JANUARY 2023 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD (In memory of Gurujuan)

41 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Portsmouth have '£350,000 bid' accepted by St Mirren for midfielder Ethan Erhahon but face competition from Forest Green Rovers.

St Mirren and Erhahon have been decent this season but he has not really lived up to his early potential.

When he was younger there was a lot of noise about him, he was a potential star, but he is nearly 22 now and he hasn’t really kicked on like a lot of St Mirren fans would have hoped. Still has time on his side but he is not better than what we have. 

42 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Anis Mehmeti - Wycombe. Not sure they'd let him go or how much it would cost, but looks a great prospect from the bits I've seen of him.

Suspect we'd have very little chance of him but always been very impressive - Ainsworth said they wanted £5m+ for him the other week!  Even if that is OTT, he could still go for a few million you'd imagine as he's only 21.  But someone like him is exactly the kind of player we are crying out for.  Likes to get on the ball, run at people, tricky, can play either just behind the front 2 if we play the 352, or out wide in the 433/4231.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

100% need a striker . Looking like a rwb needed for competition and a cb . So 3 signings 

There's a bloke in our league who can play right wing-back who's scored 4, made 3 assists, 3 MoM awards and is rated at 7.2 on whoscored, making him one of the 10 best players in our league. He's called Shaun Rooney....

Puts on tin hat

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

There's a bloke in our league who can play right wing-back who's scored 4, made 3 assists, 3 MoM awards and is rated at 7.2 on whoscored, making him one of the 10 best players in our league. He's called Shaun Rooney....

Puts on tin hat

I was impressed with him yesterday before he blew up. Don't know his contract situation but might be worth a look

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

I was impressed with him yesterday before he blew up. Don't know his contract situation but might be worth a look

Yeah, apart from his goal he also crashed a header against the bar and looked threatening whenever he had the ball - a big upgrade on Mighten or Hunt. But he didn't endear himself at the end, especially with DM

With our strikers miss firing is it worth looking at Langstaffe at Notts County 21 goals in 23 games this season averaging a goal every 91 minutes. 

He scored 32 goals last season help Gateshead to promotion and already well on the way to beating that, at 25 for me its the sort of signing that could be a gem.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

With our strikers miss firing is it worth looking at Langstaffe at Notts County 21 goals in 23 games this season averaging a goal every 91 minutes. 

He scored 32 goals last season help Gateshead to promotion and already well on the way to beating that, at 25 for me its the sort of signing that could be a gem.

Yep that’s a good shout 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Those sort of players cost a million or two nowadays. 

32 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Harvey Knibbs at Cambridge interesting both Plymouth & Sheffield Wednesday……….. Ryan Hardie likely to leave Plymouth in January window……… Oxford already had 1 million pound bid turned down!

Looks like Knibbs plays in the same position as Wilks. But given Wilks is contributing zero it’s no surprise if we are looking to add more in the attacking area of the pitch in January.  

2 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Need to remember there's a flip side to the transfer window - all the talk so far has been about potential incomings, but what about potential outgoings?

Could be that the best bit of business DM does is keeping hold of BB - but I suspect we'll not hear about it.

I think Dele and Paterson might leave. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Absolutely agree with you on this one,  it’s the type of signing I’ve wanted us to make for a while.  Looks to be championship bound for £1m+