Premier League 2022/23

4 hours ago, Spuddy01 said:

It's only early days but on that performance and if City keep supplying him balls like today, he's going to tear the Premier league apart!

You can't defend against that kind of movement, combined with his pace and power he's unplayable.

And he's only 22 😱

Mick Lyons would have him in back pocket or kicked out to row s in North stand 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Mick Lyons would have him in back pocket or kicked out to row s in North stand 

lol 

Yeah I’m sure a second division centre half from 40 years ago would’ve had the beating of one of the best strikers on the planet playing in arguably the best club side to ever play in this country

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

lol 

Yeah I’m sure a second division centre half from 40 years ago would’ve had the beating of one of the best strikers on the planet playing in arguably the best club side to ever play in this country

Totally missed the point.....

5 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Totally missed the point.....

”A centre half who played in the second division for Wednesday 40 years ago would’ve had one of the best modern day strikers in the world in his back pocket”

”No he wouldn’t”

”Totally missed the point”

image.gif.240b14a2bc08e77bd087b7bf53e2adb1.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

”A centre half who played in the second division for Wednesday 40 years ago would’ve had one of the best modern day strikers in the world in his back pocket”

”No he wouldn’t”

”Totally missed the point”

image.gif.240b14a2bc08e77bd087b7bf53e2adb1.gif

Missed point again..imagine them same age which I should have said in original post. 

5 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Missed point again..imagine them same age which I should have said in original post. 

At the same age…you’ve got arguably to best striker in the world, and a ‘thug’ style defender, who wasn’t particular gifted technically.

The point you’re trying to make overlooks the fact that Haaland is as game as they come. Big, strong, quick and, likes a physical battle. 

Maybe there just isn’t a point to make? If it was as easy as putting him into row Z, every team would be trying it, wouldn’t they?

5 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Wait, you're seriously trying to say that 22 year old Mick Lyons at Everton could have handled Haaland? 😁

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing him play against Van Dijk & Harry Maguire, for different reasons. 

• Haha 1

Man Utd are in a whole heap of trouble.

New manager and new transfer window and you still start with McTominay and Fred in the middle.

Pre-season seems to have seen Martial do well and they to have pinned all hopes on him... Despite the fact he has done nothing for years. 
Ronaldo with his smug face whilst sat on the bench. Just get rid (If anyone will take him).

Now they are trying to sign a 33 year old Arnautovic. 

Spent all summer chasing De Jong and failing miserably. 

It's wonderful to watch.

Buzzing that the prem is back. Few things i took from the first round of games...

Spurs could challenge for the title. Their strength in depth is very good this season, added Lenglet in at centre back, Perisic at left wing back, Bissouma in the middle of the pitch and Richarlison up top. Adding to all of that is the front 3 who could all play for any team in the prem. Kulusevski looks like he could have an amazing season.

Man united are hopeless, Fred and Mctominay wouldn't get in a mid table midfield, i'd rather have Rice, Tielemans, Ward Prowse, Doucoure, Guimaeres, there's loads of midfielders better in that league.

Brighton are so good to watch and their recruitment is unreal, with the Cucarella money they'll 100% find some gems to sign before the end of the window. That Caecido to replace Bissouma looks an animal already

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Man Utd are in a whole heap of trouble.

New manager and new transfer window and you still start with McTominay and Fred in the middle.

Pre-season seems to have seen Martial do well and they to have pinned all hopes on him... Despite the fact he has done nothing for years. 
Ronaldo with his smug face whilst sat on the bench. Just get rid (If anyone will take him).

Now they are trying to sign a 33 year old Arnautovic. 

Spent all summer chasing De Jong and failing miserably. 

It's wonderful to watch.

The one constant is the inept parasite owners and their clueless sycophants in the boardroom. Constant changing of managers, no clear strategy, Darren Fletcher as Director of Football, the whole farce with Ragnick. 

Until they fizz off and take with them the suits who are only focussed on flogging shirts to tourists then the club will just keep getting worse and worse. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Man U agree a deal with Juventus to sign Adrien Rabiot

Apparently, he's massively unprofessional and his Mum (who is also his agent) is a nutjob. 

I hope this one goes through. 

• Like 1

Good opening weekend.

De Bruyne and Haaland won't be stopped this season if both stay fit. Frighteningly good.

Nunez will get loads in that Liverpool side. 

I can see Spurs challenging top 3. Really rate Conte and have made some smart signings.

People getting excited over Arsenal, but don't think they'll make top four.

People seem to be writing Chelsea off and are critical of their summer dealings, but I think they've bought well? Sterling proven Premier League scorer and Koulibally a very good centre half. Probably need a replacement for Lukaku, not sure Havertz can do the forward role on his own every week. 

As for Man Utd, well...

1 hour ago, danblakemore said:

My thoughts from day 1.

Citeh will romp it.

Spurs and Arse will have decent seasons.

Man Utd will be lucky to finish top 10.

Southampton, Wolves and Fulham are in for a long hard season

If this was a pre-season thought then yeah fair play, however after playing very well & drawing against one of the best teams in the world, erm ok.