Women's Euro 2022

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

Sorry, call me a dinosaur, gammon or whatever, but I just don't have any interest whatsoever in watching women's football. Even though Sky and the BBC are desperately trying to shove it down our throats.

Heaven forfend that a broadcaster should advertise the programmes it is showing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I don't get why I have to provide so much personal info for the UEFA site. Was looking last night and asked for a passport number. Closed the browser. 

i just ignored that question and it still let me set up an account 

• Like 1

I won't be watching it because it's definitely less funny that it used to be (albeit there is always guaranteed to be at least two or three moments of hilarity in each match).

Best thing to do is wait for the highlights of the funniest bits to be put onto youtube after each match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1867owl said:

I won't be watching it because it's definitely less funny that it used to be (albeit there is always guaranteed to be at least two or three moments of hilarity in each match).

Best thing to do is wait for the highlights of the funniest bits to be put onto youtube after each match.

Great to have insight based on your amazing football career. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, markg said:

Great to have insight based on your amazing football career. 

Like I said, I find it highly entertaining so I'm certainly not having a dig - the more it's on TV the better from my point of view. The goalies are something else 😅

• Haha 1

I made the trip across the Pennines last night, really enjoyed it and great to see so many people there supporting women's football. 

Contrary to popular belief, there wasn't 60k+ free tickets handed out. UEFA have been very strict about giving freebies out so great to hear over 500k tickets have been sold.

Both teams looked a little nervous at times (understandably so) but there were glimpses of quality on show from Mead for the goal and Walsh pulling the strings from midfield. Atmosphere was fantastic, it was refreshing to see so many families there probably experiencing football for the first time. Young girls who love the game just as much as me and you, finally with some role models to aspire to and plenty of options in grassroots football to follow in their footsteps, but in girls only teams and clubs.

Hoping to take my three year old daughter to a game, to show her that it's not only men that can play football. She's starting to show a bit of interest in the game, would love for her to share my passion and it's reassuring that if she does, there's now a girls pathway for her and she doesn't just have to join a boys team.

I get that it's not everybody's cup of tea, and a lot will ridicule it because it's the thing to do, but by becoming an ally you just might encourage your daughter, sister or even mum to get into football. 

I'll be at the Holland V Sweden game on Saturday, two of the favourites going head to head. Shame I have to visit our old ground in Heeley to watch it, but I think I can just about bring myself to do it!

IMG_1829.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, 1867owl said:

Like I said, I find it highly entertaining so I'm certainly not having a dig - the more it's on TV the better from my point of view. The goalies are something else 😅

The very definition of being a '********'

You sound almost proud of it. 

Classy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, 1867owl said:

OK then - let's all pretend women's football isn't funny 🙄

Let's pretend your brain isn't stuck in time before the 00s.

It was incredibly cringeworthy when Andy Gray and Richard Keys were taking the p@ss and got the sack 11 years ago.

Like that embarrassing out of time uncle that turns up at your party smelling like old spice and out of date alcohol..and everyone wishes he would just disappear. 

But i'm guessing your just sh@tposting for giggles anyway.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Those that ridicule women's football might want to give themselves a history lesson to fully appreciate the challenges women have had to overcome to play in front of a packed Old Trafford at a major tournament last night.

Like I say, you don't have to become a fan or even watch a single game, but just refrain from making the boring stereotypical comments and maybe actually support the fact that football is becoming more inclusive?  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Those that ridicule women's football might want to give themselves a history lesson to fully appreciate the challenges women have had to overcome to play in front of a packed Old Trafford at a major tournament last night.

Like I say, you don't have to become a fan or even watch a single game, but just refrain from making the boring stereotypical comments and maybe actually support the fact that football is becoming more inclusive?  

100%. My niece is starting to like football, to think if she was old enough to come onto a forum and see some of the posts that might put her off makes my blood boil.

If you don't like it, don't comment. Let people who want to enjoy it do so. I hope thousands of women/girls in this country enjoy it and take it up, can only be a good thing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1