Jump to content

Women's Euro 2022


Recommended Posts

I enjoy watching the women.  I’ve got to say they’ll need a big improvement on last nights performance to win it.  I just hope they didn’t peak too early in the warm-up games.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 1867owl said:

 

OK then - let's all pretend women's football isn't funny 🙄

If you find womens football funny mate thats up to you and your prejudices. Fine.

Just don't project them as being what ALL people think to try to normalise your chauvinistic bs.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nero said:

If you find womens football funny mate thats up to you and your prejudices. Fine.

Just don't project them as being what ALL people think to try to normalise your chauvinistic bs.

 

It's not chauvinistic at all.

 

Just as critcising the African cup of Nations isn't racist.

 

And mocking San Marino isn't San Marino-ist.

 

It's just really cr*p, and it's patronising to suggest otherwise. It's not funny cos they're women. it's funny cos it's so, so bad, and they happen to be women.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

 

It's not chauvinistic at all.

 

Just as critcising the African cup of Nations isn't racist.

 

And mocking San Marino isn't San Marino-ist.

 

It's just really cr*p, and it's patronising to suggest otherwise. It's not funny cos they're women. it's funny cos it's so, so bad, and they happen to be women.

You are criticising the whole of womens football and they just happen to be women.

Seeing older men trying to argue their way out of their 70s prejudice is always amusing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Seeing older men trying to argue their way out of their 70s prejudice is always amusing.

 

Stick it on BBC1 fella.

 

They're doing all the arguing for me.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thought you'd be watching old episodes of Top Gear, Jim'll Fix It and Starsky and Hutch.  Or maybe cheering Alf Garnett on.

 

Seriously though - if you're GENUINELY saying with a straight face that the standard is anything above just about watchable - and not just because it's what we're supposed to say to be polite - then your standards must have hit rock bottom watching Wednesday all these years.

 

At least I'm being honest, as opposed to patronising.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 1867owl said:

 

Seriously though - if you're GENUINELY saying with a straight face that the standard is anything above just about watchable - and not just because it's what we're supposed to say to be polite - then your standards must have hit rock bottom watching Wednesday all these years.

 

At least I'm being honest, as opposed to patronising.

You do realise the Irish girls are non-professional?

 

Would you go down to your local park and laugh at the Sunday league players?

 

Or does the fact that they have a ******** cloud your judgement?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You do realise the Irish girls are non-professional?

 

Would you go down to your local park and laugh at the Sunday league players?

 

Or does the fact that they have a ******** cloud your judgement?

 

Sunday league players don't get their matches broadcast live on TV.

 

If they did, and everyone pretended to take them seriously and we all had to tip toe around them and pretend we think they're good, then yeah I'd definitely have a good giggle man.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Just unpleasant and uncalled for really.

 

Only if you're determined to patronise these women and pretend something is what it definitely isn't.

 

Anyway I won't derail the thread any further - enjoy the tournament guys, and please post any goalkeeping howlers in here 👍

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

 

Only if you're determined to patronise these women and pretend something is what it definitely isn't.

 

Anyway I won't derail the thread any further - enjoy the tournament guys, and please post any goalkeeping howlers in here 👍

This is exactly what you sound like..

 

"Richard Keys and Andy Gray watch highlights of the women’s FA Cup Final, Arsenal vs Croydon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4U6mjt90A

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...