Women's Euro 2022

I enjoy watching the women.  I’ve got to say they’ll need a big improvement on last nights performance to win it.  I just hope they didn’t peak too early in the warm-up games.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 1867owl said:

OK then - let's all pretend women's football isn't funny 🙄

If you find womens football funny mate thats up to you and your prejudices. Fine.

Just don't project them as being what ALL people think to try to normalise your chauvinistic bs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nero said:

If you find womens football funny mate thats up to you and your prejudices. Fine.

Just don't project them as being what ALL people think to try to normalise your chauvinistic bs.

It's not chauvinistic at all.

Just as critcising the African cup of Nations isn't racist.

And mocking San Marino isn't San Marino-ist.

It's just really cr*p, and it's patronising to suggest otherwise. It's not funny cos they're women. it's funny cos it's so, so bad, and they happen to be women.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

It's not chauvinistic at all.

Just as critcising the African cup of Nations isn't racist.

And mocking San Marino isn't San Marino-ist.

It's just really cr*p, and it's patronising to suggest otherwise. It's not funny cos they're women. it's funny cos it's so, so bad, and they happen to be women.

You are criticising the whole of womens football and they just happen to be women.

Seeing older men trying to argue their way out of their 70s prejudice is always amusing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thought you'd be watching old episodes of Top Gear, Jim'll Fix It and Starsky and Hutch.  Or maybe cheering Alf Garnett on.

Seriously though - if you're GENUINELY saying with a straight face that the standard is anything above just about watchable - and not just because it's what we're supposed to say to be polite - then your standards must have hit rock bottom watching Wednesday all these years.

At least I'm being honest, as opposed to patronising.

• Like 2

Just now, 1867owl said:

Seriously though - if you're GENUINELY saying with a straight face that the standard is anything above just about watchable - and not just because it's what we're supposed to say to be polite - then your standards must have hit rock bottom watching Wednesday all these years.

At least I'm being honest, as opposed to patronising.

You do realise the Irish girls are non-professional?

Would you go down to your local park and laugh at the Sunday league players?

Or does the fact that they have a ******** cloud your judgement?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You do realise the Irish girls are non-professional?

Would you go down to your local park and laugh at the Sunday league players?

Or does the fact that they have a ******** cloud your judgement?

Sunday league players don't get their matches broadcast live on TV.

If they did, and everyone pretended to take them seriously and we all had to tip toe around them and pretend we think they're good, then yeah I'd definitely have a good giggle man.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Just unpleasant and uncalled for really.

Only if you're determined to patronise these women and pretend something is what it definitely isn't.

Anyway I won't derail the thread any further - enjoy the tournament guys, and please post any goalkeeping howlers in here 👍

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

Only if you're determined to patronise these women and pretend something is what it definitely isn't.

Anyway I won't derail the thread any further - enjoy the tournament guys, and please post any goalkeeping howlers in here 👍

This is exactly what you sound like..

"Richard Keys and Andy Gray watch highlights of the women’s FA Cup Final, Arsenal vs Croydon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4U6mjt90A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1