans. This is, The Wednesday Sing!

SWFC & TWS working together HERE: https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/november/sing-when-youre-winning/

Also helping to connect fans and club HERE: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-new-partnership-get-heart-and-soul-fans-facebook-3075199

Please feel free to join in with all the love & laughter created by this unique blue & white family group which includes the SWFC staff, players, ex-players, management team, SWFC chairman Mr Dejphon Chansiri and his son Att Chansiri.

TWS! also includes regular postings from Journalists both new and experienced.

Your news, views & humour along with almost 30,000 members sharing Wednesday related information quicker than anywhere else on the web! Makes us 'Facebook's Favourite SWFC Fans Group.

Fair enough. Surprised the club are happy to be partnered with a FB forum. Can only end in tears that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Fair enough. Surprised the club are happy to be partnered with a FB forum. Can only end in tears that. 

Exactly. The Forum by definition cannot be impartial - but at the same time it is the biggest social media SWFC related site on that platform - so has a big influence on peoples thoughts and opinions.

It is just an echo chamber for the club, but some supporters are duped into thinking it is a real forum for real debate.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Thanks to everyone involved.  Good to see again and I have been really disappointed to see the reaction of some of our fans.  Really vile, especially the spitting.  

It is also quite mind-boggling that there is still a huge number of SWFC fans that cannot separate a run of form from the actions of our buffoon of an owner.  9 years of incompetence forgotten because we now have a chance of survival.  Several of my mates are in this camp - intelligent, articulate, successful guys that cannot engage with the protests. 

It is interesting to look at why.  Obviously some are simply too thick to understand the wider picture and that is fine, they can't help it really.  But I think for the majority, it is simply a fear of the unknown and a conservative attitude to risk.  The latter certainly covers my pals. 

The one thing that really grates though is the response - what is your plan for the club then?  Why haven't you found a new buyer?   It is an argument that is as spurious as it is witless.   I read an excellent response to precisely this position on Twitter this weekend - paraphrased below:

Why haven't you found a buyer mate?  

If your train is cancelled or late and ruins your plans for the day, when you get home do you:

a) moan about the fact to anyone who will listen and send a strongly worded complaint to the train company or;

b) take the week off work to review the contractual terms of the franchisee, look for loopholes and build a case against, engage an M&A consultancy to help you source a new provider for the rail franchise and dedicate the next two years to helping with the bid to replace them, writing the new response for the tender and placing yourself at the head of the negotiating team to ensure you follow through and get this contract win over the line.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Do the next protest as a group, together, along with everyone else who wants to join. Flying solo around the ground just opens it up to idiots starting things with you all being on your own. If you're all together with every other fan who wants to be involved then people won't start anything with you, if you're a group of hundreds then no one will spit or be violent with you, come together again for your next protest whatever it maybe. You're doing a great job, and I wouldn't want any of you getting disillusioned with it because of the cretins who can't respect you.

• Like 5

I'm sorry to hear about the ridiculous abuse you got on Friday, it's not acceptable whatever your opinion.

I got a flyer from the bloke outside the Kop around half 7ish, I must have just missed somebody knocking them out of his hand as he was just finishing picking them all up off the floor and I didn't twig on what had happened - I just thought he might have accidentally dropped a few, it didn't even cross my mind some idiot might have knocked them out of his hand. I felt awful once I saw reports of this happening on X, had I connected the dots at the time I would have stayed with him but it sounds like you made a brilliant decision to buddy up anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

It's got to the point now where I am starting to think - you know what - fizz em'.

Let those with their heads in the sands have the club they deserve - they are morons plain and simple. I am not speaking on behalf of the 1867 Group - far from it - I fully respect their efforts and have great admiration for their patience and continual efforts to hold DC to account and make him true to his word to put the club up for sale.

I am just at a loss at sections of our fanbase who think it is alright to spit at fellow supporters, to insult and intimidate other Wednesday fans whose only crime is to try and improve our lot, rather than just accept our inevitable slow death and go the way of Reading and other clubs.

If these DC supporters, don't rock the boaters and be careful what you wish for crew want to maintain the Status Quo - then they are welcome to it - give me a different Wednesday, even a phoenix club, because the current one is rotten to the core - from the head, right down to the subservient bottom.

Totally agree

Sums up my feelings exactly...

14 hours ago, Bazza said:

Seems more than a bit hypocritical to say protesting against a protest isn't ok🤔

And just for the record I am neither for protesting or against it. I just hate seeing this club rip itself apart. 

Threatening and spitting at volunteers is not, and never will be a legitimate form of protest. 
If we agree on nothing else I hope we can at least agree on that.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

It's got to the point now where I am starting to think - you know what - fizz em'.

Let those with their heads in the sands have the club they deserve - they are morons plain and simple. I am not speaking on behalf of the 1867 Group - far from it - I fully respect their efforts and have great admiration for their patience and continual efforts to hold DC to account and make him true to his word to put the club up for sale.

I am just at a loss at sections of our fanbase who think it is alright to spit at fellow supporters, to insult and intimidate other Wednesday fans whose only crime is to try and improve our lot, rather than just accept our inevitable slow death and go the way of Reading and other clubs.

If these DC supporters, don't rock the boaters and be careful what you wish for crew want to maintain the Status Quo - then they are welcome to it - give me a different Wednesday, even a phoenix club, because the current one is rotten to the core - from the head, right down to the subservient bottom.

Starting to agree. 

• Like 3