I didn't have a season ticket last season but did the season before. Due to work commitments, domestic issues, and my Mum being ill, rest in peace Mum, I didn't make full use of the ticket and didn't bother last season with a season ticket.

Not bothering this season at those prices either. Also not going to be going to many matches on matchday tickets if he is going to take the pish, just out of principle.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 3

get creative

do like johnny cash and wear black to all matches until something changes.

find something that isn't prohibited to take in the stadium like a soft toy, and everyone throw them on the pitch at half time.   a different item every match.

or if you can't get them in throw them in the players/vip car park.

pick a number of a season/match ticket price and  protest at that minute with 5 minutes of silence.

everybody jam the phone lines all week, leave the same protest message about pricing

everybody spam the club email(s) with the same protest picture

same with the club, players and officials spam their social media with the same protest picture

don't tear down the chansiri banner, cover it in kids stickers every week

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I’m against a protest.  Honestly, you’d think he’d literally run us into the ground reading these. 

yes the pricing is bonkers but apart from that…. Is he really that bad ffs. 

- Changed the badge

- Sold the ground

- Got us relegated due to mishandling finances

- Lost a full generation of Wednesdayites 

• Like 6

On 07/07/2023 at 22:38, MF TAZ said:

The core fan base got a good deal on season tickets and they don’t care about all this 

I've been a season ticket holder for the entirety of the Chansiri era.

Not for a single second have I agreed with his pricing structure. Championship or League One.

You might get the odd one or two but in the main, all fans are against it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I’m against a protest.  Honestly, you’d think he’d literally run us into the ground reading these. 

Yes, he's the absolute worst.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

get creative

find something that isn't prohibited to take in the stadium like a soft toy, and everyone throw them on the pitch at half time.   a different item every match.

pick a number of a season/match ticket price and  protest at that minute with 5 minutes of silence.

everybody jam the phone lines all week, leave the same protest message about pricing

same with the club, players and officials spam their social media with the same protest picture

He'd think we all like the colour black and will change the home kit to black lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Yep it's just the pricing he's got wrong nothing else whatsoever lol

13 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I've bought my early bird, they can sell the empty seats for a tenner for me

Same for me Andy I've always said the POTG tickets should be a tenner and I'm not bothered once I've got my season ticket

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Same for me Andy I've always said the POTG tickets should be a tenner and I'm not bothered once I've got my season ticket

I think everyone who relies on match day tickets expects to be paying a bit more than the season ticket holders to watch each game.

But being asked to pay £13-£36 more to watch each game is ridiculous.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Jan 2015 -    First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -    Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -    Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge of 40+ years changed. Fans not consulted
Jun 2016 -    Signed Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox
Jul 2016 -    Lewis McGugan frozen out
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not consulted. Replica kits not for sale until after season has started.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck
Oct 2016 -    Two minutes silence for the recently deceased King of Thailand
Nov 2016 -    Puts CHANSIRI in place of SWFC on the North Stand seats
May 2017 -    Losses of £20m announced
May 2017 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 16/17 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -    Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out. Leaves for free.
Jul 2017 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL
Aug 2017 -    DTaxis and Elev8 announced as kit sponsors
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball
Dec 2017 -    Chansiri offers supporters unhappy with his running of the club a refund of their season ticket, but with proviso that they are banned from buying future season tickets.
Jan 2018 -    Jos Luhukay appointed manager
Jan 2018 -    Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players
Mar 2018 -    Losses of £21m announced
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out over contract dispute. Leaves for free
Jul 2018 -    Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2018 -    Ignorning the previous fans poll, no pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad
Aug 2018 -    Banned BBC Radio Sheffield from covering games, charging fans £4.50 a month to sign up to club radio instead
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that a transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with
Dec 2018 -    At a fans meeting, Chansiri tells supporters they don't know about football if they think Sheffield United have a better team. He congratulates United when they are promoted to the Premier League five months later.
Feb 2019 -    Katrien Meire leaves the club
Jul 2019 -    Profit of £2.5m announced, helped by the sale of the ground to Chansiri for £60m
Nov 2019 -    Charged by EFL over ground sale being included in the wrong set of accounts in order to escape P&S rules
Jan 2020 -    Unveiling of 10 year season tickets
Jul 2020 -    Finished 16th in Championship, three places lower than when Chansiri took over
Jul 2020 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 19/20 season - highest in club history - £33.33
Jul 2020 -    The first points deduction in the club's history, for breaking P&S rules over the sale of Hillsborough Stadium.
Sep 2020 -    Garry Monk runs pre-season and signs five players on free transfers and loans.
Oct 2020 -    Fans still not refunded for matches they couldn't attend in 2019/20. Explanation being that too many supporters had asked for one.
Nov 2020 -    Chansiri claims he had a sponsorship deal worth over £100m lined up, but the backers pulled out when they saw negative social media posts from supporters.
Nov 2020 -    Garry Monk sacked, Tony Pulis appointed.
Dec 2020 -    Players not paid full wages.
Dec 2020 -    Tony Pulis sacked, chairman goes to the media to criticise him
Jan 2021 -    Erik Alonso named as a new advisor to the chairman
Jan 2021 -    Erik Alonso leaves
Jan 2021 -    Prospective manager Paul Cook labelled unprofessional by the chairman for talking about the post to the media
Jan 2021 -    Players again not paid in full. Fans still waiting refunds from 18 months earlier.

Last updated three and a half years ago as I just fell out of love with it altogether and couldn't be arsed updating.

If anyone wants to give me an updated version I'm all ears.

This should definitely be updated

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

get creative

Aye

Only problem is your protest will cost approaching 100 sods !

2AB9D7FC-CC7F-4FBC-A4BD-D3EA21470D92.png

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Meat, Fish, Veg, Flour, Oil, Jam, Condiments, The Deli shop. 

High Street Food & Clothing, Power, Water.

If you wanna protest then protest about the things that can make a difference. Don't just hang around waiting for the crumbs to fall off the tables of the gentry   

Don’t do drugs kids they’re bad for you 

• Like 5
  • Love 1