Ronaldo man utd

MSN SYSOP

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Don’t know what’s next for him at all. The wider footballing world will obviously have been paying attention. They’ll look at what happened at Juventus, what happened at United and think “We don’t need that circus here” No one will bring him in to disrupt a settled side.

The only possible candidate I can think of is Chelsea. In a bad place on the field, no real striker apart from Auba who has flattered to deceive. Plus they’ve got the American owners who will still see the commercial benefits of signing him 

In a weird way I sympathise with Ronaldo. He carried that team on his back last season. More premier league goals than Kane, United player of the season. All to be dropped within the blink of an eye 

Last season only ended in May. Are we supposed to believe he has detioriated to such an extent in only a few months? 

Change of manager and playing style I think rather than a sudden decline. 

It seems Ten Haag wants his players to play with high intensity and closing down all over the field, playing as a team etc. Ronaldo seemed to throw his toys out of the pram if he didn't get the ball and would hardly track back.

I'm not sure even Chelsea would want him. The marketing is still there but Chelsea are in a bit of a pickle and like Man Utd, Ronaldo is not the answer to their problems. 

The only way he'll play Champions League again is by going to one of the "minnows" of the tournament - Portugese League, Belgian etc.

He'd be better off going outside Europe and enjoying his last couple of seasons as the main man for a team in USA, Qatar, China (Have they stopped signing the big names now?).

He ended up carrying the team last season because his inclusion completely messed up the side's equilibrium, both on and off the pitch. 

Him banging in braces against the likes of Norwich is very impressive, but it was papering over the cracks and masking the problem he is/was. 

He's 37, he can't press, he's doesn't really get involved in any sort of buildup play, and I'm not sure his finishing is quite what it once was. 

• Like 1

I'm sure Ten Hag can't wait to see the back of him, he's now got the perfect excuse to bomb him out. 

On a lower quality scale, once Arsenal got shut of Aubamayang a cloud lifted from that club.

Without his ' influence'  you could see a big improvement from Man Utd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

I'm sure Ten Hag can't wait to see the back of him, he's now got the perfect excuse to bomb him out. 

On a lower quality scale, once Arsenal got shut of Aubamayang a cloud lifted from that club.

Without his ' influence'  you could see a big improvement from Man Utd. 

Tbf I think the issues do go a bit deeper and if Ronnie is doing one positive it is holding the useless ******** owners to account for their incompetence- same facilities since 2010 etc.  

Can't see him ending up at Chelsea, he doesn't fit the philosophy and ethos of Potters way of playing. Plus I don't think he would give GP any respect and be looking as a "never even heard of him" approach 

He'll be best going off to play in the MLS.

Shame how this has all ended, for me personally he's been one of the greatest players I've seen growing up, I mean he's always striked me as a bit of a brat but he's always delivered when the times mattered.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Can't see him ending up at Chelsea, he doesn't fit the philosophy and ethos of Potters way of playing. Plus I don't think he would give GP any respect and be looking as a "never even heard of him" approach 

Its not always up to the manager who comes in 

An attempt to stay relevant. Seen Messi is still at the top of his game scoring and assisting in every game and lighting up champions league games and being his club and countries main man, and Ronaldo is a bit part player in an average side and getting occasional run outs against sunday league clubs in the europa league. Embarrassing behaviour but goes hand in hand with Piers very well 

He isn’t washed at all. How can a player who scored 18 league goals&. 5 champions league goals only last season be washed? 

He just doesn’t fit into this particular way ETH wants United playing

I find the whole thing about his lack of pressing laughable too. Watch United and you’ll notice the only one who presses consistently is Bruno. Even Rashford arguably presses less than Ronaldo 

I think what’s happened is ETH has been appointed with the expectation he cleans the club from top to bottom and has a strong emphasis on youth & building a team for the future. After United historically gave large contracts to players 30 + 

That’s why Ronaldo has suffered from lack of minutes. Not because he’s washed, but because ETH knows he either won’t be at the club or retired in 1-2 years time 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

He isn’t washed at all. How can a player who scored 18 league goals&. 5 champions league goals only last season be washed? 

He just doesn’t fit into this particular way ETH wants United playing

I find the whole thing about his lack of pressing laughable too. Watch United and you’ll notice the only one who presses consistently is Bruno. Even Rashford arguably presses less than Ronaldo 

I think what’s happened is ETH has been appointed with the expectation he cleans the club from top to bottom and has a strong emphasis on youth & building a team for the future. After United historically gave large contracts to players 30 + 

That’s why Ronaldo has suffered from lack of minutes. Not because he’s washed, but because ETH knows he either won’t be at the club or retired in 1-2 years time 

If he was that amazing still, the manager would be including him more than he is. 

Likewise, if he was still so amazing, then clubs would have been lining up to take him in the summer and no one did. 

It's 500k a week for a headache and a player in decline. 

Don’t know who the bigger arse hole is in that interview….

also if I was a Man Utd player watching that interview I wouldn’t want to be in the same training area as ronaldo ever again. What a ********, no professionalism what is ever. Why would any other manager want him aafter that too? 

Edited by Mr. Chow

41 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Can the club sack him but keep his registration so he can't sign for anyone else 

Think it would be more fitting to make his life hell with the kids. The GOAT (in his mind) sat rotting in the under 18’s would be lovely.