Coventry v Luton

Bilic wasn't it?

Either way although it's hard for me to like Luton it really pee's off Watford fans that a, Luton got to the PL when they were expecting to and b, with a manager they sacked because they deemed he wasn't going to get them up

So all in all i am well pleased for them

• Like 2

The commentator on Sky summed up Luton remarkable achievement. 10 years, ago this season they lost at home to Hyde United in a league game in the conference. Next season  they will be playing in the Premier league   

Also they have become the first team to go from the Premier league (or division one as it was), to the conference and back again. No other club has ever done that. 

Remarkable. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The commentator on Sky summed up Luton remarkable achievement. 10 years, ago this season they lost at home to Hyde United in a league game in the conference. Next season  they will be playing in the Premier league   

Also they have become the first team to go from the Premier league (or division one as it was), to the conference and back again. No other club has ever done that. 

Remarkable. 

Was talking in to a few Luton fans on the tube to Wembley and they couldn't believe how far they've come. They mentioned having to go to places like Gateshead and Alfreton just a few years ago to being 90 mins from the premier league. 

Chuffed for Luton, they deserved to win it too. How they weren't 3-0 up at HT is astonishing. They were off it second half and looked like they could throw it away. 

Glad Cov lost. Horrible club and terrible bandwagon fans. When they were having stadium issues, most of the fans gave up and supported Wasps Rugby.

Great to see Luton go up although I do like Coventry as a club and I can remember us playing them in the Prem during the late 90's. Wednesday vs Coventry was a typical Premiership fixture back then. Both clubs have fallen on hard times since 

Will be fascinating to see who Luton bring in now they'll have some money to spend. I think they should stick with the squad they have and maybe do it the Brentford way when they first went up. Sign 4 or 5 players to improve the team but not make sweeping changes

14 hours ago, HullOwlPhil said:

14 hours ago,  owls maniac said: 

He’s made Watford look right mugs 

I doubt that's even in his top ten of things he gives a shít about today.

Maybe he doesn’t, but it’s still a fact. Serves Watford reyt. 

More managers than blow j0bs ont’ Kop 

4 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Great to see Luton go up although I do like Coventry as a club and I can remember us playing them in the Prem during the late 90's. Wednesday vs Coventry was a typical Premiership fixture back then. Both clubs have fallen on hard times since 

Will be fascinating to see who Luton bring in now they'll have some money to spend. I think they should stick with the squad they have and maybe do it the Brentford way when they first went up. Sign 4 or 5 players to improve the team but not make sweeping changes

If we ever made it back, I hope we upgrade the facilities and training ground and stadium and add 3 or 4 to the group that take us up

Not go for the spending £150m on mercenaries route and have nothing to show for it if you go down other than a worse financial situation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

If we ever made it back, I hope we upgrade the facilities and training ground and stadium and add 3 or 4 to the group that take us up

Not go for the spending £150m on mercenaries route and have nothing to show for it if you go down other than a worse financial situation 

To do this, we really need to invest in the developing of players we sign. But it would be my preferred approach, i'd really like to start and see players progress with us, rather than decline as many seem to do who we then replace. 

16 minutes ago, 0742 said:

To do this, we really need to invest in the developing of players we sign. But it would be my preferred approach, i'd really like to start and see players progress with us, rather than decline as many seem to do who we then replace. 

Yea,  the difficulty is as fans we aren't privvy to the set up, but the scouting, youth set up and long term thinking on recruitment, transfer policy and contract extensions need to marry up and stop being so short termism

Probably being harsh here,  but I thought both teams were very average. Only player I can see impressing in the Premier League from both sides was Gyorkes of Cov.

Luton will battle away next season and get a few points at home, but really you can't see them staying up.

Still, great achievement and a huge financial prize for the owners.