Thank you all- the 1867 Group

43 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

You’ve made my point for me.  He didn’t invest any money whatsoever in the club.  He also borrowed millions to redevelop the South Stand.  A debt that held us back for the first 10 years of this century.

The South Stand has been redeveloped? WTF:

On 13/03/2024 at 12:31, bigdan2003 said:

We wouldn’t hear of interested parties anyway. Generally these things are kept under wraps if the parties are serious. 

Mandaric and Chansiri happened behind the scenes, and we only really knew about it at the final stage. 

Thats not true though 

We all knew about Mandarics interest in buying Wednesday before it happened 

We all knew about the Glazers takeover of Man United for a long time before it happened

The Saudis at Newcastle rumbled on for months and months in the media before it was finalised.

Some so happen behind the scenes, but a lot do get played out in public 

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Thats not true though 

We all knew about the Glazers takeover of Man United for a long time before it happened

It is true. 

Milan took over Wednesday when it was a PLC so of course we would know. The same with the Glaziers, it's a legal process.

Both takeovers were played and announced on the stock exchangee. Milan took over after an EGM.

Big Dan is correct. Limited company takeovers are kept under wraps until complete if credible and there is no legal process to announce it publicly until complete. 

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

You’ve made my point for me.  He didn’t invest any money whatsoever in the club.  He also borrowed millions to redevelop the South Stand.  A debt that held us back for the first 10 years of this century.

Pedantic or what?   Go and shout at the kids at the bus stop, you mad man.

56 minutes ago, kenny said:

I’d be willing to bet if this goes through, they’ll have overtaken us within 2/3 years and all the fanboys will still be sat around saying “be careful what you wish for”.:duntmatter:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’d be willing to bet if this goes through, they’ll have overtaken us within 2/3 years and all the fanboys will still be sat around saying “be careful what you wish for”.:duntmatter:

Luton have gone from non league to the Premier League while we’ve been careful what we’re wishing for 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/03/2024 at 19:59, The1867Group said:

We didn’t expect this from fans of our own club. What happened to WAWAW?

It's a warm illusion we tell ourselves. 

I'm really sorry that people were horrible to you. 

I think the protests have been measured, carefully thought through and effective.

6 hours ago, Miffed said:

Luton have gone from non league to the Premier League while we’ve been careful what we’re wishing for 

There was a thread on here last week about the 2-0 loss away at Yeovil

On the way back on the train a load of Luton fans got on the train at Salisbury

They had been playing Salisbury City in a non league fixture

That was 10 years ago go figure.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Miffed said:

Thats not true though 

The Saudis at Newcastle rumbled on for months and months in the media before it was finalised.

Mandaric we knew about just before it happened. Do you think he told the media first? Or do you think he’d already spoken to Wednesday, and the Coop bank? 

Newcastle and the Saudis is a completely different scenario imo because that became political. 

Man Utd. Honestly I can’t remember. 

Appreciate there might be exceptions, but in the majority of scenarios I would think the deals are kept under wraps for as long as possible.