Thank you all- the 1867 Group

50 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I’m sorry to hear about that.

I can totally understand that some of the fanbase don’t want to protest.

However, anybody that questions the right of others to protest is against free speech and that is a dangerous rabbit hole to go down - one which seems increasingly common over the last few years in this country.

It then gets supported by many if they don’t agree with the agenda of the people being shut down.

Free speech and freedom to Protest should always be supported even if you completely disagree with the protesters.

Millions of people have lost their lives so that we have that freedom.

All of society would do well to remember that.

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”.

Seems more than a bit hypocritical to say protesting against a protest isn't ok🤔

And just for the record I am neither for protesting or against it. I just hate seeing this club rip itself apart. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Right, but you are fine for the chairman to rip it apart. 

Not at all. But responses like yours are half the problem. I have clearly said I am neither for or against protesting and you have jumped straight to that! 

personally I would love to see the club sold to the right party but I am worried about what happens if that doesn’t happen. And I really don’t know if protesting is a good thing or not. So right now I am on the fence as to the best way forward. 

that doesn’t make me pro chansiri or anti protesting it just make me a scared Wednesday fan 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Bazza said:

Not at all. But responses like yours are half the problem. I have clearly said I am neither for or against protesting and you have jumped straight to that! 

personally I would love to see the club sold to the right party but I am worried about what happens if that doesn’t happen. And I really don’t know if protesting is a good thing or not. So right now I am on the fence as to the best way forward. 

that doesn’t make me pro chansiri or anti protesting it just make me a scared Wednesday fan 

We are way past the "be careful what you wish for" stage. 

At the end of the day, if Chansiri was doing his job properly, then there would be no need to protest. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

What are you for exactly - doing nothing as the club goes down the pan?

Nope! Like a lot of fans I want to see change but I worry deeply about the possible consequences of trying to force it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well done to all involved! 

Where were the volunteers located? I was parked near the Dog track and didn't see anyone handing out flyers on my walk to the Kop so unfortunately I didn't manage to get one, I would love to have gotten one, hopefully next time!

Edited by ohgoditsjames
  • Like 1