JANUARY 2023 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD (In memory of Gurujuan)

6 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

I appreciate you cant name names..........but how soon will they be announced please, Owl?

Definitely in January, at least one will go down to last day !  #uto 

• Haha 8

53 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

There is no ffp in league one. 

i know,  but there’s mixed messages on here about whether ffp comes back into play once we get promoted and it factors in the last 3 years in which case we do have to consider what we do in league 1.  However other people have said the rules have changed so the owner can now spend what he likes. Either way, I know that Chansiri can spend money if he wants to which was the point I was trying to make but badly. 

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

i know,  but there’s mixed messages on here about whether ffp comes back into play once we get promoted and it factors in the last 3 years in which case we do have to consider what we do in league 1.  However other people have said the rules have changed so the owner can now spend what he likes. Either way, I know that Chansiri can spend money if he wants to which was the point I was trying to make but badly. 

We are under SCMP in League One.

Owner investment is classed as turnover, so we will go up at 0 whatever we spend, as you can't overspend under SCMP as any large payments such as contracts and transfer fees are pre-approved.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We are under SCMP in League One.

Owner investment is classed as turnover, so we will go up at 0 whatever we spend, as you can't overspend under SCMP as any large payments such as contracts and transfer fees are pre-approved.

Thanks, so yes it will be very interesting to see how much Chansiri spends to get us promoted this season. 

I honestly don’t expect us to do much business in January.

Initially a lot will depend on the loans and whether any are re-called then the potential departures of FDB and Paterson.

If the squad stays together, I’m only expecting another centre-back and maybe another forward on loan? Personally I could see Moore using the likes of Shipston and Cadamarteri in the second half of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I honestly don’t expect us to do much business in January.

Initially a lot will depend on the loans and whether any are re-called then the potential departures of FDB and Paterson.

If the squad stays together, I’m only expecting another centre-back and maybe another forward on loan? Personally I could see Moore using the likes of Shipston and Cadamarteri in the second half of the season.

Think Chansiri might gamble on promotion and get a couple in to be honest. Similar to how he did when he signed Rhodes and Winnall in 2017.

Hopefully this time the gamble pays off though. 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think Chansiri might gamble on promotion and get a couple in to be honest. Similar to how he did when he signed Rhodes and Winnall in 2017.

Hopefully this time the gamble pays off though. 

Different circumstances these days. Not as much money available I suspect?

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wouldn’t be against Gayle and Flint. Hopefully the type of experience that sees us over the line. But do wonder if Gayle has lost a yard of pace, no goals this season for Stoke. If someone like George Hirst or that Cannon lad from Everton became available, I’d rather go for them. 

God help us if players like Gayle may find it tough going for the third tier. 

A few players in positions I think we should look at that are out of contract in the summer:-

RWB - Luke Matheson (Wolves, 20); Todd Kane (Coventry, 29); Mitchell Clark (Accrington, 23).

LW - Nesta Guiness-Walker (Reading, 23); Connor Ogilvie (Portsmouth, 26); Like Garbutt (Blackpool, 29), Josh Ruffels (Huddersfield, 29); Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Burton Albion, 25)

CB - Harlee Dean (Birmingham, 31); Conor Masterson (QPR, 24)

ST - Tyler Walker (Coventry, 26)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Owlmanac said:

Would love Scott Twine on loan from Burnley. Been injured most of the season and struggling to get into their XI since returning. He was devastating in L1 last season. Could play up front or just behind and is the sort of player that could give us the spark we need to clinch Automatic. 

Another crock then

• Like 2

This time last year it was a bit of championship quality and experience that kicked us on to a great run of form. So wouldn’t be against that again. We’ve seen Plymouth and Bristol Rovers look quite handy with exceptional younger players too though, just think they’d be better if we had a chance of buying them and building for the future. If we can’t it’s just about getting over the line 

13 hours ago, Mick70 said:

No matter what you think of dc he has tried to back his manager financially when he can ( allowed) be it badly advised or not ? I expect him to back Moore again …let’s hope Moore brings in what we need 

He will !! #uto