Premier League 2022/23

He could one of those rare players that is better than his dad.

Who else could you honestly say was better than there dad? Can't be meny.

I mean for example Peter or Kasper.

Edited by Maddogbob

8 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Paulo Maldini? 

Tbf, Kasper is a brilliant keeper, but his Dad is arguably the greatest PL of all time. 

16 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Surely most professional footballers are better than their dad?

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

i knew he was quick, but it’s surprised me how quick he is. He will take some stopping. 

He’s a physical freak. Just one of those where you hope his build doesn’t cost him wear and tear and ruin his career. 

I was very much cheerleading for City to sign Haaland instead of Kane a year ago when the cost for Kane was blowing into the £100m+ range. Nothing against Kane, who is a proven goalscorer and they’re not the same player, but I really do think Haaland is a generational prospect with the potential to be as potent as any forward who has ever played the game. By the time he’s moving on from City I think he will be regarded as the best in the world, if he isn’t already up in that tier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Haaland up and running. 

Said on here before that he reminds me of the original Ronaldo and that performance underlines why. When he’s in motion moving forward with the ball like that, it just feels like an inevitably that he’s going to score. He just seems bigger, faster and stronger than anyone else on the pitch. That second goal wasn’t ending any other way from the second it left De Bruyne’s boot. 

I agree, his movement off the ball is fantastic, and with the ball, not many are knocking him off it. 

Edited by Spuddy01
Spelling

It's only early days but on that performance and if City keep supplying him balls like today, he's going to tear the Premier league apart!

You can't defend against that kind of movement, combined with his pace and power he's unplayable.

And he's only 22 😱

Edited by Spuddy01

7 minutes ago, Sova said:

Assuming he stays fit, and assuming City do reasonably well in the cups, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he scored 50 goals this season.

I don't know if he'll manage that this season, but I do think he'll be a 40+er in the next three years provided he stays relatively fit. He's the complete package in a very good team. 

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I don't know if he'll manage that this season, but I do think he'll be a 40+er in the next three years provided he stays relatively fit. He's the complete package in a very good team. 

It wouldn't be a bad bet to bet he'll be the quickest to score 100 PL goals

3 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Enrico Chiesa was a great footballer during a time where there were so many world class Italian forwards playing but his son Federico Chiesa was such a key player for them in their Euro 2020 win

• Like 1

Ten Hag might be asking his lawyers to look for a get out clause in his contract after that performance. 

Sadly he's like one of those arrogant women who think that THEY are the one that will tame the bad boy..sadly Man Utd are proper bad, and if they turn in a performance like that after hes worked with them all pre season, then it's not looking good.

There's a few players that aren't good enough, such as Maguire , but overall it's an attitude issue that both Solksjaer and Ragnick couldn't improve. 

I can see them spending most of the season well outside the top seven.