Premier League 2022/23

1 minute ago, Eastern said:

I’m not so sure. If his goals keep them up, the costs alone will be well worth it.

Very true. I guess I was just impressed that Forest seemed to be recruiting within a set budget and have gone against that by paying one player so much. 

• Like 1

Set budget but its still totally insane the money theyd spent before even signing Lingard 

already soent 70 million on 4 players? It shows how much money needs to spent just to have a sniff up there its a totally different beast 

as for Lingard we had him on loan back in 2014/15 and he was utterly useless for us, although to defend him a little bit wed started going against what got us into a promotion push, Morris had got his mitts involved by the 2nd half of that season and that was the collepse from top to 8th. 

not all on Lingard is what Im trying to get at

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

You could say that it's in lieu of a transfer fee but over 3 years it's still the equivalent of a £20m fee plus over £70k pw. For Jesse Lingard. 

Signed a one year deal so it’s £10m in wages. If he keeps them up then they get however many hundreds millions more in tv money.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s batshít mental for a newly promoted team and my good mate who supports Forest is mortified, but it just goes to show the massive disparity between the PL and the rest.

That said, he is going to have to play out of his skin every minute of every game to come close to justifying that pay packet. Truly insane

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

What does "He's back" mean?

He's never played for them?

He's back playing football cos he ain't ******** done it for the last 18 months. 

The likes of him and Dele are embarrassing, shocking they played so much for England 

3 hours ago, g-owls said:

23 years outside the top flight, some decent looking summer signings, then this man child walks through the door and makes it all about him.

Big fish in a small pond, or so he thinks. 

#JLingz god I hate modern football!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

He's back playing football cos he ain't ******** done it for the last 18 months. 

The likes of him and Dele are embarrassing, shocking they played so much for England 

There can't have been many players in the history of the game with as little desire to play it as Dele. He's absolutely laughable and Everton's price to go down gets more tempting if he's going to be in their first team.

Lingard is a man-child but I think he's more in tune on the pitch than Dele is. I think he'll offer Forest a bit of extra quality. Not sure he's what you need in a relegation scrap, but I can see that not being an issue for Forest anyway. Fancy them to do alright. I think people will be linking Brennan Johnson with a serious money move by the time we break for the World Cup.

14 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

Very true. I guess I was just impressed that Forest seemed to be recruiting within a set budget and have gone against that by paying one player so much. 

they spent £17m on a Liverpool reserve, so this lingard deal doesn't come as too much of a surprise.

Lingard has a massive ego, i can see that causing trouble at forest, especially with cooper.

24 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Neco Williams is a quality young player though. I think it is an excellent bit of business.

you reckon?

not seen a great deal of him but I wouldn’t say quality what I have seen. 
Average players from Liverpool seem to go for daft money just because they are there.
Brewster, Williams, Ibe and Solanke off top of my head. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

you reckon?

not seen a great deal of him but I wouldn’t say quality what I have seen. 
Average players from Liverpool seem to go for daft money just because they are there.
Brewster, Williams, Ibe and Solanke off top of my head. 

I was going more on his performances for Wales if I am honest.

32 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

fair enough. You have seen more of him that I have. Guess we will see how he does at Forest. 

The Fulham reporter said its a snip and he was very good for them last season and will be missed be them, so looks decent business to replace Spence for them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 0742 said:

they spent £17m on a Liverpool reserve, so this lingard deal doesn't come as too much of a surprise.

Lingard has a massive ego, i can see that causing trouble at forest, especially with cooper.

I’ve never seen anything to say he has a massive ego???

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, g-owls said:

23 years outside the top flight, some decent looking summer signings, then this man child walks through the door and makes it all about him.

Big fish in a small pond, or so he thinks. 

God hes a tw@t 

the type of personality we simply didnt want or need back in 2015 chasing promotion 

good luck Forest with ******** like this signing for your club on big wages 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

God hes a tw@t 

the type of personality we simply didnt want or need back in 2015 chasing promotion 

good luck Forest with ******** like this signing for your club on big wages 

I don’t get what he has done so wrong that everyone seems to think Lingard is arrogant or a tw@t 

More an ego in my opinion 

hes literally just walked into Nottingham and made it all about the “jlingz” show 

It might have the opposite effect and it actually takes the pressure of the others, what with it being the lingard show