Fan zone at Hillsborough?

2 hours ago, marshy said:

Spot on idea. Wait until the rich old un's start moaning because they can't park their 1980's E type Jag. Joking aside, it would need to fetch some revenue to at least equate to or even be better than the money the club receive for yearly parking permits.

Therefore I wonder if it's simply for the friendly v the La Liga side who's name escapes me this minute.

Rayo Vallecano.

Rayo means stripe and refers to the red stripe on their shirts.  Vallecano means from Vallecas, which is an industrial suburb of Madrid.

And a fanzone would be good. But there's not a lot of room there.  

16 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Those fan zones are great when attracting new fans: City (obviously an unrealistic comparison), but also other teams on the up / modernising. 

Not saying it’s a bad idea, just think with us, we’re not going to win new fans with this, and our current fans must be that thick skinned this will be neither here nor there..

If it somehow brings more £ per person attending, that’s maybe a worthwhile point, but suspect that’s negligible.

In short, whilst I welcome subsidiary improvements, the key is sorting promotion out.

STOP ALL FUN IMMEDIATELY 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

our club has to reverse the many years of not attracting new young supporters ,the dark side does £1 kids tickets free tickets to schools and clubs etc etc it saddens me that the u25 group there are far more in red than blue , ive seen fan zones at other clubs and see what a good thing they are ,ipswich have a massive one , why cant we use a small part of the park just across the bridge? at least this is something and if they could stock the shop properly a killing could be made too while kids are playing etc . future fans is what we need , most of our away crowd will be needing walking sticks soon been going that long. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, morganowl said:

our club has to reverse the many years of not attracting new young supporters ,the dark side does £1 kids tickets free tickets to schools and clubs etc etc it saddens me that the u25 group there are far more in red than blue , ive seen fan zones at other clubs and see what a good thing they are ,ipswich have a massive one , why cant we use a small part of the park just across the bridge? at least this is something and if they could stock the shop properly a killing could be made too while kids are playing etc . future fans is what we need , most of our away crowd will be needing walking sticks soon been going that long. 

I dont know whether you right or not but how do you know that there are more blades than owls in the u25 age group 

8 hours ago, Geedee said:

I dont know whether you right or not but how do you know that there are more blades than owls in the u25 age group 

based on how many are wearing shirts, there home crowd figures etc , we need to do far more to get young kids hooked ,cant rely on the bolding 50s 60s 70 year old supporters forever ,this is the reason why our away supporters travel in such good numbers yet our home support is pretty poor compared , name a club what can easily sell 25% of its average home crowd for an away game within 100 miles? 

As a rotund gentleman that thinks about food far too much. I’d love to see us have one in the park, decent beer, and some decent food stalls. One of those trendy pizza ones, greedy Greek or similar, some vegan options for the weirdos (joke, don’t get your knickers twisted), pie peas and hendos one. 

leave it open until around half time then if the footballs turd we can go back there for some more food and ale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSlicer said:

As a rotund gentleman that thinks about food far too much. I’d love to see us have one in the park, decent beer, and some decent food stalls. One of those trendy pizza ones, greedy Greek or similar, some vegan options for the weirdos (joke, don’t get your knickers twisted), pie peas and hendos one. 

leave it open until around half time then if the footballs turd we can go back there for some more food and ale. 

1000% this.

Food in the ground is terrible.