Premier League 2022/23

City and Liverpool the two to beat again, but Conte is stamping his mark at Spurs and they’d be a good bet to finish third.

Chelsea fourth, Arsenal and United making up the top six once more.

Bournemouth and Fulham will struggle. I can see Forest staying up. Cooper is a very good coach and I wouldn’t be surprised if they manage to pull some interesting signings between now and the start of the season.

I can see Southampton having a bad season. They’ve had a tendency in recent years to have a good run followed by an even worse one. That won’t last forever, and with a younger looking squad it could be very tough for them if they don’t get points early on.

With a bit of luck we’ll be playing Leeds again the following season. 

• Like 1

Richarlison to Spurs... I honestly don't get the hype.

When he first arrived in England at Watford he looked immense but quickly dissappeared. 

Seemed to do the same at Everton, quick start and then very much stop, start kind of season. 

36 caps and 14 goals for Brazil is pretty impressive though. But where does he fit in that Spurs team?

Kane is the striker. Son is probably one of the best players in the league. Kulusevski was very impressive last season but his role is the only one I can see him deployed in. 

Big fan of Jesus though and think it could be a coup for Arsenal if they provide him with the right chances.

Be interesting to see how Jesus does at Arsenal.

I'm a big fan of his and feel he was underused at City. But he also had some stinkers.

I think playing regular games, in his favoured position up top could be just what he needs to flourish. On paper Arsenal are building a decent side. 

12 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Be interesting to see how Jesus does at Arsenal.

I'm a big fan of his and feel he was underused at City. But he also had some stinkers.

I think playing regular games, in his favoured position up top could be just what he needs to flourish. On paper Arsenal are building a decent side. 

Whenever I've seen City play he seems to work hard and tactically is good but he isn't a prolific finisher. Someone was always going to spend a lot of money on him and I think end up underwhelming because no other team can get away with missing as often as you can at City.

Saying that, he could do well at Arsenal provided they haven't put all their eggs in one basket and keep strengthening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Eriksen to Man U. Hasn’t the poor bloke suffered enough?

Would have loved him to stay at Brentford. The club that gave him the chance and hope.

But Man Utd offering £150k a week. I assume is more than treble what Brentford was offering. 

9 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Would have loved him to stay at Brentford. The club that gave him the chance and hope.

But Man Utd offering £150k a week. I assume is more than treble what Brentford was offering. 

No sentiment in football, money talks. To be fair though after going through what he has, he’d be mad to turn down 3 years on 150k a week

8 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

No sentiment in football, money talks. To be fair though after going through what he has, he’d be mad to turn down 3 years on 150k a week

Totally agree on both counts.

Would be nice to see some loyalty but with a limited career and what he has gone through, anyone would be mad to turn do that money and length of contract to go with it.

I don't think any of us expected to see him kick a football again in competitive football, never mind bag a bumper contract like that.

Getting ‘injury’ prone and an arse of a person Pogba out for Eriksen on a free doesn’t seem too bad. 

You wonder if Eriksen has 2 to 3 more years in his legs though. 

Are Man U wanting to unveil all their new players at once or something?

Maybe Ten Hag won’t mind Ronaldo leaving either. That’d be 2 big personalities he doesn’t to contend with.  

Guest Mcguigan
8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Leeds looking very weak if Raphinha goes too.

Depends how they spend the incoming funds I suppose.

12 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Phillips to City

Sorry to throw in this grenade but 

Was it Southgate who put Phillips into the England team (and people said WTF)… where he went on to look great in the Euro’s…. elevating his stature / value 

Therefore - is Gareth a player spotting waistcoat genius  

9 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Sorry to throw in this grenade but 

Was it Southgate who put Phillips into the England team (and people said WTF)… where he went on to look great in the Euro’s…. elevating his stature / value 

Therefore - is Gareth a player spotting waistcoat genius  

Did he really look great?? Not fo me, I really don't get the clamour for Phillips. 45m for him is an absolute rip off considering Jesus has gone for the same money and who's won 4 premier league's.