Ronaldo man utd

MSN SYSOP

He comes across as a proper big baby.

I remember him kicking up a fuss when Bale signed for Madrid. To the point he didn't even celebrate when Bale scored (or it at least came across this way)

Fantastic player but a lot of baggage. Especially at 37 when you are no longer the spine of a team. 

Should have just binned him when he wanted to go. Could have got a small fee and his humongous wages off the books. 

He talks about lack of respect shown to him, then slags off Rangnick & Rooney. The irony

Also clear to see that despite retiring 9 years ago the ghost of SAF is still pulling the strings at Old Trafford, which is why they are in a mess.

When Shankly left Liverpool in 1974 (realising it was a mistake) he started to show up at training and looking to get involved. In the end the club and Bob Paisley had to politely tell him to F*** Off

• Like 1

Reckon he'll go back to Sporting.

Apparently some big house he's planning to put his mum up in Lisbon has just finished, and a big penthouse apartment he's got has just finished having work done to it. So timing wise he's all set yo head back to Portugal and swan around being treated like a god. Sounds ideal for him.

He's 37, is in decline, and he can't accept the fact he's no longer the main man. 

At some point, clubs were going to stop indulging him and put their long-term success ahead of Ronnie and his stat padding. 

11 hours ago, fudge27 said:

He's trying to force them to let him go on a free. 

Like a big baby. 

His spat and words with Rooney will be interesting to see how other ex teammates and fans react

He’s already played his last game for them. No way he would have done that interview if there was a hope he’d play for them after the World Cup 

The whole fiasco is baffling but tbh a lot of what he said in the interview about the club was spot on

The irony is he talks about how the infrastructure etc is dated and the club have made bad decisions, without realising he was one of those bad decisions when they signed him last year 

Fergies fault this. Should have let him go to City but his ego wouldn’t allow it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Fergies fault this. Should have let him go to City but his ego wouldn’t allow it 

I agree.

Should have just let him go to City, but Fergie intervened and managed to persuade him and Man Utd to "Bring him home". 

OGS was actually making some decent signings (on paper) and they looked like they were starting to build a team again. The Ronaldo signings changed the whole dynamic.

There's no way back for him after this, surely? Which I guess is his objective by doing it. 

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s already played his last game for them. No way he would have done that interview if there was a hope he’d play for them after the World Cup 

The whole fiasco is baffling but tbh a lot of what he said in the interview about the club was spot on

The irony is he talks about how the infrastructure etc is dated and the club have made bad decisions, without realising he was one of those bad decisions when they signed him last year 

And to cap it all, its ended up with City signing Haaland instead and they won the league anyway. 

Beautiful. 

I always thought he was one of the greatest but these latest spats which seem to come thick and fast are tarnishing what was a fantastic reputation in the game.

It’s a shame that someone who has been such a talent over many years seems to want to end his career in such a way. He’ll end up being remembered for the wrong things.

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

I agree.

Should have just let him go to City, but Fergie intervened and managed to persuade him and Man Utd to "Bring him home". 

OGS was actually making some decent signings (on paper) and they looked like they were starting to build a team again. The Ronaldo signings changed the whole dynamic.

There's no way back for him after this, surely? Which I guess is his objective by doing it. 

Don’t know what’s next for him at all. The wider footballing world will obviously have been paying attention. They’ll look at what happened at Juventus, what happened at United and think “We don’t need that circus here” No one will bring him in to disrupt a settled side.

The only possible candidate I can think of is Chelsea. In a bad place on the field, no real striker apart from Auba who has flattered to deceive. Plus they’ve got the American owners who will still see the commercial benefits of signing him 

In a weird way I sympathise with Ronaldo. He carried that team on his back last season. More premier league goals than Kane, United player of the season. All to be dropped within the blink of an eye 

Last season only ended in May. Are we supposed to believe he has detioriated to such an extent in only a few months?