Milton Keynes - V- Wednesday - OMDT

The news of Smith being out, coupled with Gregory's suspension has knocked my duck off a bit. 

The thought of Paterson or Sow starting is just a waste of a shirt, not because they are bad players persee, but because quite obviously neither is a striker (and that debate is open re Windass too for that matter). 

We are the better team for 3/4 of the pitch, but very lightweight up front where it matters.

Not that we will, but there is an argument for matching them up with a 4231/433 today. If we ain't got any forwards to play, seems silly playing someone so woefully out of position akin to playing with 10 men, when we have a dearth of midfielders available. I'd respect Moore for doing so.

It's either going to be a long afternoon of disappointment or a comfortable 1-4 win for Wednesday. Fingers crossed today more in hope than expectation.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Great post as always @Lord Snooty

It's a game of football, so anything can happen on the day. On paper - even with players out - we've got enough to beat MK Franchise. Will we? I dunno, I'll tell you later on but I think it will be a tight game, maybe one goal in it.

Draws kill you, so I would hope we just go for the jugular from the off. I can see a formation change on the cards too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, striker said:

The news of Smith being out, coupled with Gregory's suspension has knocked my duck off a bit. 

The thought of Paterson or Sow starting is just a waste of a shirt, not because they are bad players persee, but because quite obviously neither is a striker (and that debate is open re Windass too for that matter). 

We are the better team for 3/4 of the pitch, but very lightweight up front where it matters.

Not that we will, but there is an argument for matching them up with a 4231/433 today. If we ain't got any forwards to play, seems silly playing someone so woefully out of position akin to playing with 10 men, when we have a dearth of midfielders available. I'd respect Moore for doing so.

It's either going to be a long afternoon of disappointment or a comfortable 1-4 win for Wednesday. Fingers crossed today more in hope than expectation.

I think we should do something similar. I'd maybe look at bringing in James at LB in a back 4 of Hunt, Heneghan and Ihiekwe, pushing Johnson up higher and playing Windass on the opposite side. Paterson up front. He's not the most mobile, but he reads the game well and his spead of thought could get him in to the right areas quicker than his feet, if that makes sense. Bannan could play the number 10 role, with Fizz and Byers his more central partners.

Oh, and Goalie wag, but Stockdale seems to play that role anyway lol

• Like 2

Probably take a draw tbh. 

I don't know, just feel like the squad is a bit imbalanced or something. 

The injuries aren't helping on that front, but I  think we are missing one or two players to make everything click. 

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We need Nuhiu back.

MKD 0 The Wednesday 23 (Nuhiu 23).

Nuhiu is out mate. Got injured morning whilst cutting a croissant at breakfast. Could be out for 4 months. DM to have an investigation in to whether players should be allowed serrated knives.

• Haha 2

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

Nuhiu is out mate. Got injured morning whilst cutting a croissant at breakfast. Could be out for 4 months. DM to have an investigation in to whether players should be allowed serrated knives.

Bloody hell. I heard the knives were out for us but didn't realise it was true.

Hate the Blades. Wednesday 'til I die.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Howmanyowls said:

I'll take any win today. Maybe get the forwards running into the channels and stretch them, with the hope one of the midfielders can score. 

Think it will be easier than last season imo,their side has been ripped apart,all their best players gone....

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Paterson might get MoM today.

He'll score a couple, I can feel it in my watter.

Lucky dump primed owlsman? And you could be right about Paterson he does have the knack of doing the unexpected.

UTO, you’re everywhere and nowhere baby