JANUARY 2023 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD (In memory of Gurujuan)

Coventry City forward Tyler Walker is understood to have been made available for transfer sources have revealed exclusively to The Real EFL. 

The striker has struggled since joining the Sky Blues, with even a reunion with previous manager Danny Cowley seemingly unable to reignite his career. The player is understood to be surplus to requirements this January, with his contract running until the summer of 2023. It’s understood a permanent deal with a small fee or a loan deal covering his wages with a view to a permanent deal could be accepted.

17 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Coventry City forward Tyler Walker is understood to have been made available for transfer sources have revealed exclusively to The Real EFL. 

The striker has struggled since joining the Sky Blues, with even a reunion with previous manager Danny Cowley seemingly unable to reignite his career. The player is understood to be surplus to requirements this January, with his contract running until the summer of 2023. It’s understood a permanent deal with a small fee or a loan deal covering his wages with a view to a permanent deal could be accepted.

If only we had some sort of link with the Walker family we may stand a chance here....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

If only we had some sort of link with the Walker family we may stand a chance here....

1 goal in 15 games on loan at Pompey this season,  we may not be rushing to call Sir Des.  But you never know,  Moore managed to get a tune out of Berahino and we do need to sign a striker with pace/movement.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

1 goal in 15 games on loan at Pompey this season,  we may not be rushing to call Sir Des.  But you never know,  Moore managed to get a tune out of Berahino and we do need to sign a striker with pace/movement.  

I think Moore likes the challenge of a seemingly lost cause. That’s probably why he took the Wednesday Job in the first place. I would love to post a laughing emojii but will inevitably get told off for laughing at my own jokes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Guest I Love Coffee

RWB and Cb need upgrades and cover.

Its alarming how little attacking output we get from the right and this is a direct reason for Smith and Gregory having such low numbers.

Guessing they’ll be some family and Forest connections with Walker and Mighten too. 

He’s quick and I think if people really want to see us sign a quick striker it’ll have to be a gamble like that. Anyone who’s established with those credentials will be very hard to pry away in January. 

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Like 2

Manchester City’s Morgan Rogers is set to return to the EFL on loan in the new year, according to reports.

The striker, who was signed from West Brom for £4m in 2019, is ready to gain more loan experience away from the Etihad.

Rogers spent the first half of the campaign in City’s academy after previously spending time League One experience with Lincoln.

Now the 20-year-old, who made just a single Championship start while on loan at Bournemouth last term, is ready to gain more minutes out on loan to aid his development, reports The Real EFL.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Manchester City’s Morgan Rogers is set to return to the EFL on loan in the new year, according to reports.

The striker, who was signed from West Brom for £4m in 2019, is ready to gain more loan experience away from the Etihad.

Rogers spent the first half of the campaign in City’s academy after previously spending time League One experience with Lincoln.

Now the 20-year-old, who made just a single Championship start while on loan at Bournemouth last term, is ready to gain more minutes out on loan to aid his development, reports The Real EFL.

I'll ask his uncle Buck to put a word in: Beegie, beegie..........🤖

• Haha 1

I used to really like the look of Tyler Walker, wouldn't mind us taking a cheap punt on him. The family connection always helps with building a rapport with the fans too. 

From the other names mentioned none of them would interest me aside from Porteous but I don't see him dropping to the third tier. He'll end up somewhere like Middlesborough. 

Screenshot_20221226-191455.thumb.png.38744ad6c7750291f4d21b1180b55e35.png

Nixon suggesting we are working on another attacker (thanks to OwlsFan21 for asking the question). Went on to say still very keen on Tom Cannon. But, he came on for Everton today. 

I wonder when Lampard is inevitably sacked, his situation may change when Everton roll the dice in the January transfer window giving their new manager a few quid to try and save them. 

Not a rumour or anything, but was thinking who I'd (realistically) like to see Wednesday sign in January and two names came to mind.

Elliot Anderson - Newcastle. Would of course need to be a loan.

Anis Mehmeti - Wycombe. Not sure they'd let him go or how much it would cost, but looks a great prospect from the bits I've seen of him.

Having said that, I think our priority has to be in defence - Mark McGuiness and Reece James would be great on permanent deals, but further additions needed to cover injuries.

• Like 1