Sarina wiegman

The FA will consider Sarina Wiegman as Gareth Southgate’s successor if or when he moves on from being manager of England’s men’s team.

If she's good enough then why not...sexism should not be involved and you get the best person for the job.ill probably get pelters for this but hey ho 

• Like 1

On 19/08/2023 at 01:08, MSN SYSOP said:

The FA will consider Sarina Wiegman as Gareth Southgate’s successor if or when he moves on from being manager of England’s men’s team.

If she's good enough then why not...sexism should not be involved and you get the best person for the job.ill probably get pelters for this but hey ho 

Absolutely no problem with that if the FA believe she can transfer her success from the women's game to the men's.

On 19/08/2023 at 01:08, MSN SYSOP said:

Still probs better than Southgate though

There are a lot of unknowns that she would have to contend with that just aren't part of the women's game to the same extent.  It's not just about being a good coach.

You also have to wrangle a squad full of spoiled egomaniacal manchildren, some of whom are definitely less likely to listen to her because she is a woman, and handle insane pressure from the fans and media, which will be worse because she is a woman.  All whilst not actually having one of the best squads at the tournament.

Not saying she couldn't hack it.  Just that it would be harder for her than it would be for a man.

4 hours ago, owlinexile said:

There are a lot of unknowns that she would have to contend with that just aren't part of the women's game to the same extent.  It's not just about being a good coach.

You also have to wrangle a squad full of spoiled egomaniacal manchildren, some of whom are definitely less likely to listen to her because she is a woman, and handle insane pressure from the fans and media, which will be worse because she is a woman.  All whilst not actually having one of the best squads at the tournament.

Not saying she couldn't hack it.  Just that it would be harder for her than it would be for a man.

And she'd have to be the dressing room with all them men's dangly bits

I think maybe she could be part of the England set up with Southgate,  but quite frankly the men's and womens games are obviously very different, and I doubt that success in one equals success in the other.

I'd still like to see Emma Hayes given a chance at a L1 / L2 club, just to see if her skills are transferable.  

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

I think maybe she could be part of the England set up with Southgate,  but quite frankly the men's and womens games are obviously very different, and I doubt that success in one equals success in the other.

I'd still like to see Emma Hayes given a chance at a L1 / L2 club, just to see if her skills are transferable.  

You would and I think a few more would, but she doesn't.

6 hours ago, Bannofan said:

No chance of that happening for reasons well known

If FA think she is the best person for the job than they should appoint her.
But think Mens and Women's football are two different sports in too many many ways to make it a realistic possibility.
I remember when England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003 and was talk about Clive Woodward becoming an England Football manager, think he got involved with Southampton FC IIRC, but nothing much came of it.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

If FA think she is the best person for the job than they should appoint her.
But think Mens and Women's football are two different sports in too many many ways to make it a realistic possibility.
I remember when England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003 and was talk about Clive Woodward becoming an England Football manager, think he got involved with Southampton FC IIRC, but nothing much came of it.

Woodward became Saints academy manager

• Like 1