Premier League 2022/23

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

The Brighton in laws are at the game, unbelievable time to be a Brighton fan.  Just received £60m, £47m profit, from a player they signed last summer and now beating Man Utd away without him.   

Thank goodness we beat mk yesterday so I can be c*cky too 

Weird when you think we beat them in that play off semi final. Since that game they’ve not looked back and we’ve…well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Weird when you think we beat them in that play off semi final. Since that game they’ve not looked back and we’ve…well.

Yep, and that’s the year I started seeing their daughter,  funny how karma hands you a beautiful woman then football kicks you in the balls.  

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

On Brighton, how the hell do you get £110 million for White and Cuckrella, then only £25m for Bissouma?! 

Bissouma was in the last year of his contract and at the time when sold was under investigation for sexual assault.

25 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep, and that’s the year I started seeing their daughter,  funny how karma hands you a beautiful woman then football kicks you in the balls.  

Can’t begrudge them it really. They had a torrid time before they moved into that new stadium. 

Man United are awful.  You can keep swapping managers but until you overhaul that squad then it’s going to be no different.

Given the money they have spent in recent years then to have a squad of that quality is chronic mismanagement.

Dalot, Shaw, Rashford, McTominay, Fred are average for where United want to be. Then throw in they’ve signed Eriksen a few years too late and have Fernandes and Maguire who seem to be rapidly declining.

28 minutes ago, Putney said:

Bissouma was in the last year of his contract and at the time when sold was under investigation for sexual assault.

Didn't know the 2nd bit, the first bit I knew, but still given they got such high prices surprised they didn't cash in sooner. 

Good result from your lot yesterday. Fancy you to finish mid table this year 

15 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Man United are awful.  You can keep swapping managers but until you overhaul that squad then it’s going to be no different.

Given the money they have spent in recent years then to have a squad of that quality is chronic mismanagement.

Am I the only one not convinced that ETH is the answer? His transfer dealings haven't been world beating, mainly consisting of players he knew from Dutch football.  Plenty of deadwood gone, but Ronaldo still a destabilising presence. And they seem to have an interest in all sorts of half decent players without really considering if they fit.

Rinse and repeat in 18 months?

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Didn't know the 2nd bit, the first bit I knew, but still given they got such high prices surprised they didn't cash in sooner. 

Good result from your lot yesterday. Fancy you to finish mid table this year 

Agreed, Bissouma market value wise should be a lot higher. Good business for Tottenham.

Good result and an even better performance. Early days so hard to make a proper judgement but if Fulham do play like that then we’ll be much more competitive this time. Just need a few of the regular midtable teams to have poor seasons to make it interesting, like Soton. 

Haaland up and running. 

Said on here before that he reminds me of the original Ronaldo and that performance underlines why. When he’s in motion moving forward with the ball like that, it just feels like an inevitably that he’s going to score. He just seems bigger, faster and stronger than anyone else on the pitch. That second goal wasn’t ending any other way from the second it left De Bruyne’s boot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Haaland up and running. 

Said on here before that he reminds me of the original Ronaldo and that performance underlines why. When he’s in motion moving forward with the ball like that, it just feels like an inevitably that he’s going to score. He just seems bigger, faster and stronger than anyone else on the pitch. That second goal wasn’t ending any other way from the second it left De Bruyne’s boot. 

i knew he was quick, but it’s surprised me how quick he is. He will take some stopping.