JANUARY 2023 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD (In memory of Gurujuan)

18 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Would have been nice of him to let us know, instead of leaving me refreshing twitter every 30 seconds up until 11.00pm!! 😂😂🫣🫣

DM on deadline day stresses…

“It was quite calm. I think I was home at 5pm which hasn't certainly not been the case in recent windows.

We were looking for quality. I didn't just want to add bodies for the sake of it”.

I thought he said last weekend  he was going to work right up until the deadline at 11pm because he wanted 1 or 2 in? Think he’s putting on a brave face. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I thought he said last weekend  he was going to work right up until the deadline at 11pm because he wanted 1 or 2 in? Think he’s putting on a brave face. 

He made it clear in his presser today that there were specifically 2 players he tried to bring to the club that would have taken us to another level, but they couldn't get the deals done.  I expect they found out by 5pm that it definitely couldn't be done.  As @Bloxwich Owl says it would have been nice to tell the rest of us!

DM on avoiding knee-jerk signings…..

"There was a lot (of players) pushed our way and you have to strip their games back and ask what are they giving us and are they making us better. If they're not then you're just adding a body for the sake of it.

"You don't want that. There's been a progression since I arrived and a transition (in this approach) and we have to continue that.

"I've got a duty of care for the football club where if we bring in a player it's moving the club forward. That'll continue to be my outlook in terms of making this club better.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

At least he was confident of no one coming in for one of ours.

Not sure how to react to this.

43 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

"There was a lot (of players) pushed our way and you have to strip their games back and ask what are they giving us and are they making us better. If they're not then you're just adding a body for the sake of it.

"You don't want that. There's been a progression since I arrived and a transition (in this approach) and we have to continue that.

"I've got a duty of care for the football club where if we bring in a player it's moving the club forward. That'll continue to be my outlook in terms of making this club better.

Couldn’t agree more. A new signing should improve the first eleven.  Otherwise you don’t actually improve as we found with all the squad fillers under Carlos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

He made it clear in his presser today that there were specifically 2 players he tried to bring to the club that would have taken us to another level, but they couldn't get the deals done.  I expect they found out by 5pm that it definitely couldn't be done.  As @Bloxwich Owl says it would have been nice to tell the rest of us!

Wasnt 5pm the WSL deadline maybe he was looking to bring a few women in.😁😁😁

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Completely at odds with the bed wetting going on in this thread Tuesday night! 

He’s bang right though fwiw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Looks like Connor Wickham will be signing for Cardiff City.

Be playing in league one next season 

Look a terrible side but possibly be saved by 3 even worse teams currently below them, that’s if one doesn’t have a bit of new manager bounce 

On 01/02/2023 at 16:15, Mick70 said:

If we get promoted we’ll be stuck with a player who gives his all but Is very limited in what he does ? Yes he’s had a few good game’s recently but I’ll get shot to bits , I wouldn’t offer him a new deal? How many mom has he had in the 3 yrs ? Yes he’s puts himself about but we gona need more in the division above. And yes he’s played there before but still didn’t set it alight with us or Cardiff . I’ll get me helmet 

To be fair to him he got promoted from that league with Cardiff 

We missed a chance here…….🫣🫣

He might have turned 38 earlier this month, but Keith Curle is confident Leon Clarke still has plenty to offer to Hartlepool United.

Clarke has joined Pools on an incentive-based deal until the end of the season, and will hope to go straight into the squad for Saturday’s League Two game at AFC Wimbledon.