Ronaldo man utd

MSN SYSOP

It's all rather embarrassing, but not all that surprising. 

In his mind, he's still the same player he once was, but he simply isn't. Yes, he will get you goals, but, ironically, the team itself will often suffer for having him start in it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thing is Man United haven't done themselves any favours by saying they still expect and want him here in the January transfer window, yet when Ten Haag came in the majority all said Ronaldo didn't fit his philosophy and what he requires from his forwards. Give him in the ball in the box and he's guaranteed goals but don't expect him to continually press and chase.

I don’t believe that Ten Haag ever wanted Ronaldo, more of the owners wanting him around for the commercial value.

It’s a shame it’s gone this way, but Ten Haag is paid the big bucks to manage the team and that’s exactly what he’s doing.

• Like 1

I find it almost impossible to believe that no clubs even showed interest in Ronaldo over the summer, regardless of his huge wages.

Are you telling me no clubs came in to even attempt to negotiate on that wage? How would they know his wage demands without coming in for him? 

I do think Ten Haag’s has acted poorly on this. I reckon clubs DID come in for him, Ten Haag signed on as manager and decided he wanted to keep him for various reasons (his record in the game. Top scorer and clear best player last season) but has had a change of thought and approach during the season 

I think Ronaldo has been shafted a little tbh 

Edited by FreshOwl

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I find it almost impossible to believe that no clubs even showed interest in Ronaldo over the summer, regardless of his huge wages.

This could be where the sulking stems from too - Man Utd not letting him leave. 

But I think he also wanted to leave because Man Utd had a crap season overall, didn’t make top 4 and were laughed at in the media - but he scored 20 goals and sells shirts so they kept him. 

Then the manager has decided that he’s a bench warmer because the team needs a new direction… I think everyone is at fault really - you could say that Ronaldo signed for 2 years so he’s made his bed. 

- Playing wise Rashford can make good runs like against Spurs but has a less chance of scoring and Ronaldo can’t run as much but can finish better. 

I fully believe he went back to United to be the focal point for another 2-3 years.

Though id still start him. They don’t have an actual striker besides him.

No team is weaker by having someone who scores. They had the ideal attacking 3 really. Fast wingers and a poacher. Why they persist with trying non strikers up front is baffling. Rashford is an out of form winger.

Ronaldo does need to realise he’s 37 now though but no reason he still can’t get them 10 between now and the end of the season. I’d argue he’s their best chance of it up front.

1 hour ago, lukeyswfc said:

I fully believe he went back to United to be the focal point for another 2-3 years.

Though id still start him. They don’t have an actual striker besides him.

No team is weaker by having someone who scores. They had the ideal attacking 3 really. Fast wingers and a poacher. Why they persist with trying non strikers up front is baffling. Rashford is an out of form winger.

Ronaldo does need to realise he’s 37 now though but no reason he still can’t get them 10 between now and the end of the season. I’d argue he’s their best chance of it up front.

They had their worst ever PL season last season with Ronaldo as a focal point and their main goalscorer. 

He simply isn't up to playing week in and week out in a team trying (often failing) to challenge for the top 4 and play a high tempo pressing game. 

People also seem to be forgetting the fact that the goals have somewhat dried up and he's missing more and more chances. 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

They had their worst ever PL season last season with Ronaldo as a focal point and their main goalscorer. 

He simply isn't up to playing week in and week out in a team trying (often failing) to challenge for the top 4 and play a high tempo pressing game. 

People also seem to be forgetting the fact that the goals have somewhat dried up and he's missing more and more chances. 

Is that also not part of the problem?

If Ronaldo doesn’t score, no one does. They have no strikers.

At 37 he has slowed but 18 goals last season is not a negative. Due to his name he takes the slack for what is a poor Man Utd side. wasted vast sums of money on mid table players.

People can blame 1 player not pressing all they want but Man Utd are weak. Their defence is embarrassingly bad. Mctominay isn’t good enough, even Scotland don’t know where to play him.

Shaw and Maguire aren’t good enough for what they want. Lindelof isnt. Wan Bissaka isn’t. Fred isn’t. Just all over it’s a poor team that got saved last year with Ronaldos goals.