Women's Euro 2022

Unreal day yesterday.

We soaked up the atmosphere on Division Street, it was a sea of orange and yellow! Fan Park was ace as well.

Really enjoyed the match. Sweden looked great first half and then the Dutch came back into it. 1-1 was probably a fair result.

Hoping to get down to the NYS tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Unreal day yesterday.

We soaked up the atmosphere on Division Street, it was a sea of orange and yellow! Fan Park was ace as well.

Really enjoyed the match. Sweden looked great first half and then the Dutch came back into it. 1-1 was probably a fair result.

The fan zone area in Rotherham is where the wineos like to hang out but frequently get stopped by police and get there drinks confiscated, I've heard that they're very unhappy that football fans are being allowed to drink. 

Edited by bradowl

As regards Rotherham, I looked on the “guide to the host cities” (I know it’s not a city but nobody told UEFA) on the official website.

It mentioned Bempton Cliffs and the trams to the beach in Scarborough as nearby attractions. 

It’s all relative I suppose. If you’re travelling for Spain they are nearer than to you now if you’re here…

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

1 hour ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Unreal day yesterday.

Best game so far by a country mile i wish i'd gone to this game ( sweden v holland )

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Best game so far by a country mile i wish i'd gone to this game ( sweden v holland )

It was a slow first 20 mins with the injury to the keeper, then another Dutch player went down and had to be substituted, which meant 7 mins extra time in the 1st half.

After that it was decent build up play, chances and half chances and back and forth. The standard is genuinely better than I expected. Of course a sport that has been shunned since WWII and is just starting to get a tiny fraction of the resources that the men's game gets is going to have some issues. But overall I really enjoyed it. No hooligans, no aggression, just a nice evening watching decent football.

• Like 1

Was briefly in town yesterday, quite rare for me of a weekend, and had forgotten this was happening. It looked like a really nice event, exactly as an international sports gathering ought to be, and the coverage this morning on social media is really positive both for the city and the tournament.

• Like 5

Definitely felt sparsely populated today, which is a shame.

Strangely lop sided scoreline... France obviously the better side (hard to see past them winning the lot) but Italy were not as bad as the scoreline suggested, they were just far too open. Nice for them to get a goal.

IMG20220710213416.jpg

IMG20220710213441.jpg

IMG20220710213501.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Thought you could only buy them online?

Social care were specifically attempting to use them to take the naughty kids as reward.

Some will most probably have gone but they were still there last week for anyone that wanted them. 

On 10/07/2022 at 09:38, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Unreal day yesterday.

Really enjoyed the fan park. 

Kids loved it playing footie on Devonshire Green. My lad had an Ajax kit on, so many of the  Dutch fans took a shine to him. My lads used to coming to Hillsborough, but it was the first game for some of my friends kids. Great way to introduce them to football.

Thought the Dutch no 9 and Swedish 18 looked head and shoulders above everyone else by quite some distance. It was only looking them up after where I found out the play for Arsenal and Barcelona respectively and are very highly regarded in the women's game. 

• Like 2