Premier League 2022/23

Man U were as bad as any team in the division. That first half was completely abject and they look like they have nothing to offer in any area. Total car crash at the back as well. 

De Gea and Rashford's regression is frightening. I honestly think they've got the goalkeeper situation the wrong way round. De Gea should be at Forest on loan. He looks awful. Rashford just looks like he's been chewed up by the club and spat back out, and he's not alone. A man who looks like he needs to play for literally any other club in the world right now for his own sanity. 

It's alright chasing Ronaldo off but who else is doing anything without his goals? Suddenly pinning your hopes on Martial seems absolutely laughable to me. Same mood just with a tenth of the talent and even less than that of the workrate. 

We know who the top 5 are and I think West Ham and Newcastle are locks for the top 10. If Leicester can avoid losing all their best players and any 2 from Brighton, Leeds, Wolves or Villa have decent seasons, I think United are at real risk of a bottom half finish. 

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Man U were as bad as any team in the division. That first half was completely abject and they look like they have nothing to offer in any area. Total car crash at the back as well. 

De Gea and Rashford's regression is frightening. I honestly think they've got the goalkeeper situation the wrong way round. De Gea should be at Forest on loan. He looks awful. Rashford just looks like he's been chewed up by the club and spat back out, and he's not alone. A man who looks like he needs to play for literally any other club in the world right now for his own sanity. 

It's alright chasing Ronaldo off but who else is doing anything without his goals? Suddenly pinning your hopes on Martial seems absolutely laughable to me. Same mood just with a tenth of the talent and even less than that of the workrate. 

We know who the top 5 are and I think West Ham and Newcastle are locks for the top 10. If Leicester can avoid losing all their best players and any 2 from Brighton, Leeds, Wolves or Villa have decent seasons, I think United are at real risk of a bottom half finish. 

De Gea was player of the year last year.

I suppose you think Stockdale is rubbish as well after Portsmouth?

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

De Gea was player of the year last year.

I suppose you think Stockdale is rubbish as well after Portsmouth?

More than welcome to have a flick through my post history and see that I certainly did not think that, no. 

He looks absolutely bobar. Slow to respond, doesn’t command his area, looks like he gives up on situations to me. He’s not turned into an awful goalkeeper overnight and he can still stop a shot - getting player of the year for that rancid United team shows he probably did enough of that to win them a few points - but he looks WELL off it to me. Looks like a player who is 2 or 3 years too long in the tooth at the club.

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Can't help but feel that Forest are setting themselves up for a massive fall here. 

Cooper is effectively having to start again with a new side. 

I didn’t predict they’d go down in the predictions thread but I think I might be wrong there.

They’ve brought in summat daft like 12/13 new players already with more presumably to arrive. I think Cooper is a good coach, he did a great job there last season and they’re a proper club who I’d like to stay up - plus they hate the pigs - but I think that level of turnover is just going to be a real challenge for them to overcome. A lot of the players who’ve joined are from overseas as well and it’s going to take time for them to settle in. I think it’ll be a huge achievement for them to stop up

17 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I didn’t predict they’d go down in the predictions thread but I think I might be wrong there.

They’ve brought in summat daft like 12/13 new players already with more presumably to arrive. I think Cooper is a good coach, he did a great job there last season and they’re a proper club who I’d like to stay up - plus they hate the pigs - but I think that level of turnover is just going to be a real challenge for them to overcome. A lot of the players who’ve joined are from overseas as well and it’s going to take time for them to settle in. I think it’ll be a huge achievement for them to stop up

I had them going down, player turn over and having to Improve during the season is really tricky in the PL. 

Tipped Fulham to stay up, think they've added wisely for a change and got a good manager for their circumstances and lower end of PL

14 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Coady to Everton....didn't see that coming!

Good bit of business that. 

Assume they will be playing with a 3 going forward and he's perfect for that role. 

Chelsea ready to sign De Jong and Aubameyang.

They are also planning a new bid for Wesley Fofana for around £80mil.

Chelsea are spending some serious money. 

£50mil Cucarella

£50mil Sterling

£35-40mil Koulibaly

De Jong will be about £60-70mil

Auba probably cheaper but still a decent wedge

£80mil Fofana 

Madness.

On 11/08/2022 at 08:42, Skyline said:

Chelsea ready to sign De Jong and Aubameyang.

They are also planning a new bid for Wesley Fofana for around £80mil.

Chelsea are spending some serious money. 

£50mil Cucarella

£50mil Sterling

£35-40mil Koulibaly

De Jong will be about £60-70mil

Auba probably cheaper but still a decent wedge

£80mil Fofana 

Madness.

FFP?

6 minutes ago, scram said:

Possibly the most ridiculous display of persevering with a completely failed tactic ever

It's comical to watch

Always makes me laugh (if it's not us) when teams persist with knocking it around the back when it's not working.

That club is just rotten from top to bottom.