Sarina wiegman

I wouldn’t object to her on the grounds of her genitalia and I see no reason why women can’t get jobs in mens football.

However, despite the strides women’s football has made over the last few years, particularly in this country, she still doesn’t have the CV for it.

If say, a manager had been incredibly successful in League 2, that person would not be under consideration for the England men’s job without being tested further up the pyramid (or possibly within the England set up like Southgate). This is what Wiegman would have to do - earn her place on merit in mens football, not just a non-analogous jump from England women to England mens.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No, it will last at most until the transfer window heats up and then become a filler spot in SSN 

Nah not for me. They're already promoting the new season starting next month. I reckon after the recent WC SkySports will ramp it up to another level. 

The underlying principal of this is absolutely fine. Any organisation should always want the best possible leader regardless of gender. I have to say at the moment though this feels like a box ticking exercise by the FA, like if their response had been "She won't be considered" all hell would break loose and it's just not worth getting into it so we'll say she will be considered. She doesn't have a chance and to be fair I think that is 100% the correct decision. Women's football and men's football are the same sport but currently different games. I'd be equally against the notion of a male manager for the women's team that has not coached and been successful with a woman's club side.

Edited by Morepork

I think what we may see is the evolution of women coaches into the England set up - but not in the principle roles such as England manager

Maybe one of the legion of backroom coaches - possibly England u17 coach for eg - and see how it evolves

Is there a clamour in Spain for the World Cup winning coach to get the top job with the men’s team?

I’ve no problems with women working in the men’s game, but to suggest Sarina Wiegman is already at the level of elite men’s international football is ridiculous.

Surely, instead of pushing for the top women’s coaches to move across to the male game, more should be said about wanting to keep them in the women’s game and helping that become stronger?

last time i checked the coaching badges don't have seperate mens and womens qualifications.

she's been successful on the global stage with the womens team, why not give her a pop at the mens game?

can't be any worse than roy hodgson/ron greenwood/kevin keegan et al.

15 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

last time i checked the coaching badges don't have seperate mens and womens qualifications.

she's been successful on the global stage with the womens team, why not give her a pop at the mens game?

can't be any worse than roy hodgson/ron greenwood/kevin keegan et al.

Lol definitely can be worse 

• Like 1