Premier League 2022/23

22 hours ago, Skyline said:

Not the EPL but Barca... I read Yesterday they owe De Jong something like £17mil in deferred wages.

But they are looking to sign Raphina for £50mil and trying for Lewy at £35+mil.

Something doesn't quite add up. 

https://talksport.com/football/1148530/barcelona-frenkie-de-jong-manchester-united-unpaid-wages-transfer/

Barcelona are an absolute disgrace. Need binning. 

They're the embodiment of the modern games entitlement. What happened to this conveyor belt of academy talent from their world famous academy? Barcelona could probably field a team of academy products supplemented by the odd big name on a free transfer and still finish in the top half of La Liga, or compete to qualify for the Europa or Conference Leagues. But that's not enough for them, is it. Beneath them. 

It’s quite funny that Man U might not get De Jong and he’s their main target - you can see why he’d want his money from Barca though and is standing his ground. 

When are Man U going to sign anyone else ??

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I quite like Man U taking the Colin approach to transfers and only signing players their gaffer has worked with before 

To be fair, they'd probably be better off. Nobody else at that club seems to have a clue what they're doing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

To be fair, they'd probably be better off. Nobody else at that club seems to have a clue what they're doing. 

Yes Man Utd haters might not like to see them getting their act together. I feel their signings are very promising for the place they’re at in world football these days.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Football is gone mate from how we used to know it..st holder for years at Wednesday but gave it up .I will still look for our results on soccer Saturday but I can't afford the tickets now for games. 

Oh I hear you 

both our clubs hit with points dedudctions, fines and embargos galore and ultimately relegated to the 3rd tier because of those punishments but prem fans still think it wasnt enough 

yet Barcelona etc got off scot free for trying to break away, its a ******** pity we didnt just let them pi33 off I say, we could have then got shot of the stinking lot of them ie the gravy trainers, the insufferible glory hunting fans who never attend games etc etc.

2 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Oh I hear you 

both our clubs hit with points dedudctions, fines and embargos galore and ultimately relegated to the 3rd tier because of those punishments but prem fans still think it wasnt enough 

yet Barcelona etc got off scot free for trying to break away, its a ******** pity we didnt just let them pi33 off I say, we could have then got shot of the stinking lot of them ie the gravy trainers, the insufferible glory hunting fans who never attend games etc etc.

They could have gone for me too...people would have soon got bored of super league...

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 09:15, fudge27 said:

Americanised and all sparkle no bite? 

Very Americanised and just wholy sanitised. 

Some of the away trips leave you with a very bad taste... What used to be English football.... 

Some of the grounds... Arsenal stands out.... Was more half and half scarves than arsenal scarves. So many tourists. 

Song sheets etc. 

Big six bias... And I say that as a fan of a club that gets a lot of media attention away from the big 6.

You can't understate how bad VAR is.  Goals arnt goals.  You stand there waiting for somebody to give you a reason why Arsenal cant have a goal against them. 

Most home fans spend all match pointing thier phone at the novelty of vociferous, noisy away fans.

Funny for a while... Then you realise what our game has become. 

• Like 2

Leeds U 

it was bad the last time we were up there in 2008 and Ive heard fans if clubs like West Ham say they cant gi anymore because its more about the brand, they say its almost WWF like nowadays

I dont think Forest fans realise how sanitised and brand pushed its become, they wont enjoy it and Ive trued to tell them that but they need to experience it first hand.

as for Var ive seen it first hand at a game, fans go mad in the away end only for them to chalk it off with no explanation given, I will not attend another game with that in use 

I want them to sod off and take all their idiot sheep and technology with them 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Very Americanised and just wholy sanitised. 

Some of the away trips leave you with a very bad taste... What used to be English football.... 

Some of the grounds... Arsenal stands out.... Was more half and half scarves than arsenal scarves. So many tourists. 

Song sheets etc. 

Big six bias... And I say that as a fan of a club that gets a lot of media attention away from the big 6.

You can't understate how bad VAR is.  Goals arnt goals.  You stand there waiting for somebody to give you a reason why Arsenal cant have a goal against them. 

Most home fans spend all match pointing thier phone at the novelty of vociferous, noisy away fans.

Funny for a while... Then you realise what our game has become. 

Living in the south I’ve always found Arsenal are the worst for attracting tourist fans as you say, and part timers.  People often moan about southern Man Utd fans being glory hunters etc but i find they actually follow the sport.  Arsenal seem to attract people just because it’s fashionable to support them.  

But I guess I wouldn’t complain if wednesday attracted a larger fanbase that helps us financially.   

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Absolutely crazy a club like Forest have the money to offer the reported wages that Lingard wants. 

I don't know what's crazier, Forest being willing to pay that much, or the fact that Jesse Lingard is demanding, and getting, £200k pw 

You could say that it's in lieu of a transfer fee but over 3 years it's still the equivalent of a £20m fee plus over £70k pw. For Jesse Lingard. 

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I don't know what's crazier, Forest being willing to pay that much, or the fact that Jesse Lingard is demanding, and getting, £200k pw 

You could say that it's in lieu of a transfer fee but over 3 years it's still the equivalent of a £20m fee plus over £70k pw. For Jesse Lingard. 

completely agree. Everything about it is crazy. Really thought he would have ended up back at West Ham. 

I think this is a bad move from Forest, they have recruited really well imo this summer and haven't spent stupid money. This sort of imbalance in wages can sometimes cause problems in the dressing room.

• Like 1

What a bad signing for Forest and silly move by Lingard.

I'm not his biggest fan but if he signed for someone like WHU and carried on his form he had with them the other season on loan he would be in with a shout of the England WC suqad.

Can't see him getting a lookin whilst at Forest.

Madness they are willing to spunk £200k a week on him too. Should be adding 2 or 3 decent players for that.

I actually dont care about Forest anymore let them get on with it, their fans can no longer cry about parachute payments and inflated wages anymore now theyre in the club can they so fizz em in that regard. 

ansolutely disgusting what this soort has been used for, have you seen the utter pillocks twitter vid he put out “done deal baby”, the game is being fooked and spat in by the biggest bunch of average talent, not to mention the worst type of person you can imagine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Lingard is a right w@nker. 

He thinks he's Ronaldo, when in reality he's a mid-table PL player at best. 

I quite like him. Agree he is a mid table type player who sometimes has the odd game where he looks better than that.

ive never really seen anything from him that suggests to me that he thinks he is better than he is 

2 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

I think this is a bad move from Forest, they have recruited really well imo this summer and haven't spent stupid money. This sort of imbalance in wages can sometimes cause problems in the dressing room.

I’m not so sure. If his goals keep them up, the costs alone will be well worth it.

• Like 1