Bolton - V - Wednesday - OMDT

Hoping for us to play to our strengths, impose ourselves, control the game and win 2-0.

Reality is I'm expecting us to sit back and try to contain them, encouraging them to play in our half and test our defence relentlessly until they eventually score.

2-1 to Bolton.

Brilliant OMDT as per M'Lord. Poor old Stubbs, he never gets a break does he?

I'm looking at the positives from Tuesday. Before the sending off, they were of very little threat to us. It was obvious they were going to come out of the blocks fast, but we restricted them in pretty much every area, slowly but surely taking control of the game. It was finely balanced and the red card tipped it in their favour. Silly decision by James, correct decision in hindsight by the ref. Line drawn under the whole evening now and on to the next game.

UTO.

Edited by ChapSmurf
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Hoping for us to play to our strengths, impose ourselves, control the game and win 2-0.

Reality is I'm expecting us to sit back and try to contain them, encouraging them to play in our half and test our defence relentlessly until they eventually score.

2-1 to Bolton.

Sadly this is the DM way-try and bore opponents and nick a goal. Would like to see a reaction from DM in terms of a change in tact as we are yet to have a convincing performance this season. Cup was ok but Sunderland made it easy by turning up to lose.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Sadly this is the DM way-try and bore opponents and nick a goal. Would like to see a reaction from DM in terms of a change in tact as we are yet to have a convincing performance this season. Cup was ok but Sunderland made it easy by turning up to lose.

Yep Airborne - we do need to see a change tack from Moore. He needs to think about hoisting the mainsail occasionally if we really want to be HMS PTL!

• Like 1

Biggest game of the season so far.

Win and its 10 points from 5 games. An excellent start from a tough set of opening fixtures.

Lose and its 2 defeats on the trot and the pressure will start building.

I think the players will really want to bounce back from midweek and we'll see a big performance from them.

13 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Biggest game of the season so far.

Win and its 10 points from 5 games. An excellent start from a tough set of opening fixtures.

Lose and its 2 defeats on the trot and the pressure will start building.

I think the players will really want to bounce back from midweek and we'll see a big performance from them.

absolutely . A win would be great and re build some momentum knowing that we have 2 home games to come and it’s the end of the transfer window soon too . 
I’d take a point . 8 from 5 after playing 4 sides in Bolton posh Portsmouth and Charlton who I expect all to be top 10 minimum . 

ive watched us home and away and some of the pre season games . at alfreton yes 1st game yes just more about getting minutes in legs . there keeper hardly had anything to do all game and we started with a very strong team . our problems are all over the pitch . we must have a lottery drawn every friday to decide what 3 start our of the 6 centre mids .also  our defence has been a shambles . and up front aint our strikers only  scored 1 goal from open play? . we also in hunt and johnson out wide there getting older and probably slower and easily stopped and asking them to run 10 miles per game is draining as you get older  , its a lot harder to stop crosses when you have full backs and wingers . 

have we played well this season? no we aint . only in the cup match i saw a little bit of attacking entertainment  and the star man gets dropped for next 2 games why why why? . 

liam palmer is the only player what has been constantly class this season. today he will get moved to wing back and if we have any chance of a result today it prob be him getting the man of the match award again. 

i hate coming out of games with supporters arguing about d moore etc etc it be nice today if we play well and win 2-0 but i just cant see it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Looking forward to seeing Lee again, always a pleasure. Can’t even bring myself to wish him a bad game! Let’s hope Agent Kachunga is his usual self.

Not certain Lee will start, could be Dempsey who’s been really good this season but I hope he does because as you know Kieran’s pure class and still has it all. I can’t see Kachunga starting though, which I’m sure you’ll be disappointed about, especially as Dion Charles is now fit to partner Afolyan. Should be a cracking game though, two good sides playing proper football in front of a big and noisy crowd. Obviously can’t wish you luck but let’s just hope it’s a good game, isn’t spoiled by poor reffing and the bast team wins. I think we might surprise you today so Wanderers 2 Owls 0.

• Like 1